Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521410 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #10545 on: November 18, 2013, 03:56:19 am »
DH just bought me the cookbook for my dream pot :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: November 18, 2013, 04:11:25 am »
DH just bought me the cookbook for my dream pot :)

Does he know, Robyn...?  ;)

I brought my DH a coffee table on Saturday for his birthday today!  :D
:D

*suzanne*

Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #10547 on: November 18, 2013, 04:42:03 am »
we just bought the miele front loader and dryer and I love them,  the dryer has six star energy rating and  I don't use a clothes line or an iron so it was a little more expensive than your average dryer but it is brilliant.
my washing machine like hallys can be opened to chuck something in if I've forgot but generally it just waits until the next load I too was originally a top loader fan but very happy with mine :D:D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: November 18, 2013, 05:18:59 am »
Gert I'm not at all precious with my washing but have had too many colour runs (even only using cold water) to not separate the colors. I never hand wash, and will put silk or other delicate items in the washing machine in a hosiery bag. I hang on the line if I can, or put over a clothes horse because our central heating is on every day and that dries faster than the dryer. I flatten clothes when folding and iron only a couple of things a week, I figure the creases come out of most things if you flatten or while wearing. I've  never used fabric softener and don't really understand why people bother with it. I find the amount of trouble some people go to with their washing and drying very interesting, particularly friends that color code pegs to clothes!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: November 18, 2013, 05:49:41 am »
I find the amount of trouble some people go to with their washing and drying very interesting, particularly friends that color code pegs to clothes!
... I had a cousin like that!

I can't remember the last time I ironed anything.  If you give things a good shake before hanging them out then are careful once you take them off the line and hang or fold them as soon as you can they generally look pretty good.  My mum used to iron underwear!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #10550 on: November 18, 2013, 06:02:47 am »
Oh god I gave up ironing when I had my third child. I'm so happy with my new work uniform shirts that don't need ironing :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10551 on: November 18, 2013, 06:10:27 am »
Astarra, yes I ordered the book, he picked it up for me.. ;)
some good recipes to try, then convert my own.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #10552 on: November 18, 2013, 06:28:19 am »
Gert I'm not at all precious with my washing but have had too many colour runs (even only using cold water) to not separate the colors. I never hand wash, and will put silk or other delicate items in the washing machine in a hosiery bag. I hang on the line if I can, or put over a clothes horse because our central heating is on every day and that dries faster than the dryer. I flatten clothes when folding and iron only a couple of things a week, I figure the creases come out of most things if you flatten or while wearing. I've  never used fabric softener and don't really understand why people bother with it. I find the amount of trouble some people go to with their washing and drying very interesting, particularly friends that color code pegs to clothes!

:-[ I color code pegs.  :-[ but not to clothes, all shirts have one color, all underwear another etc.  :-[
I do sort my washing, but heck...I have that much of it I have to do 2-3 loads a day anyway so it is not hard to do a darks, a lights and a towels  :)
I don't use fabric softener since I started using Enjo to clean as it wreaks havoc on the fibers.
I don't iron - but a friend picks up my ironing each week and brings it back done  :D (spoilt as, I know)
:D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10553 on: November 18, 2013, 06:50:01 am »
Yes wonder it is fascinating how people go about normal chores.

I have nothing folded except underwear. Everything is on hangers. I use the washer/comfort trick because so many of my clothes areTs with funny fibres and crinkle. Works a treat. DH does not wear T shirts which I might fold.

I don't own any pegs Astarra. But I might colour code for fun If I had absolutely nothing else to do and was bored  :D

Itsnotartitsdinner that is the machine I am looking at maybe.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10554 on: November 18, 2013, 07:26:27 am »
I hate grey whites so generally sort lights from darks. I alway fill the fabric softener  compartment with white vinegar, gets the soap residue out. I hate really smelly products. I have the smsung 10 kg front loader. I like to hang in the sun during summer but not precious about it and love my dryer.
I like the tip to put a little softener on a  cloth in the dryer to stop static.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10555 on: November 18, 2013, 08:11:25 am »
I tend to throw in the clothes, , with the detergent and then hang them on the line. I do iron. DH's good shirts ( very few ) and DD's work blouses. Also my T towels as I love an ironed T towel and pillow slips for the same reason.

I inherited Mum's dryer and have had it for 9 years and I think I have used it once.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #10556 on: November 18, 2013, 03:07:20 pm »
I've always been a top loader person for the sheer convenience of being able to add things during the cycle and also not having the hassle of bending /kneeling to load and unload.

I have an asko front loader (7kg I think) and you can add items anytime during the wash cycle. Just push a button and wait for up to about 10 seconds (depending where the machine is up to in its cycle) and the door will pop open when it is ready. Very useful for stray socks.

Also have the asko heat pump condenser dryer which I think I have mentioned before. Can't speak highly enough of the dryer. 6 star energy rating and unbelievably efficient at getting sheets and towels dry. Emits absolutely no condensation and very little heat.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #10557 on: November 18, 2013, 09:59:40 pm »
we just bought the miele front loader and dryer and I love them,  the dryer has six star energy rating and  I don't use a clothes line or an iron so it was a little more expensive than your average dryer but it is brilliant.
my washing machine like hallys can be opened to chuck something in if I've forgot but generally it just waits until the next load I too was originally a top loader fan but very happy with mine :D:D

Please could you pm the model of your dryer. Ours is very old & on the way out & we love miele. Thx. H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10558 on: November 18, 2013, 10:01:32 pm »
Astarra I would love a friend like that  ;D

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #10559 on: November 18, 2013, 11:04:51 pm »
I've been thinking seriously about replacing my washing machine for awhile, I was thinking if getting an LG, but after reading all your posts I'm not sure now.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!