Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521721 times)

jakodai

Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #4545 on: August 19, 2012, 06:30:57 am »
They look fantastic! I think they may be made using this. I remember looking into this years ago, but was put off by having to have a dedicated printer and not being able to use my current printer. I know it makes complete sense, but I was only 18 and it was a turn off... lol. It looks pretty good now, though. You can even buy pre-cut icing sheets for cup cake toppers.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: August 19, 2012, 10:27:35 am »
That sounds like me, Maddy. I have a 2 bedroom apartment, with a miniature kitchen, but I'm just creative. The wardrobes in the bedroom's are huge, so a lot of stuff is stored in there, especially my kitchen appliances. I had to get rid of a lot of stuff when I moved. My pantry is also very small, so I store a lot of my canned and packaged items and flour that I try to buy in bulk from Costco in my wardrobe as well. Clothes hang, and food & appliances are stored along the floor. It sounds horrible, but it's actually not too bad.And the flour is stored a large tin/drum type of thing, and I fill a smaller container that is kept in the kitchen as I need it. It's much cheaper than buying it by the kilo from the supermarket, and it's better quality.
Very creative thinking on where to keep your kitchen goodies jakodai ;) :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #4548 on: August 19, 2012, 12:18:09 pm »
Lol that is cute
I like this saying too

Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: August 19, 2012, 01:25:31 pm »
ROFL.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: August 19, 2012, 02:18:36 pm »
Funny, but so true.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4551 on: August 19, 2012, 03:15:15 pm »
Love it  ;D

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #4552 on: August 20, 2012, 04:46:29 am »
This is neat for your iPad.

http://www.petersofkensington.com.au/Public/Catalog/EntryInfo.aspx?ec=532277

Gert

Great minds much think alike, I just ordered one similar to that for mine - the one I got a couple of months ago just doesn't work for me.
I got this one  in blue denim.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: August 20, 2012, 06:27:47 am »
On the weekend I ordered a Kindle and a Nespresso capsule coffee machine - I know, I know - coffee afficionado's will cringe but I actually like the coffee, and like the no-fuss system. My espresso machine is about to die and I'm sick of cleaning it everytime I make a coffee. Used up all my loyalty points on my purchases so ended up only spending $50! Of course, then I had to go and buy a Kindle cover and some coffee capsules... and I have a growing wish list of books on Amazon just waiting for my Kindle to be delivered.... and I've just paid for our holiday in Malaysia... looks like it will have to be a very lean Xmas the way I'm going!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: August 20, 2012, 06:32:15 am »
Great buys  deedub.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: August 20, 2012, 06:47:58 am »
On the weekend I ordered a Kindle and a Nespresso capsule coffee machine - I know, I know - coffee afficionado's will cringe but I actually like the coffee, and like the no-fuss system. My espresso machine is about to die and I'm sick of cleaning it everytime I make a coffee. Used up all my loyalty points on my purchases so ended up only spending $50! Of course, then I had to go and buy a Kindle cover and some coffee capsules... and I have a growing wish list of books on Amazon just waiting for my Kindle to be delivered.... and I've just paid for our holiday in Malaysia... looks like it will have to be a very lean Xmas the way I'm going!

Deebub I applaud you. Well done. Great purchases. Something you want, is useful and you will use. Both will give you years of enjoyment.

Well done you.

Gert.

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4556 on: August 20, 2012, 08:00:48 am »
Good buys deedub  :D

I was unsure of how I would feel reading a electronic book but I actually love it. Great for traveling as I no longer have 3 or 4 kilos of books in my luggage and very lightweight to hold...... and of course you can take hundreds of books wherever you go. I bought DH one too and he is very happy with it.

I have a nespresso as well and love the variety of coffees available in the pods. Everyone one can choose their preference and have a decent cup of coffee very quickly without any hassles. I still enjoy freshly ground and brewed coffee but the nespresso is a great alternative.

You have been on a spending spree but who cares its so much fun  ;D ;D ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: August 20, 2012, 08:45:18 am »
Mama Fergie you are a lady similar to me.  They others day I actually went to the top of my ereader to turn the page. I decided then that I had fully accepted it. My DH loves it as the caravan is about 20 kg lighter when we go away.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4558 on: August 20, 2012, 09:06:13 am »
Exactly ;D

It's so lightweight especially when reading in bed as I usually do at night. Also such a space saver and it saves your last page read on each book. I also love the fact that you can have up to 6 devices linked to the same account so my DH can buy books that he likes and we can share books on both of our kindles which means we can both read the same book at the same time without paying for 2 copies. My DD has used my account to download books onto her ipad that she likes out of my 'library' so is a money saver as well!!!

I am a very happy electronic reader now and never thought I would get used to not having an actual book in my hands  :)

Also slips into handbag easily. Love, love love it!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: August 20, 2012, 09:10:06 am »
Exactly ;D

It's so lightweight especially when reading in bed as I usually do at night. Also such a space saver and it saves your last page read on each book. I also love the fact that you can have up to 6 devices linked to the same account so my DH can buy books that he likes and we can share books on both of our kindles which means we can both read the same book at the same time without paying for 2 copies. My DD has used my account to download books onto her ipad that she likes out of my 'library' so is a money saver as well!!!

I am a very happy electronic reader now and never thought I would get used to not having an actual book in my hands  :)

Also slips into handbag easily. Love, love love it!

Love it. Love it. Join the Ebook reader club.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.