Author Topic: Bogans  (Read 12191 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bogans
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 08:45:18 am »
CP I was thrilled to read that your DH is a bogan. So is mine. He is dreadful. Stubbies and thongs and old work shirts. As it was cold this morning he actually put on a checked flannel shirt. He wears thongs to the shops or if I'm with him he will put on crappy, horrid sneakers.
I buy him some nice shirts so he fixes someones car in them and they get stained. His thongs are worn out and he looks like an op shop reject. But I do love him.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

stacelee

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 08:51:05 am »
You have to love them....my husband is actually quite well dressed but only because he refuses to go clothes shopping and wears what I bring home....but he is SOOOOOOOOO square with what he will wear.  I've lost count of the number of things that I've had to return because they are toooooo trendy for him.  He did discover Rivers a couple of years ago and will occasionally go there with me.  Luckily my son is the same size and he has started inheriting some of his father's rejects but is just as fussy with shoes.  They both seem to feel that one pair of black leather shoes and one pair of "runners" is all that you need.  My husband has been wearing exactly the same "model" runner for the last 15 odd years....I don't know what I will do if they ever discontinue it.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 11:28:35 am »
has to share  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2012, 02:11:52 pm »
Wow, a few locals on this topic, we're at Eight Mile Plains so all very close.  I just did a Super Butcher shop last week.  Took my 3 yo in his snow jacket and he was still freezing. Super Butcher's great hey ! I got heaps of the $4.99 wagu mince last week, plus the eye fillet deal and a few other things.  I'm thinking of going to the Waterford store for the diced wagu chuck steak.  One of our favourites from there is the spicy chicken tenderloins (kfc style), kids love them and they're sooooooo quick especially when my husband's on night shift ! We have them on wraps with salad.   

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2012, 06:18:02 pm »
when i go to bali and they say where are you from i say Viva Italia ;D

OMG i have never seen so many Bogans in one place b4 

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

stacelee

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2012, 09:31:57 pm »
My mother rarely admits that she comes from Australia if we ever travel together....she still travels on an English passport even tho she has been here for nearly 50 years.  I have a fairly neutral accent so people usually can't pick where I'm from.  I dont mind admitting I'm Australian :)...but I never say I live in Logan...its always Brisbane or Springwood...but that is more because I don't really think of Logan as a city not because I'm ashamed of it.  In actual fact I like it better, they have made a big effort to beautify the streets in our area and I live near a koala park and an environmental park so lots of trees and bush and we have great libraries.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2012, 01:05:06 am »
I say we live in the Mulga, 10 minutes to town.

Off the highway its quiet,  narrow roads, no lights or marking on the road. delivery trucks wont drive to us at home, as we are 5 klms off the highway.  Gotta love the country..

very peacefull, and relaxing, and the view....
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2012, 10:28:49 am »
I say we live in the Mulga, 10 minutes to town.

Off the highway its quiet,  narrow roads, no lights or marking on the road. delivery trucks wont drive to us at home, as we are 5 klms off the highway.  Gotta love the country..

very peacefull, and relaxing, and the view....

Don't you love that...same here....no lights, markings on the road, transport (stand on a piece of road wide enough for the bus to pull over and stick out your hand), no sewerage (we are on enviro system).

A bit over it, next house I want a few mod cons.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2012, 10:42:34 am »
You have to love them....my husband is actually quite well dressed but only because he refuses to go clothes shopping and wears what I bring home....but he is SOOOOOOOOO square with what he will wear.  I've lost count of the number of things that I've had to return because they are toooooo trendy for him.  He did discover Rivers a couple of years ago and will occasionally go there with me.  Luckily my son is the same size and he has started inheriting some of his father's rejects but is just as fussy with shoes.  They both seem to feel that one pair of black leather shoes and one pair of "runners" is all that you need.  My husband has been wearing exactly the same "model" runner for the last 15 odd years....I don't know what I will do if they ever discontinue it.

What is it with men and Rivers? My DH loves that shop too!  :)
:D