Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6114141 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #27780 on: March 07, 2024, 08:25:10 pm »
3 days of 36. I’m looking after Teddy the Bulldog. He is named after a bulldog footy star. He is big and fat and doesn’t eat much.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27781 on: March 07, 2024, 09:46:25 pm »
Love the description Chookie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #27782 on: March 08, 2024, 08:09:47 am »
I had my hair cut today and then a visitor for afternoon tea.  My visitor brought silverbeet and rhubarb so I gave her tomatoes, onions & tomato relish.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27783 on: March 08, 2024, 08:10:49 am »
A good trade Margaret.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27784 on: March 08, 2024, 04:19:54 pm »
Been quite an intense few days ! Now I cannot sleep . Very concerned about the weekend weather. Three days of 38-40 with a huge music festival behind us ! DD dropped friends off and collected her work stuff for the next few days !! DH said only way to get her out if a fire starts is to drive through paddocks and cut the fences ! Only problem is the have a huge cyclone fence around the festival! Crazy is the only word for it .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27785 on: March 08, 2024, 07:39:33 pm »
Mab, love your swaps. My friend and I call this country currency.
KAtie I understand your concern.
I’m having to cover my small seedlings with wet towels. They have survived so far. I tried using a large umbrella but the wind kept shifting it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27786 on: March 09, 2024, 05:27:14 am »
It’s just got to 40 . DD left to work at the festival this afternoon till midnight. The music is not starting till 6pm now . It will be ok but alot of mixed info going around.
My week was nuts but I managed to have my foot looked at again , need an ultrasound now incase there is something in there . Had a crown done , our dentist is amazing and although I hate drilling he always makes me relax . Anyway I thought all good . Until I went to pay for something and my credit card was not there. I went to my car opened the passenger dooor … called up the last place I used it not there but at the same time I shut the passenger dooor and it locked !! Seriously it has never done that , I’m holding my phone and both sets of keys are in my handbag inside the car ! It’s mid 30s temp , I lost it . Pulled myself together with the kindness of a very lovely lady . Short version, 1 hour later road side assist came , he was young and said never had a problem opening up car . Rather scary ( now know how to break into my car ) had so many calls re credit card and what options where . Yet again thankful that it was easy to get open . Searched for my credit card , it was in an internal pocket . Rang back people re the card . Packed up and headed home ! Now I was slightly stressed, I missed an exit and ended up .. I have no idea except I was no where I was meant to be . It took about an hour to get back on the correct road . No one in my family is going to know about this as I might be packed off to camp . So long long trip home .
DD got home very late as they went into the festival and enjoyed. Today I helped DH move sheep across the road .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27787 on: March 09, 2024, 05:47:52 am »
KAtie that sounds so stressful.
Stay cool everyone the hot weather is awful. WE have a maximum of 27 today, beautiful.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27788 on: March 09, 2024, 08:18:46 am »
What can go wrong did K Atie, I completely understand your stress levels with this one.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27789 on: March 09, 2024, 07:49:59 pm »
KAtie, the heat didn’t help. Stay home if you can.
Neighbours invited me to go to Begonia Festival with them. I declined as too hot for me. I’m watering twice a day.
A/C working well.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27790 on: March 09, 2024, 09:36:01 pm »
It’s going to be a very hot day again . Moved all hoses watering the trees . Hoses on all the fruit trees . Last night DH put up flapping owl from Bunnings ! Hoping that it will scare the lorikeets . DD did her first late shift at Pitch festival . Waiting to hear all about the Glamping tent people that she was to support !! Stay cool today .
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 06:55:40 am by K Atie »

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27791 on: March 09, 2024, 09:46:11 pm »
What a stressful day you had, K Atie.  You must have been really wound up to have missed your turnoff to home.

Take care in this weather, everyone.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27792 on: March 10, 2024, 07:02:14 am »
Marina I was and how silly of me .
Today is just as hot , not much energy . I washed my baby feather pillows ( I’ve had these forever , one was mums ) it exploded in the washing machine ! Rescued a lot of feathers and vacuumed the bowl of washing machine afterwards . Oh well a job to dry them in a stocking bag . How I’m going to get them into the pillowcase without flying everywhere is laughable. Luck better be on my side very quickly .
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 07:04:10 am by K Atie »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27793 on: March 10, 2024, 11:09:09 pm »
Hot again. Up early and watered garden. Picked enough salad for lunch.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27794 on: March 11, 2024, 03:26:05 am »
Chookie the only way I have been able to beat the heat has been to get up early water and f do o outdoor jobs early . Lorikeets are now under the pear tree eating rotten pears ( that they ate and dropped! ) . DD is out working again at the music festival as people still there , so need help with all leaving . Last night DD was home after midnight and was telling me how she ended up walking out the friends of the young man that had passed . Poor kids . I debriefed with DD as I felt it was important to let her talk even though she was fine . The most important part is that everyone is looked after ( staff food water all there and they responsibly leave .