Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521122 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8550 on: May 16, 2013, 12:18:02 am »
Hey girls,

I dropped my phone and smashed it on the front porch yesterday, so now I'm in need of a new one :-[ :-))

I was hoping for some recommendations, opinions, advice... anything really :)
My smashed one is the cheap version of the samsung galaxy. I'm looking to get a better one this time, as long as it is actually worth the money ;)

TIA! :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: May 16, 2013, 12:25:27 am »
I bought DH a iphone 2 months ago.. ;D
I have a samsung flip phone, (boring), but I am in front of a computer all day, and I ring people, not text.. (showing my age here)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:32:37 am by obbie »
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: May 16, 2013, 12:28:36 am »
I put mine thru the washing machine (again) the other day, :-)) (Seem to do it at least once during a pregnancy  ??? )
 DH got me a Samsung Galaxy Ace (I think it is called) and it is great!! Not sure how much you are looking to spend tho? Think it was about $185.
:D

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: May 16, 2013, 12:40:07 am »
We love our Samsung Galaxy SII here (and will soon be upgrading to the Galaxy III or the Samsung NoteII. I constantly text, email, facebook and forum! As it is an android, you can download lifferent keyboards such as swipe (see here -scoot along to 2min 22sec- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcZ80An2k6o ) which makes texting etc sooooo much faster. It can also tether to other devices allowing you to have internet on different devices :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: May 16, 2013, 12:43:04 am »
C had the 3 Legos products for the 3rd cook book, so purchased the pastes to get the book :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: May 16, 2013, 12:46:08 am »
I did similar at WW Halex - buy 3 philli products and get a free serving dish (& 4 recipe cards)  :D
:D

stacelee

« Reply #8556 on: May 16, 2013, 12:52:12 am »
I've moved from an Iphone 5 to the Galaxy note II.  I'm really happy with it although its not as stable as the iphone was.  The battery life on the Iphone is very bad, the Galaxy is a little better but you can also get a spare battery for it.  I love the screen size.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: May 16, 2013, 12:56:35 am »
I have an i phone 5 which I like. It will also depend on how much you use it Amy and how much you want to pay  ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: May 16, 2013, 12:57:40 am »
Thanks for the info and tips ladies :) My bank is right next to the phone shop so I will check my balance before I go in ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: May 16, 2013, 01:33:18 am »
When DH and I got new phones the salesman said anything is better than an iPhone so we ended up with a couple of problematic Motorolas.The only thing we like about our phones are the swipe feature. My 3 kids have iPhones and want me to get one. I think a large majority of young ones go for iPhone and this in itself will have its advantages for you. Ask your friends, and don't necessarily believe what the salesman is trying to push you towards as they are probably on an incentive program and thinking about the $$$ a bloke on the plane next to me had a Samsung and it had a lovely big screen, and he said he bought it because it was compatible with windows or something.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

*suzanne*

Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8560 on: May 16, 2013, 01:38:02 am »
I have the Samsung galaxy s3 and love it it's even had a bath and survived would definitely recommend it;D;D

• View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: May 16, 2013, 04:24:23 am »
Thanks suzanne, I will look at that one, it must be a better version of my smashed one ;D

I think a large majority of young ones go for iPhone and this in itself will have its advantages for you. Ask your friends...

Um... you guys are my friends CP :-)) I have very few friends my own age. Only one who springs to mind actually ;)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: May 16, 2013, 04:39:55 am »
Yesterday after the dog pee'd on my bed AGAIN (he's banned from my bedroom but I forgot to close the door while I was having a shower) I decided it was time for a new quilt. My old one is not really warm enough in winter anyway. So I bought a lovely new wool quilt, and because everything was on sale I also bought flanellette sheets for my bed (king size) and new ones for the girls'. When I took the king size fitted sheet out of the packaging to wash, I though it looked a bit small so tried it on the bed - waaay too small! I suspect it's for a king single bed, although packaging clearly states 'king bed' so not the salespersons' fault.
Looks like another trip to Adair's on the weekend "sigh".
Melbourne, inner north

*suzanne*

Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8563 on: May 16, 2013, 04:46:09 am »
I hate it when that happens deedub I went home with two different size shoes for Lily the other week ::)

mcmich

« Reply #8564 on: May 16, 2013, 04:48:42 am »
That's annoying Dee.

Love new linen, bought new linen for master bed and guest bed last week.

Glad your four legged family member has been banned from the bedroom.