Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521122 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #1965 on: February 25, 2012, 09:52:43 am »
That'll be nice Hally, I think I'll name you 'Holiday Queen'  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: February 25, 2012, 09:59:38 am »
Poor Frozzie. You sound so bad. Gee  I hope you feel better soon. take it easy and get well soon. :(

Thx cc and thx dede...wouldnt be so bad if i had some time to rest.. But have a doc appt monday as when dh went to see her she asked how i was and in turn said she wanted me to come see er monday lol

However def no cooking its been breville sandwiches, steak frites, baguettes and bits and pieces however might get my act together and make some soup..better for everyone.. Also have to meet up with some girls next week who ave decided to help m organise yhis surprise 30th (dont know what i was thinking.. Well i di i wanted to do something special as no one else was getting off heir butts but hey ??!!)

I have a fav soup that is made with a whole chook cooked in a veg broth so basically makes a stock then you shred the chicken and add a few bts and pieces and a tiny bit of cream i think oh its ever so yum..and packed full of vegies..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: February 25, 2012, 10:11:48 am »
Meant to be saving, but as you posted this before I was told, I don't think it counts.

oohh thank you Maddy, been flat out the last 2 days will have a look.

i bought today 3 airline tickets to Hawaii, yes were going back in October, yay, yay. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

H :)

4 words.......Ala Moana Shopping Center.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: February 25, 2012, 10:18:38 am »
JD,just keeping aussie air crewe in jobs ;D

yes Gert, I love that place, fantastic shopping

h :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: February 25, 2012, 10:31:20 am »
When my daughter was getting married many years ago I needed to find some shoes in aubergine to match my outfit. Nothing in Australia so I  went Hawaii and in the Ala Moana Shopping Cente I found just the  ones. And then there are the REAL outlet shops. I still have a cotton jumper I bought for  $3  from TJ Max outlet  30 years ago.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: February 28, 2012, 07:46:12 am »
You really should wear it Gert. :D :D :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: February 28, 2012, 07:48:16 am »
DD bought herself the WW Retro cookbook on the weekend, so of course I could not be beaten and had to get one too.

This book lots great and I can't wait to make some of the things from it.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: February 28, 2012, 07:51:01 am »
A nice little find on eBay.....the one in front......and it will remind me of Denise  8)

.....loved the bottle....arrogant frog, lol...made in France....probably is horrid, but I will use the bottle for Lillie's.

.......what's another tea party book  :P

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: February 28, 2012, 07:57:24 am »
Here it is. It would have to be a VERY cold day in Cairns to get this out.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #1974 on: February 28, 2012, 08:34:10 am »
I do not often  look here as i see too many things I THINK I need. :-)) :-)) :-))  But I can't resist a nice recipe book.  had a voucher given to me for Christmas ,  for Readings.  I have already made 2 dishes from "Mr Wilkinson's favourite vegetables" and the other frightened the living daylights out of me as I read it.   You would think that the Trupp's book was written for people who have TMX  As well as whole food recipes it has sections on food additives, food labelling. and fats.  There is also a small item on microwaves as against steaming. Each recipe has a scale that lists gluten free, lactose free, vegetarian and vegan.  After reading the bread section I think we should be using more Spelt.  

The Wilkinson book I like because it has recipes for veggies and some fruits,  that we grow or can buy at the local farmers markets.
I have posted the recipe for the ,'Spinach, Mustard greens and baked Ricotta tart'.  And have posted the text for the Rose geranium stewed blueberries and Rice custard Pudding.on my Blog. Will take photo tomorrow and post on Forum.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:37:48 am by achookwoman »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: February 28, 2012, 08:46:50 am »
They sound like a good find Chookie, how long did you have to browse in Readings before you came across them.

Love the Cornish Cream jug maddy - wonder if CC has one of those herself.

Yours looks good too Cookie.  I have to tell myself not to go out looking at recipe books, poor DH willingly gave up all his bookshelf space for my recipe books as he doesn't read anymore.  It didn't take long to fill his space with books I had here, there and everywhere.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: February 28, 2012, 08:54:55 am »
I see what you mean Gretchen.

Maddy I saw that book and would love it, but I have enough already. Love the mugs too.

Chookie I love Readings. It is an amazing shop. We really have no decent bookshopos here now after Borders closing. We have Dymocks but they are fairly small and you can be in and out in no time. I like browsing for ages and ages. I love Kinokumionya (spelling) in Sydney and Singapore.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: February 28, 2012, 09:02:24 am »
Thanks Maddy, Just bought Jamies pie dish antipasto serving board on line from your link ;D

Love them
H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: February 28, 2012, 12:37:13 pm »
Just love your new jug Maddy with my name in it ;) ;) you will be thinking of me every time you use it :D :D :D :D
Everyone seems to be buying wonderful goodies  ;D ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: February 28, 2012, 01:16:04 pm »
Thanks Maddy, Just bought Jamies pie dish antipasto serving board on line from your link ;D

couldn't see the link  ??? would love to have a little bo peep...

Maddy glad you bought something for DH...finally! Can't clean the house with all those cakepop stands can he? Now he can finally go berserk outside leaving you to make your lovely cupcakes etc.

Gretch, love your jumper (and the price moreso) it must be so comfy after all these years, you must want a nice cold day to slip it on over your head  :D

As for cookbooks, unless they are specifically TM I will not be buying (thats the plan anyway). Look forward to seeing the conversions though now that we have got copyright laws down pat  ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand