Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521456 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #2100 on: March 16, 2012, 11:38:02 am »
Bet you come away with something from the running store Dashingden ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: March 16, 2012, 07:21:03 pm »
I'm off to buy at least one new business shirt tomorrow and some new ties.  I bought a shirt the other week only to find that none of my ties really do it justice.  I knew of a menswear store in West Perth that is closing down.  I hope to get a bargain. Plus it is across the road from my favorite running store.  I don't really need anything from there but I will have a look anyway.

Love that  Dashingden.  I don't think they even sell ties in Cairns  and it is much too hot or  too wet to run here either though I do hear the Hash House Harriers run  past my house from time  to time on their way to the local pub.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: March 16, 2012, 11:24:58 pm »
I went to Tenina's cooking class yesterday, and bought her book FFS which I've been hanging out for, what a lovely book, couldn't put it down last night, also purchased some of the lovely vanilla bean paste..and a spatula from the Super Kitchen machine.  

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: March 16, 2012, 11:31:55 pm »
Aussie Brenda you are so lucky to have been to Teninia's class. Fantastic. You are going to love the spatula,and will want another for sure.

That is both the cooking class and a spatula. ;D

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: March 17, 2012, 05:41:36 am »
I bought three business shirts. All 100% cotton, one white, one white with blues and grey pinstripes and one purple (probably closer to mauve). I also bought a tie. It is not one I would have picked myself but the man in the shop advised me to try it and it looked good with all three shirts as well as one that I had bought at this shop a few weeks ago.

I only bought some Gu Chomps from the running store.  They are like jelly lollies but have electrolytes in them to replace what you loose while sweating.   

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: March 17, 2012, 05:52:07 am »
Oh Gert I did buy two spatula's with the intention of giving one to my SIL but the decision on this is still being decided.  The cooking class was a lot of fun, Tenina is a entertainer as well as a good cook I hope she gets up to Cairns for all you up there.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: March 17, 2012, 06:01:47 am »
Oh Gert I did buy two spatula's with the intention of giving one to my SIL but the decision on this is still being decided.  The cooking class was a lot of fun, Tenina is a entertainer as well as a good cook I hope she gets up to Cairns for all you up there.

That would be lovely. Be interesting to see how many consultants would show up. I say keep the Spatula. You will need it.

Gert

Offline thermo18

• View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: March 17, 2012, 06:13:45 am »
Today I went to the Mandurah Crab Fest and the Good Guys were selling Sunbeam 4 pie makers for $58 were $72 so i just had to get one lol just what I need for the cooler months, we had last night Beef Diane which I must say was lovely and now the left overs will be made into pies for tonight  ;D

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: March 17, 2012, 06:17:57 am »
And you can make a quick crust in the TMX. What a saving. LOL,

How was the crab?

Gert

Offline thermo18

• View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: March 17, 2012, 06:26:51 am »
Gertbysea lol I don't like crabs, but there was a lot of other foods to try  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: March 17, 2012, 07:14:58 am »
I've always thought about going down to the Crab fest. Perhaps next year. This year I'm trying to get everything done before we fly off to Singapore. Poor DH he has to mind the pets and the house. He flatly refuses to come with us.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 17, 2012, 10:22:40 am »
I bought a new baking tray for DD. She didn't own one I wanted to make some biscuits so Dad had to buy her a new baking tray.  I may have to buy her some new knives, I can't stand using her's.

I also ordered For Food's Sake from Tenina's website for me along with a copy of Dinner Spinner for DD. I am a really good Dad.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:27:33 am by Dashingden »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: March 17, 2012, 10:47:16 am »
It sounds like it. :D :D

DD earns about twice what I ever earned but I still love to buy her bits and pieces. That's what parents do and why they are loved.  Keep it up Dashingden. Good luck for your run.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2113 on: March 17, 2012, 10:51:06 am »
I bought a new baking tray for DD. She didn't own one I wanted to make some biscuits so Dad had to buy her a new baking tray.  I may have to buy her some new knives, I can't stand using her's.

I also ordered For Food's Sake from Tenina's website for me along with a copy of Dinner Spinner for DD. I am a really good Dad.

That you are Dashingden :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: March 17, 2012, 01:13:27 pm »
Sounds like your DD's are indeed lucky to have a generous and loving Dad Dashingden - keep it up but don't forget the DW too  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.