Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521286 times)

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #2895 on: May 15, 2012, 07:38:58 am »
I was wondering why they were so big.

I think it started three or four years ago when some famous bar began using them and people wrote abut it.

The trick is getting the ice perfectly clear and there has been reams written about that.

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: May 15, 2012, 07:46:43 am »
Wow all these things I didn't even know I needed, shouldn't come into this thread.

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: May 15, 2012, 07:54:17 am »
A Karcher window vacuum cleaner is my purchase of the week.I have never been a good window cleaner in the normal way but now my windows sparkle and there are  no smears. It's so quick too. I bought this from Amazon UK. I can highly recommend it as a fantastic and worthwhile buy.
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: May 15, 2012, 08:04:20 am »
Wow dot never heard of such a thing.
Does it do shower doors even in a lime scale zone?

I often thought if had spare cash would buy a robot vacuum. Anyone got one of these?
 But now have spent all my money on Thermy that won't be happening!
Now saving for second bowl!

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: May 15, 2012, 08:23:30 am »
it does not clean off limescale. You would have to do that first. You spray glass with washing up liquid or the Karcher more expensive liquid. Run a sponge over quickly and then vacuum . It leaves no smears at all and no drips either.
 My DIL has a robot vacuum and says it is useless. It is just as if you have swept the carpet with a soft brush and doesn't suck anything.  I have a robot grass lawn cutter. It knows where to stop because the lawn is wired. It goes in if it rains and gets to work according to the computer settings. It takes ages though as its passage is random and a bit noisy too. so I don't recommend it.
I do love gadgets and especially those that make short work of jobs I hate. I wish there was a robot oven cleaner as this is the job I hate most of all.
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: May 15, 2012, 08:27:56 am »
DroverJess I looked at robot vacuums a little while ago and it appears there are now some good ones out there but to get a really good clean you need to give a clean with a convential cleaner and then it needs to cleaned every day or every second day at the most with the robot.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: May 15, 2012, 08:38:18 am »
A Karcher window vacuum cleaner is my purchase of the week.I have never been a good window cleaner in the normal way but now my windows sparkle and there are  no smears. It's so quick too. I bought this from Amazon UK. I can highly recommend it as a fantastic and worthwhile buy.

:-)) must get one for frank  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: May 15, 2012, 08:52:21 am »
we have a robot vacuum, I wouldn't waste your money.  First of all you need to pick everything up off the floor, it gets confused with the furniture and constantly gets stuck and has a hissy fit, it's noisy, doesn't transition from the floorboards to the rugs.  Mine has stopped working and I need to send it back, it also use to stop because of the direct sunlight.

Again - don't waste your money.   More trouble than what it's worth.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: May 15, 2012, 09:13:06 am »
Wow all these things I didn't even know I needed, shouldn't come into this thread.

Stay away. Well away. I seem to get sucked in even though I delete  all the time.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: May 15, 2012, 09:15:55 am »
we have a robot vacuum, I wouldn't waste your money.  First of all you need to pick everything up off the floor, it gets confused with the furniture and constantly gets stuck and has a hissy fit, it's noisy, doesn't transition from the floorboards to the rugs.  Mine has stopped working and I need to send it back, it also use to stop because of the direct sunlight.

Again - don't waste your money.   More trouble than what it's worth.

Funny Vorwerk was one of the first companies to make a robot vacuum cleaner!

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: May 15, 2012, 12:35:37 pm »
Decadent Dot - now there's something I need - they're on ebay for $152AUD which is a lot but on my wishlist. Is that similar to what you paid?

And on that note, how do you clean a window if you can remove the flyscreen in front of it....believe many people have tried but it just won't come out.

Bonsai

« Reply #2906 on: May 15, 2012, 12:39:10 pm »
I have the same problem - fixed screens with a narrow gap between glass and screen - there must be a gadget but I've googled without success

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: May 15, 2012, 12:43:52 pm »
I can't believe I am asking this but DD is cooking a lot of stuff in the TMX and does not reduce the quantities for just the two them. She ls one to follow the recipes EXACTLY and is not confident enough to reduce the amounts. Consequently  she has lots of leftovers.

Question is  does anyone have any experience with pie makers ?

Gert

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2908 on: May 15, 2012, 12:54:50 pm »
Gert there is a whole topic on pie makers on the forum. Should get heaps of info from that. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: May 15, 2012, 01:14:57 pm »
Here's one such thread Gert.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.