Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521298 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #10395 on: November 10, 2013, 09:24:33 am »
Djinni great buys, where is the Arcadian trail?

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: November 10, 2013, 09:40:47 am »
Djinni great buys, where is the Arcadian trail?

Wonder.....mr google .  ;D ;D
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: November 10, 2013, 09:45:33 am »
It's in the north of Sydney Wonder. Beautiful part of Sydney just north of us around Dural and Arcadia

And picked up these for the garden. Not the cockatoo. He was magnificent but a little over budget  ;D

“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: November 10, 2013, 10:05:08 am »
Different Gayle, you'll have to take us there when we have a thermofest in Sydney one year  ;)  Great shopping, who is leading who astray?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: November 10, 2013, 10:58:06 am »
That cockatoo is amazing. I'd love him. I guess I would have to rob a bank though.  :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #10400 on: November 10, 2013, 08:39:55 pm »

Went shopping with Judy when she was in Melbourne. We went to the Essential Ingredient where we bought many non essential things .  I couldn't resist this book.  The recipes look good and the base for the Danish Pastries is a recipe by Dan Lepard.  I will review it when I have made a couple of recipes.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: November 10, 2013, 08:47:37 pm »
Chookie that book looks great. Have you ever been to Books for Cooks when in Melbourne? I went there on Saturday and I'm not really a big cook book fan but I could have purchased up big, never seen a store like it. I was very restrained and just got the Chin Chin book.

Gert, funny I didn't think to Google, my family and friends think I'm a bit strange normally because I'm always googling things.

While these pictures aren't of things I've just purchased when opening my freezer this morning I noticed two shelves I had rearranged on the weekend where all organised and stock with things from this forum - homemade ice cream, tovolo containers, single portions of vacuumed sealed casserole, lock and lock containers of awesome cheese sauce, rhubarb compote from the EDC and some home made frozen strawberry yogurt using up the strawberries that had been soaked in gin!

For those interested the cite creams are Teninas chocolate with added white chocolate chips, peppermint chocolate made with lactose free milk and cream (but not lactose free chocolate) and rum and raisin.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: November 10, 2013, 11:12:51 pm »
Nice organised freezer Wonder, if only I could reduce my stocks and have mine looking like that  :-))  I am still poking things wherever I can find a space and if it weren't for the inventory I keep on the door which also tells me which shelf and which position something is, I would never be able to find anything  :-))  I think I am making headway though, albeit it very slowly.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: November 10, 2013, 11:54:00 pm »
Love the tidy freezer  Wonder. Judy I think we must be nuts for filling our freezers all the time. There really is no need for some to have anything but ice and peas. Well I am one of those. We go to the post office to collect mail most days and it is in the shopping centre so why do I have to freeze anything? I can never remember what is in the thing anyway but I ain't making lists. I do make a lot of dog food and freeze in small amounts and then there  are the bargain meat purchases and maybe some leftovers I am sick of and so it goes a never ending filling and trying to empty.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: November 10, 2013, 11:56:57 pm »
Habits are hard to break Gert but I'm working on it  ;)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: November 11, 2013, 12:01:01 am »
Chookie, that book looks wonderful.
Hally, I must admit I had considered getting another, haven't been creative enough lately.
Wonder,I just purchased 3 of those ice cream tubs, thought they would be great especially ar Xmas time. Got them from the Home Depot on special. I would hate anyone to see in my freezer! My family can't keep anything tidy.
Denise

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: November 11, 2013, 12:03:36 am »
Yesterday I did have 3 jugs on the go at once ;D
1 bread on first rise
2 pikelets resting for 30 mins
3 pastry & then quiche filling.

Really easy to use 3 ;D ;D
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: November 11, 2013, 12:08:44 am »
LOl, I purposedly only took the photo of those two shelves as the rest are everything just shoved in!! Now that DH and I are both working full time I'm really trying hard to have the freezer much more organised and stocked. I cleaned out the first 3 shelves on the weekend and will slowly work my way down.

Gert, I try not to put too much in the freezer because it just stays in there and gets lost, but always look out for meat that has been reduced and will do a bigger shop when I go to the market. I find apart from dumplings and ice cream the rest of the family don't take anything from the freezer. I am however being more disciplined with freezing leftovers or part made meals.

Bedlam you will love the Tovolo ice cream containers - even DH said how great they were last night. The icecream seems much easier to scoop and they fit really well in our freezer.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:10:30 am by Wonder »

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: November 11, 2013, 12:11:09 am »
No need to convince me Hally.
I understand wonder, you just have to be organised working full time not enough hours in the day. If not you resort to junk food...no good.
Denise

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: November 11, 2013, 01:53:07 am »
Where can I buy the icecream containers, they look great :)
Mum to Crown Prince......