Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521473 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #15015 on: September 05, 2016, 06:32:02 am »
One of their washing machines are known for causing home fires here. I think with this and the Galaxy 7 he will certainly harm their reputation.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15016 on: September 08, 2016, 12:29:15 am »
Yesterday, I finally, finally made the decision and bought a new dishwasher.  It is a freestanding Meile.  Now all I have to do is the hard part of sorting out the logistics of arranging delivery to our home in Guildford at the same time / on the same day as the installers (who will also take my crummy old dishwasher away) and for me to be there as well ... piece of cake!!!  :P
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15017 on: September 08, 2016, 02:11:28 am »
I do love the 'piece of cake' comment Marina. I can only imagine the organisational feat that will be.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #15018 on: September 08, 2016, 03:23:08 am »
Marina, Good Luck. I know what you mean. We are having Satellite NBN fitted at Cherokee and have been warned that even though we will have an appointment time and day, they may not make it. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15019 on: September 08, 2016, 04:26:48 am »
Expect problems Chookie, they may not make that appointment, the next or the next according to the experience a friend had here.  More difficult for you with the travel time involved.

Enjoy your new dishwasher Marina, I hope the appointment runs to schedule.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: September 08, 2016, 04:54:25 am »
Have you ever thought that we have to await our supplier's wishes when it comes to service / times, etc., instead of the other way around?  There was a time when you would be given an appointment and that was it the people would turn up as arranged ... now it is invariably they dictate the terms, and even then you cannot rely on the supplier arriving.

I was recently chatting to a rather well known TV personality who does a 5 minute (usually political) satire  just before the news on ABC TV on Thursdays who was totally peeved (a nice polite word that!) at a national telecommunications company who had not turned up for the third appointment in a row.  With this guy I would be too scared to stand him up in case I ended up as subject matter on one of his programmes  ;D

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: September 08, 2016, 06:23:57 am »
Good luck with your appointments girls. So very frustrating.
I know with services provided in the home we don't get a choice of time, but whenever I make an appointment outside home, ie Doctors, dentists,hairdressers,podiatrist etc, I try to make it far enough in advance so I can get 1st appointment of the day. I'm a very patient person with most things, but having to wait a  for a booked appointment is annoying.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: September 08, 2016, 09:40:07 am »
Good luck with your appointments girls. So very frustrating.
I know with services provided in the home we don't get a choice of time, but whenever I make an appointment outside home, ie Doctors, dentists,hairdressers,podiatrist etc, I try to make it far enough in advance so I can get 1st appointment of the day. I'm a very patient person with most things, but having to wait a  for a booked appointment is annoying.
Yes, I always try to get the first appointment for the day as well ... even then the doctor, hairdresser or whomever still manages to be late!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15023 on: September 08, 2016, 12:26:10 pm »
I must agree with all the appointment points. I always make my hair appointment for 9am. I'm always there by then, but usually have to wait for my hairdresser to arrive for work! 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #15024 on: September 09, 2016, 03:01:25 am »
When we had the NBN put on at Invermay, they arrived on time and only took about 1/2 an hour.
So far the company handling Cherokee have been very efficient.  We already have our user name and password and the appointment is 18 days away.
The only problem we have had is of our own making. We have arranged to have 2 GC to stay for that week. They will be delighted as they haven't decided which place they like best. I think Invermay will win out as the chooks and fish are there. However they do like to inspect the Wombat holes.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15025 on: September 09, 2016, 06:27:36 am »
I had to chuckle at the GC comments Chookie.
I bought a container to put my EVOO in this morning. It is only 500ml but will be fine. I've had DH refilling oil bottles and I am sick of that. I buy the EVOO 3 litres at a time.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #15026 on: September 09, 2016, 11:11:45 pm »
I Buy my EVOO in 3 litre cans too Cookie, well everything I can in bulk. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #15027 on: September 11, 2016, 11:58:30 am »
Glad you found a dishwasher Marina.
Purchased a soda stream this morning, well actually 2. Went to The Good Guys and bought the middle range one for $119 that only came with 1 bottle. Went to Target and they had a bundle of the same machine with 3 bottles for the same price. I said to DH lets get this one and return the first one. When I got to the counter it was only $65. We hot footed it back to The Good Guys to return our original purchase.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: September 11, 2016, 08:45:52 pm »
Blimey Michele the Target machine was so much cheaper no wonder you returned the Good Guys purchase.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15029 on: September 11, 2016, 09:11:15 pm »
Good buy, Michelle.  At first I couldn't figure out why you would want two soda streams but quickly read on and figured it all out.