Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521394 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8415 on: May 04, 2013, 02:30:01 am »
Watcha learn from Mr Google. There is an app for FixYa for your phone. You take a VDO of the problem and some expert somewhere will give you a solution. Like having a handy man available 24/7 and no charge.  Amazing. How helpful is that!!!!

http://www.fixya.com/fixya-apps

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8416 on: May 04, 2013, 04:40:20 am »
I recently purchased the tupperware microsteamer, love it, anyone else have it :)

Is that the one that is green & similar functions to the Varoma? I've heard the recipes are good.

Yes it is, I am very happy with it :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8417 on: May 04, 2013, 06:13:54 am »
Mmm,  thanks Hally... I know what I'm getting next time I go to a party ;)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: May 04, 2013, 06:53:10 am »
Yes yiu will love it :)

Just lr some new clothes & pjs, his whole face lit up, money well spent :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: May 04, 2013, 07:50:40 am »
Hally it is highly possible that lr's behaviour will change now that he is in a caring place. He has obviously been very neglected and unloved for some time. His behaviour may well have been attention seeking. I'm not saying I am correct but it is a possibility.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #8420 on: May 04, 2013, 07:59:15 am »
Hally it is highly possible that lr's behaviour will change now that he is in a caring place. He has obviously been very neglected and unloved for some time. His behaviour may well have been attention seeking. I'm not saying I am correct but it is a possibility.

I agree Cookie. He has boundaries, rules and positive reinforcement. He is being treated like a member of the family. He will thrive with your care and love. What a great thing you, DH and CP are doing.  :D

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: May 04, 2013, 11:51:42 am »
Hally it's probably because of the hurdles that others gave up on lr.  The effort you are putting in now will mean more than he can ever tell you.

You and your family are so generous inviting lr into your live.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: May 04, 2013, 12:22:49 pm »
I wish there were more families in the world like yours Hally.
I was in luck today, and  by chance, stopped at a sports store that was having a sale as DS's sneakers are due for the bin.. I got 3 pairs of New balance shoes for the kids for $75. However, the worse thing is that all the shoes fit me, and my kids are still in primary school! I wear a size 9 shoe, so I hate to think what size my kids will end up in.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: May 05, 2013, 12:51:48 am »
Back to shopping ;D

I recently purchased the tupperware microsteamer, love it, anyone else have it :)

It is fabulous .. I use it alot less since i learnt that microwaves change how you digest the food it cooks?? But the vegies were always full of flavour and delish.. Great product..

Dh just told me to keep using it (i never told him why i stopped using it until now) as due to its design (and he would know) the microwaves dont actually come into contact with the food but only the water.. So all good :). I actually tested the prototype before it came onto the market..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

mcmich

« Reply #8424 on: May 05, 2013, 09:00:44 am »
Went to Bondi today to check out Williams-Sonoma, West Elm and Pottery Barn. Not quite as impressed as I thought I would be. Having said that plenty made it into my shopping basket. I think West Elm's furniture is very reasonably priced. They had a lovely display of red enamel ware (my favourite colour). I would have bought the roasting dish, colander, everything actually. When enquiring at the service desk if I could take a closer look was informed that it was for display purposes only  ???

Bought a beautiful Nordic Ware mini bundt pan. Eyed off some gorgeous over sized crystal old fashioned tumblers - only to be told they weren't in stock and I could order them (2 days delivery, no postage costs) after begging the sales assistance he sold me one, the rest are in the post :-\ . Just couldn't resist the Mauviel butter bell so it's on order. Would have loved more from the range but very xxxy - will have a look on line. They have a lot of staff but hard to get assistance, it was very busy though.

Back to Westfield - Amazing centre, yes lots of the shops we have up here, though we don't have any of the high end ones - Armani, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co etc. The service in Westfield was 100 times better than anything in Newcastle.
Got chatting to a trendy young lady at DJ's and she stated that the new stores are very "Eastern Suburbs."

Lovely meeting DS for lunch.

Will post photo's of the purchases when DH is scarce and they arrive.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:12:37 am by mcmich »

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: May 05, 2013, 09:06:27 am »
Oh goodie Michell. Can't wait to,see what you,bought.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: May 05, 2013, 09:08:26 am »
Been dying For you to opst mich :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: May 05, 2013, 10:01:40 am »
It sounds like good shopping Michele.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #8428 on: May 05, 2013, 10:06:13 am »
It was ok. Disappointed they had no stock and it has to be ordered and the displays are items they don't carry.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: May 05, 2013, 10:25:54 am »
It was ok. Disappointed they had no stock and it has to be ordered and the displays are items they don't carry.

Which store was,that.? Did you like Wiliam  Sonoma? I always found them to,be super expensive in the States but a good range.

BTW Peters  of Kensigton has a  big range of interesting NordicWare cake pans.

Gert