Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521738 times)

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #5190 on: October 02, 2012, 10:56:09 am »
I interviewed her for my blog here -
http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com/2012/09/meet-annabel-langbein-author-of-simple-pleasures-her-19th-cookbook/

I also made her teriyaki sauce yesterday - it's great!

I purchased the new Annabel Langbein - Simple Pleasures from Big W.  I have really enjoyed her first book and this one is also filled with some interesting things.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: October 02, 2012, 11:19:45 am »
Thanks! I enjoyed reading that, Amanda.  I already have several of her books . .  and I'll be adding Simple Pleasures very soon.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: October 02, 2012, 12:29:11 pm »
Maddy, I'm missing seeing your latest buys!  ;)

:P I've been good....but tomorrow is another day  ;D
.........EAT CAKE!

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: October 02, 2012, 12:51:56 pm »
Took DH with me today to the shopping centre nearest us, something I don't usually do but at least that way I knew he was OK and the bonus was that I didn't have to rush like I usually do to get back home to him. We ended up having lunch there.

With some birthday money I bought 5 charms for a Pandora bracelet I received for my birthday, 2 pairs of Maseur sandals from the chemist, a little safe type thingy to fix to a wall outside & which will hold keys to the house (have no idea how to open it to put the keys in though as I'm doing what the instructions say but it isn't working :-)) and other odds and ends.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: October 02, 2012, 01:20:58 pm »
Maddy, I'm missing seeing your latest buys!  ;)

:P I've been good....but tomorrow is another day  ;D

That's the spirit!!!  ;D
Katie, Perth WA

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: October 02, 2012, 01:39:25 pm »
With some birthday money I bought a little safe type thingy to fix to a wall outside & which will hold keys to the house (have no idea how to open it to put the keys in though as I'm doing what the instructions say but it isn't working :-)) and other odds and ends.

We have one of those JD. It can only fit a couple of keys. I'm not sure if it's the same as yours but it can be quite hard to work out at first. Did you chose 4 separate numbers? WIth our one you can't repeat numbers.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:06:58 pm by judydawn »

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: October 02, 2012, 02:00:09 pm »
I may be able to help you with that JD. Do you have the one with a like a bicycle combination that you need to line up, or has it got a pin pad? Can you take a pic of it?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: October 02, 2012, 02:09:23 pm »
It has a pin pad and you have to use 5 - 7 numbers (I used 5) but no number can be repeated (I adhered to this).  There is no pin number preset in it so it just tells you to put your number in and if it was done correctly  ???, it would open for you to insert the keys.  It won't open >:(

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: October 02, 2012, 02:48:38 pm »
Press RESET, then put in your PIN number, and then slide the OPEN button down as you take off the cover. If you muck up, press reset and start again. Let  me know what happens...

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: October 02, 2012, 02:56:12 pm »
I've done all that heaps of times CP, the open button just will not slide down.  I think I have a dud  ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: October 02, 2012, 03:41:11 pm »
Usually there is a factory pin like 0000 or 1234 to start with? You may have a dud that wouldnt be out of the equationl. if you can't open it take it back and get them to show you how to program your pin and open it. Such a waste f time, but these lock boxes are fantastic and well worth having.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #5201 on: October 02, 2012, 08:12:41 pm »
I hope it's made better than the key locks they use here when a house is for sale. Several homes were burgled when a bolt cutter was used to remove the key safes and they were smashed open with a sledge hammer out of sight of the neighbors. 
The perps were teens who vandalized what they couldn't carry away. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #5202 on: October 02, 2012, 08:27:15 pm »
Grrr, I hate vandalism!

I've bought a few things of late, even though I'm meant to be not spending due to second house in Albany!

Had to buy a new vacuum cleaner as my old Dyson DC02 finally carked it. I bought a Miele . It's brilliant! I have mostly tiles with mats and it does a great job. It lifts the mats off the floor, the suction is so strong!

Also have bought a gorgeous Titan Chef's knife and a couple of Stoneline Frypans plus the wok for our Albany house.

Loved the snake story earlier in this thread! One very brave mum, those dugites are nasty.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

mcmich

« Reply #5203 on: October 02, 2012, 09:35:04 pm »
Took DH with me today to the shopping centre nearest us, something I don't usually do but at least that way I knew he was OK and the bonus was that I didn't have to rush like I usually do to get back home to him. We ended up having lunch there.

That would have been a nice day Judy. Shopping for jewellery and then lunch.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: October 03, 2012, 12:37:59 am »
It is a bit of a worry Andie but in our situation we definitely need to have a key outside somewhere although DH remembering the pin number to tell emergency workers is another matter ;)

Thanks CP, it looks as if that is my only course of action.

It was a nice, leisurely day Michele and DH got to people watch which he is good at.