Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521834 times)

stacelee

Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #3525 on: June 20, 2012, 08:54:42 pm »
Aebleskivers are a filled pancake that remind me of a pofferjte (sp?).  Wheel and Barrow have the pan and the book but I must admit I got the pan from amazon because I was getting some shirts for my son anyway ($8 on amazon, $50 in rebel sport....I don't think so!).

I hate to admit it, but my favorite jeans at the moment are a $15 pair from big w.  I'm suffering a major wardrobe crisis as I've lost a fair bit of weight so my old clothes dont fit and my old old old clothes are tooooooooop small.  I was buying my "larger" size clothes from woman within in America and using a freight forwarder.....they now ship direct to Australia (yay) so I might treat myself to some new size L (or maybe M) :) stuff for summer.  I buy their clearance items which are usually the right season for us and are extremely good value.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: June 20, 2012, 09:29:10 pm »
Jakodai, I have that book and it's good. My MIL bought me Low to No Additive cookbook and I love it. Has lots of everyday additive free recipes in it and a shopping list at the back for the ingredients, which are additive free.

I have been doing additive free for nearly 3 years now and it definitely is better for us all. PM me if you need any help.

I hate buying jeans..... I have a little waist but massive thighs. To get jeans to fit my thighs they are then too big in the waist.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: June 20, 2012, 09:38:10 pm »
Do you think you could make this danish recipe for aebleskivers in a Yorkshire pudding tin in the oven and turn over part way through?

http://www.karenblixen.com/aebleskiver.html

Comments welcome. With  *: no way I can buy anything else for kitchen!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: June 20, 2012, 11:41:50 pm »

btw, if I may ask that you all puleeze don't spend all your money at Pete's cuz I am preparing something new to appear in the Kitchen Kit shop some time in August. Though it's something quite small, that I use several times a day with my TMX, and it's inexpensive...  but you may just want to order up a whole lot of them    

(  waaaaaaa wish I could be at ForumFest too   )

I copied that bit from another thread. Helene at superkitchenmachine.com  has come up,with some wee goodie  to add  to her spatula and brushes . What could it  be? I think she should give us a wee hint instead of waiting until  AUGUST.  Not fair I say.  Bwwwwwwwwaaa.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #3529 on: June 21, 2012, 12:41:10 am »
I've done that...the free shipping bit and then wondered why I have....but it feels so good to think that you've saved money :), even when you haven't.

The aebleskiver pan is a glorified danish pancake pan that you make filled pancakes in :) and the pancake and cupcake pens are to save my kitchen from being covered in cake/pancake mix every time the feral fairy decides to make them.  I seem to get batter everywhere.  I threatened to stop her and her cousin from ever coming in my kitchen once when they decided we HAD to make marshmallow iced cupcakes....I don't think there was a surface including the fridge and the rangehood that they didin't coat in the icing.

Haha. Yep I was up to $93 and $11 postage so trawled around for something in the $10 range and then patted myself on the back for getting something for nothing - LOL. I'm great at enabling myself in shopping and rationalization is my true strong point!
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3530 on: June 21, 2012, 04:52:27 am »
I just picked up my new iPad, waiting for it to load all the apps etc. can't wait to play with it. :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: June 21, 2012, 06:06:33 am »
Just ordered spatulas & brushes from Helene, then ordered a case of wine to celebrate!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: June 21, 2012, 06:07:36 am »
I will be adding to this thread soon..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: June 21, 2012, 06:12:43 am »
Just ordered spatulas & brushes from Helene, then ordered a case of wine to celebrate!

That's the way.
I will be adding to this thread soon..

Oh o.

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

stacelee

« Reply #3534 on: June 21, 2012, 06:25:54 am »
I just received Aldi's email for next week.  I can see a trip there coming up....I want some more of their cast iron...I've been really happy with what I already have...they have nice looking copper saucepans as well, but I already have two commercial sets that I rarely use since Tom (TM31) moved in.

mcmich

« Reply #3535 on: June 21, 2012, 06:48:50 am »
You must have massive storage stacelee. I have a huge storeroom (tiny kitchen) but I don't think it could hold all your kitchen gear.

stacelee

« Reply #3536 on: June 21, 2012, 06:58:56 am »
Nope...I actually don't...I'm just good at fitting stuff in....I'm jealous of my mother who has a large kitchen and one entire wall of her garage that is proper cupboards.  I have told her that I don't want to inherit any of her "stuff".  She used to do a lot of entertaining and has some fantastic platters etc.  One of the catches of working in our industry is you have access to lots of kitchen related stuff...and it is hard to resist bringing it home.  We actually had one of the first microwaves in Brisbane many years ago because my father wanted to play with it....we also have had commercial juicers, blenders etc brought home.  One of our suppliers is now my favourite :) because he has promised I can play with a couple of his products for a few days in the future....unfortunately I will have to give them back.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: June 21, 2012, 07:05:24 am »
I did it, $112.00 including postage for baking dishes at POK....
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: June 21, 2012, 07:08:17 am »
DIdi ever say I love Peters?

Gert

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: June 21, 2012, 07:09:38 am »
I will tell DH when I receive them, he will need more car bits soon..

[/url