Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521128 times)

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8340 on: April 30, 2013, 01:59:32 pm »
Girl power mine dyson was $447 at the good guys, we purchased a few things at the same time and the only thing they wouldn't reduce further was the dyson. Harvey Norman said their best price was $525!
Thanks Wonder :)
We always shopped at HN...but started to find the GG prices were more competitive, so tend to go there now.

I did look at the handheld a few months ago, I think it was the earlier model though?
Must admit, I did consider whether having to hold the button down would bother me...ended up saying I would think about it.

I was also weighing up whether to update my barrel one to the animal pro due to its age now....but ended up just getting a new
floor attachment which is great for animal fur etc (and easy on the hip pocket) think my old girl still has a bit of life left in her hehe

Gave GG a call today to check on stock levels, so I may go and have another look on the weekend, hopefully they will have a charged demo to have another play with :)

This shopping thread is starting to be a bad place for me to visit....my eyes seek it out, then my fingers take over :D

Good to know Frozzie for when mine starts to fade away...I will also be looking at the animal pro for sure :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: April 30, 2013, 02:41:13 pm »

.....the bottle carrier was just too gorgeous  8)....gonna have to keep my eyes on it closely when out  ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:01:50 pm by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: April 30, 2013, 02:44:07 pm »
Oh, and I have been patiently waiting for her book to be released

.........EAT CAKE!

mcmich

« Reply #8343 on: April 30, 2013, 08:39:28 pm »
I will be interested to see what you think of the book and if the recipes are different to her blog?

I did say no more cook books, it's so hard to show restraint.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: April 30, 2013, 10:19:42 pm »
I will be interested to see what you think of the book and if the recipes are different to her blog?

It's not a full cookbook Michele, but a memoire.
There is a couple of recipes dotted through.
description here. http://www.notquitenigella.com/book/
I love her humour & writing style  :)
.........EAT CAKE!

mcmich

« Reply #8345 on: April 30, 2013, 10:31:49 pm »
Thanks Maddy. I love her style of writing too. Very handy that she's a Sydney girl and reviews the restaurants she eats at.
Might have a peek at the book store before I purchase.  :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: April 30, 2013, 10:37:32 pm »
I love that bubbly bag Maddie, I might have to see if I can get one.

I really enjoy reading Not Quite Nigella, will be interested to see what you think of her book.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: May 01, 2013, 12:09:32 am »
Girl power mine dyson was $447 at the good guys, we purchased a few things at the same time and the only thing they wouldn't reduce further was the dyson. Harvey Norman said their best price was $525!
Thanks Wonder :)
We always shopped at HN...but started to find the GG prices were more competitive, so tend to go there now.

I did look at the handheld a few months ago, I think it was the earlier model though?
Must admit, I did consider whether having to hold the button down would bother me...ended up saying I would think about it.

I was also weighing up whether to update my barrel one to the animal pro due to its age now....but ended up just getting a new
floor attachment which is great for animal fur etc (and easy on the hip pocket) think my old girl still has a bit of life left in her hehe

Gave GG a call today to check on stock levels, so I may go and have another look on the weekend, hopefully they will have a charged demo to have another play with :)

This shopping thread is starting to be a bad place for me to visit....my eyes seek it out, then my fingers take over :D

Good to know Frozzie for when mine starts to fade away...I will also be looking at the animal pro for sure :)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: May 01, 2013, 12:10:31 am »
Oops posted too early.

Girlpower the earlier model handheld Dyson is not as powerful I have been told.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8349 on: May 01, 2013, 04:35:27 am »
I have one of the earlier models and it's been the best thing ever 7+ years later and absolutely no complaints

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: May 01, 2013, 04:48:58 am »
I was told the suction was better and more powerful. Knowing Dyson products the older model was still obviously very good  :)

mcmich

« Reply #8351 on: May 01, 2013, 05:08:14 am »

It's not a full cookbook Michele, but a memoire.
There is a couple of recipes dotted through.
description here. http://www.notquitenigella.com/book/
I love her humour & writing style  :)

I had a look at the book today while shopping. Looks OK, will see if the library gets it in.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: May 01, 2013, 05:51:12 am »
I love my regular Dyson vacuum....it's about 8 years old too. The best part about it is because its cool/trendy/interesting DH enjoys using it  ;D

My shopping effort (so far...there are still many more hours in this day) for today is

Can't wait to make the milk tart :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: May 01, 2013, 07:40:20 am »
I have a dyson vacuum too.
Thinking of buying another bag
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: May 01, 2013, 07:45:26 am »
kids shoes, and DH is shopping for shoes for me.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url