Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521116 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8760 on: May 29, 2013, 11:22:42 pm »
Well I got a call yesterday regarding my electric pc, finally they have stock, so can swap mine over, so off to Balcatta today :)

It was only last September that it was agreed Imcoukd have a replacement.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: May 30, 2013, 01:28:04 am »
Well I am resting my credit card for the week  :)
My  quest to find the final green laguiole pieces is now complete!
I spotted the matching green cheese forks & cheese clever online....from "Sabato" in NZ.....unfortunately they don't ship to Australia, but I begged and asked nicely with 1000 cherries on top  :P Success  :)

....I can now sleep tonight  LOL

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: May 30, 2013, 02:36:18 am »
Great buys Maddy
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: May 30, 2013, 03:45:58 am »
My new electric pc, which has a steaming basket & new functions, slow cooking.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: May 30, 2013, 03:49:44 am »
Maddy it must have been the cherries on top that did it!

Hally it is good to hear nice things do happen for consumers. Have fun with your 'new' purchase.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: May 30, 2013, 03:58:45 am »
Yes afree upgrade. I have it on. Ringing water to pressure, fingers crossed :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: May 30, 2013, 04:38:44 am »
I really do try to stay away from this thread but I had to come back as I posted this in  the IPad Tips and Tricks Thread.

Posted on: Today at 06:10:47 Posted by: Gertbysea
Insert Quote
Yes you are right . I ordered them as soon as I saw them in Helene's shop ( I think it was the first day because nobody had mentioned them yet…. I  wanted to be the first to have one in Australia so I kept mum about it .)… I ordered some for myself and think  they will arrive in the next few days. Maybe today. I wanted this Kribbitt so bad so PM'd Helene to ask if they were as good as and she said it was the very best she had ever seen. I have bought two hopeless useless stands in the past and this one looks amazing.

This is a brand new product just invented so no one will know about it. It looks so versatile and can be used for every device. I also,like that it is a local product in Canada made by a known inventor and not a Chinese knockoff with crap manufacturing. This guy makes each one himself and he made it for his children so it must be solid and something young and old can use easily. It is flexible so you would be able to type at your best angle plus it does not move when you type due to the non something or other rubber like stuff covering the hard wire something. Anyway when I get my three I will but a pic here.  If it is as good as then I will order two more for gifts because everyone I know with a iPad, iPad mini or  reader will want it so if I were you I would order two now so you have it when you get home.

Yes the mini recharges much faster and is great for the handbag for travelling and for shopping when you are out. Easier to type on than the phone but I love my iPad at home for business stuff  and for watching missed  TV shows in bed.  I love that this stand will make it hands free as I really get tired holding it as I do with my Kindle. Hard to grab that glass of wine while watching a show and reaching out!.

Not mentioning it on the shopping thread because those crazy girls might empty the shop when they  see it. I have watched all the VDO's on You Tube and have read all the stuff I could find on Kribbitt  man Paul and  really want him to succeed . It is really a clever thing. Helene told me she has met him, likes him and that is good enough for me. Also I think he is charity minded as well so it is nice to give him support

Well they arrived today and they Are everything Helen's said they were plus plus. So ordered another two.

You have to go to  http://thermomix.superkitchenmachine.com/pages/ipad-stand-kitchen-video

Gert
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:58:18 am by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8767 on: May 30, 2013, 04:50:41 am »
Here are the three.

After reading the instructions I opened the thing. Because of the way they are flat packed you have to stand it up and press the feet to the table to get the feet right to lose any wobble. Easy as. DH did his without  reading the

The beauty of this thing is that it is totally stable and you can press hard plus push hard and won't move. Great for typing. Very flexible and you can move it to any angle. Can't wait to use it on the side of the bath.

I even had it on my hand upside down. I am confident in this thing never letting go of my iPads or kindle.

I am glad I ordered my five before it is discovered. Greedy I am. Don't think she will run out but you never know. Got here in about 10 days.

Love it to bits. Best IPad gadget I have ever seen or bought.

Gert
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 07:20:22 am by Gertbysea »

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: May 30, 2013, 05:01:33 am »
Gert, looks great. I saw them yesterday, when looking at Helene's blog :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: May 30, 2013, 05:29:22 am »
Hally, is that the same brand you originally bought or did they replace it with something better?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: May 30, 2013, 09:18:11 am »
Gert I also looked at it and thought seriously about it.
I like the look of yours all set up. I haven't bought a stand for mine as I don't want to knock it and have it fall and break  thanks for the information.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: May 30, 2013, 09:47:10 am »
Cookie you can actually push the thing hard and it won't move.  I am typing on my knee with two hands which is a  bonus. Today I took my Kribbitt and mini out for a trial shopping and I rested it on my handbag in the shopping trolly and was able to use two hands to type some stuff and search the forum for ingredients while I did my shopping . Don't know what the coating is made of. Looks like rubber  not like plastic and feels sort , of like a wet suit.  You can move the feet and cradle bits to suit not easily but it does move. Makes it really tight and really confident it will hold. Because of the design I think you could drop it and it it landed on it,s back or front  it would be ok. The edges of the iPad not so much but that is typical. I am leaving mine in their protective s covers anyway so feel very secure  all around. This would,be a good thing for small children and teenagers who are careless not to mention old farts like DH and me.

I would love to know how Helene found this thing and if she knew the inventor first.
Gert.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: May 30, 2013, 09:54:29 am »
Hally, is that the same brand you originally bought or did they replace it with something better?

Yes dame brand JD, Just an updated version :)
Worked well today :)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: May 30, 2013, 10:29:59 am »
Lovely iPad stand Gert.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: May 30, 2013, 11:53:29 am »
I bought one of the ipad stands today after seeing Gerts earlier posts. Can't wait to try it out.