Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521410 times)

stacelee

Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #3300 on: June 08, 2012, 10:24:53 pm »
My fridge is on the way out, but I'm waiting for it to die complete before I get a new one.....luckily I have a backup really old NEC fridge that just keeps soldiering on.  My appliances are all reaching old age at the moment.  My tumble dryer needs a kick start to get it going but that's not a major problem as I now have access to my washing line again after 8 years.  My convection microwave has died which distressed me greatly as I use it all the time because my oven hates me.  I'm hopefully taking delivery (or picking up if I can't wait) a new Sharp AX1500JS supersteam microwave on Tuesday or Wednesday....so thats my happy happy joy joy purchase for the week.

I'm also sneaking out this morning to get my nails done....I just have to work out what bizarre colour to come home this time with to stress out Brat No. 1 who hates it when I come home with Blue Nails with White and Silver stripes (personally I think they look cool....I'm going to be sad to see them changed).   Maybe I'll go florescent orange ;P

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: June 08, 2012, 10:38:47 pm »
Lol over peeing puppies &  fridges. I was very confused reading that....
Must be past my bed time!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: June 08, 2012, 11:19:10 pm »
I bought a new fridge today. Not as exciting as a puppy though and a whole lot more expensive but it does not pee on the floor.

Gert

I've got an old one that has been banished to the garage because it does pee on the floor...  It has been set at a higher temp than regular fridges because it is used to store whole wheels of cheese, wine and other stuff that should not be stored at colder temps.

A few years ago I made a bad mistake  banishing a perfectly good usefull big fridge to the garage to use as my cold larder . Here in the tropics it is necessary to keep a lot of things in the fridge rather than the pantry. Anyway it was getting very worn and tired being white . Once the finish started to wear it grew mould all the time and needed washing off which made it worse over time. I got sick of looking at it so I bought a lovely stainless steel fridge second hand unseen which was the same size outside but turned out about 100 litres smaller on the inside.

I now had one useless but good looking fridge. Yesterday I decided to dispose of two and gain one big one thus is theory cutting down on electricity. I hope iris so.

I will,Tapatalk  a pic for you. Fisher and Paykel French door 614 litre with automatic ice maker in the freezer and  COLD water in the fridge door.  Now I am transferring the stuff from 2 into 1 so we will see  by the end of the day if I made the right decision this time.

Andi even  peeing fridges have their place. Good fridgie.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: June 08, 2012, 11:27:05 pm »
peeing fridges....  ;D
I have 3 big fridges.

One for beer / drinks
One in the kitchen/ basics
another in kitchen for fruit/ jams ect, leftovers.

About to  start cleaning, then cooking....
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: June 08, 2012, 11:38:25 pm »
Another weekend cooking obbie?

Apart from the three big ones , two of which are going I have one bar fridge under the bar and one poolside bar fridge which is very necessary otherwise I would have a trail of water from the pool  to the inside bar fridge. LOL

Ice drawer slide over the top of the freezer bin.

Old ones below.

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: June 08, 2012, 11:41:08 pm »
Stacelee I would love to know how you get on with that new steaming microwave. Never heard of it.

Inside of fridge.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: June 09, 2012, 01:03:59 am »
Looks good Gretchen.
i just cleaned one fridge with the lemon concentrate, looks good.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: June 09, 2012, 01:29:36 am »
Looks good Gretchen.
i just cleaned one fridge with the lemon concentrate, looks good.

I am glad it wasn't Lemoncello.

You and your lemons.

Gert

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: June 09, 2012, 01:53:04 am »
We have the same fridge Gert  8)  I love the room....fits lots, but this last week I have noticed a small pool of water coming out from underneath the freezer drawer  :-\. Happens every 2nd day it seems.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: June 09, 2012, 02:25:53 am »
We have the same fridge Gert  8)  I love the room....fits lots, but this last week I have noticed a small pool of water coming out from underneath the freezer drawer  :-\. Happens every 2nd day it seems.

Ooooooo. I wonder if the water is spilling out somehow from the ice thingy? But if it is not ice then I guess not.  I hate the freezer already. I am only going to buy square things no ducks or chickens. LOL!

I cannot fit my decore  square thing for puff pastry in yet. Will have to empty freezer by eating everything and rethinking what I buy. One reason I will have a no spend week.

Gert

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: June 09, 2012, 03:36:20 am »
Looks good Gert, nice fit too.  It takes some time to get used to new appliances, you will work out the freezer space in due course once you get the contents down a bit.  Maybe split the chickens before freezing them although you won't be able to do your famous beer ass roast chicken recipe.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: June 09, 2012, 03:48:32 am »
That is one good lookin' chook. Yeah I will figure it out. Loving the space in the fridge though.

Could have bought a Hotmix pro for the same price though

Gert

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: June 09, 2012, 03:49:55 am »
Gert & Maddy I have that one too, LOL

Now shopping,  mmmmmm went a little crazy in the sales

4 mre cookbooks, le creuset round dish with lid, great for paellas, oven top or stove meals, dd my lamb tagine in it yesterday. Scanpan roasting dish, 4 raco baking trays & odds & ends ;D

H :)

Love my ice maker :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: June 09, 2012, 03:56:02 am »
I'm jealous of your fridge light Gretch  :'( I think we have a light, but I can't see a thing as the fridge is so jam packed with stuff that should be in the pantry if it wasn't for the pantry moths.  Our fridge looks big but is a weener inside.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: June 09, 2012, 04:35:16 am »
I'm jealous of your fridge light Gretch  :'( I think we have a light, but I can't see a thing as the fridge is so jam packed with stuff that should be in the pantry if it wasn't for the pantry moths.  Our fridge looks big but is a weener inside.

The theory is that you put the things I the fridge or freezer for a short time to kill the moth eggs. That might work giving you more fridge space asi have done . We will soon see..

Gert