Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521410 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #2565 on: April 20, 2012, 12:37:47 pm »
Yes we only stay in Nusa Dua. Its great nice & safe :)

Which hotel?

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: April 20, 2012, 03:25:35 pm »
Tasty we have been going since ours were really young. DD was only 8 months old for her first visit. We stay in Sanur which is really quiet too. I took up a cheap pram/stroller earch time and just left it there - don't have to pay for it to come home with all the shopping lol
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #2567 on: April 20, 2012, 06:10:19 pm »
You can but a bucketload of stainless steel scourers from the $2 shops , maybe ten on a card.  Or you can pay $1 for one bigger one at any grocery store. They are really cheap.

I don't shop like some people here though I did buy two chairs today.

Gert

If you can find a restaurant supply place that sells to the public (a popular store in the U.S. is Smart & Final) you can find jumbo-sized stainless steel scrubbers in a bag or "sleeve" - cheaper than the small ones in regular stores.  6 inches in diameter and 2 inches thick.
I don't use them in the kitchen but in the garden to scrub the mineral salts off planter pots - there are a lot of minerals in the water that build up after a season of watering. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: April 20, 2012, 09:30:09 pm »
I bought a new horse float yesterday. Loading up my boy and my friends boy this morning and we are off cutting for the weekend. Very excited to have my own wheels!

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: April 20, 2012, 09:36:47 pm »
In fact - so excited I've been awake since 3am  :o and have now decided it is ridiculous laying in bed and am up with a coffee and on here! Can't even go out and admire my new wheels as it's only 4.30am and still too dark!!!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: April 20, 2012, 09:39:26 pm »
In fact - so excited I've been awake since 3am  :o and have now decided it is ridiculous laying in bed and am up with a coffee and on here! Can't even go out and admire my new wheels as it's only 4.30am and still too dark!!!
You've got it bad if you are up that early Nikkit ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: April 20, 2012, 09:42:44 pm »
Nikkit which one did u get?
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: April 20, 2012, 09:48:49 pm »
Morning! Either you guys are in another time zone - or you can't sleep like me!!

I got a Millsy DizzyGirl. Local guy here in Perth. Imported, but had all the bits that I wanted (beds, water tank, plenty of storage room). And within the budget, so that was the deciding factor! Maiden 'voyage' nope...not enough water here for that...maiden trip today, so fingers crossed all goes well. My horse was not overly impressed when I loaded him last night for 'fun', so a bag of carrots may do the trick this morning. I hope!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: April 20, 2012, 09:52:44 pm »
Morning! Either you guys are in another time zone - or you can't sleep like me!!

I got a Millsy DizzyGirl. Local guy here in Perth. Imported, but had all the bits that I wanted (beds, water tank, plenty of storage room). And within the budget, so that was the deciding factor! Maiden 'voyage' nope...not enough water here for that...maiden trip today, so fingers crossed all goes well. My horse was not overly impressed when I loaded him last night for 'fun', so a bag of carrots may do the trick this morning. I hope!
It's still Friday evening here Nikkit ;) Have a good trip  :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: April 20, 2012, 09:57:22 pm »
Thanks CC, wish I could go back to bed and have another sleep - me thinks it will be a loooong day chasing cows today! At least the weather has cooled and will be low 20's instead of last time - mid 40's. That was yukky!!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: April 20, 2012, 10:03:17 pm »
author=andiesenji link=topic=6682.msg142416#msg142416 date
If you can find a restaurant supply place that sells to the public (a popular store in the U.S. is Smart & Final) you can find jumbo-sized stainless steel scrubbers in a bag or "sleeve" - cheaper than the small ones in regular stores.  6 inches in diameter and 2 inches thick.
I don't use them in the kitchen but in the garden to scrub the mineral salts off planter pots - there are a lot of minerals in the water that build up after a season of watering.  

Now that is a proper SCRUBBER. I am gunna have a look for that size. Thanks Andi.

Gert
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:59:41 pm by judydawn »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: April 20, 2012, 10:09:37 pm »
Nikkit, a horse float with beds?  Amazing to me. Must be huge?  Is is a trailer or  like an RV. Can you take a pic for us?  Wha this yourboy's name name? A photo of him would be great too.

Gretchen

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: April 20, 2012, 10:20:41 pm »
Nikkit is it a gooseneck? Our local guy (next to our shop) does custom made gooseneck floats and standard floats. Some are better than my house LOL. We sell PBL floats.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: April 20, 2012, 10:29:08 pm »
DizzyGirl - No gooseneck for me...not until I win lotto that is. (But I can dream can't I?) Then I'd need a truck to tow it with...and another horse...and the dream just gets a little out of control then! I looked at PBL's ... and dreamed a little more!!
Gretchen - the float is a 2 horse straight load, but the bays where the horses go are padded and they flip up to make a bed in each bay. Don't have any pics yet, but will take some next week when things settle down here again.
My horse is a 7 year old appaloosa, "Pip", my avatar is us down at the river one day last year. Spunky cheeky boy he is...love him to bits.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: April 20, 2012, 10:42:57 pm »
Oh nikkit your avatar  is so small on my iPad but when I spread my fingers and enlarged it I can now make out your beautiful horse by the water. Well you will be travelling well from now on.  How wonderful.

Gretchen