Author Topic: What type of pressure cooker would you recommend?  (Read 18939 times)

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
Re: What type of pressure cooker would you recommend?
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2012, 07:14:23 am »
I have just bought a new pressure cooker. I have had a pressure cooker since Methusala was a kid!

This time I chose a smaller one of 4.5ltr. It is a WMF pressure cooker.  Because there is only one of me at home,  had thought to get the 2.5 ltr but then wondered if I would be sorry when guests came or I cooked more quantity for the freezer. It goes up in size to 8 ltr.

I am very pleased with it. Unlike my previous Prestige one, it comes to pressure very quickly and does not do the loud hissing thing. There are no weights to add to the lid, you just count the rings which rise up to show you where you are with the pressure. It stays at pressure with the very smallest amount of heat from the cooker. It is great for washing too as the handle comes off in a unique way. It feels good quality as you would expect from German engineered steel.

I don't know if you can get it in Oz but If you do, then it gets my vote.
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2012, 01:13:02 pm »
CP just relayed the price after noticing the 'special' while on their site over wk end - sadly, I didn't get that price as I have had mine a while  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2012, 12:36:59 am »
DizzyGirl- I have the 6 L cuisinart one and absolutely love it. Good size for our family of four with intermittent teenage drop-ins but probably not big enough if you have a very large family. I always have enough left over to freeze for another meal. I think I bought mine from Everten Online for $159 three years ago so if you've seen it for $150 then that's a great price. Having come fom a background of using stovetop and electric pressure cookers, at the moment I only use my electric one and can't fault it.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein