Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521692 times)

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13260 on: January 03, 2015, 09:18:57 am »
Katies have had some really big savings with their sales.  :D
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13261 on: January 04, 2015, 07:43:43 am »
Just saw this .... The very latest fashion for the motoring enthusiast!! There has been a day or two when I could have done with a pair! ;)

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: January 04, 2015, 07:59:24 am »
Hehe, I'm sure the sun would'nt penetrate those oven gloves , assuming that is the reason for wearing them.  I have some in a drawer that never get used..I always just grab a tea towel, bad habit I know! :)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #13263 on: January 04, 2015, 10:40:46 am »
I do the same Katj and that's how my tea towels get stained,

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: January 04, 2015, 11:01:39 am »
It could be because the steering wheel is too hot to touch too. That has happened to me a few times. It's awful, you have to drive with your fingertips until it cools down.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: January 04, 2015, 08:49:44 pm »
Haha, love those driving mitts. I prefer the long oven mitts with a pocket at each end, so just as well I am not in Aus as I don't think that would be the best for driving ;)

I just had to bite the bullet and order a new kobo. I have been planning to for a while and got given some money towards it for my birthday last week, and then today picked up my kobo to find a section of the screen has stopped working! I am a bit annoyed as DS was going to inherit that one when I upgraded. I might have to go and get a real book from the library to keep me going!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: January 05, 2015, 02:41:39 am »
A new cookbook has arrived in my PO Box today. We don't follow a Paleo diet - and with DHs nut allergy I don't know that we could. (Actually my opinion on the Paleo diet are probably best kept to myself!).

But last year I saw on this ladies Facebook page (Paleo-Thermie) she was raising funds to self publish a cookbook. Donations over a certain level would receive a copy of the cookbook once published. I have nothing but admiration for anyone who has an idea, or a dream and who gets off their backside and makes it happen. She wanted to publish a cookbook and she did, good on her I say! And I always love a new cook book!

First glance it looks like a nice book, with lots of healthy recipes. Not all have nuts either, so I'll definitely cook something from the book soon.

Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: January 05, 2015, 02:44:01 am »
A win for everyone with that deal Katie, well done. :)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: January 05, 2015, 02:44:31 am »
I would imagine that publishing a cookbook, or any book, takes a lot of determination. Good on you Katie and she has kept her word in supplying you with a copy. A win/win situation.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: January 05, 2015, 06:43:30 am »
Good to have a Paleo/thermomix cookbook. I love my lentils etc. but things can always be adjusted.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: January 05, 2015, 07:16:21 am »
We had to make an unexpected purchase of a new freezer today, since the old one (which was stuffed full of food) suddenly died.
After comparing a few stores, there was only one that would deliver same-day, and they had the new freezer here within 3 hours, and they took away the old one too for an extra $15.  Great service, but still, I could have done without spending that much money unplanned.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: January 05, 2015, 07:20:19 am »
What a bummer Karen but if a fridge or freezer is going to die, it's usually during a hot period.  Were you able to save the food with such a quick turnover?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: January 05, 2015, 07:25:05 am »
Sounds like you were fortunate to notice in time Karen. Would have been awful if you were away like Jo
We aren't paleo Katie but I enjoy some of the new food ways , Cauli rice and zucchini pasta to name a couple.
Good on you for supporting her dream.
Denise

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: January 05, 2015, 07:28:56 am »
What a bummer Karen but if a fridge or freezer is going to die, it's usually during a hot period.  Were you able to save the food with such a quick turnover?

We really only noticed so fast because the freezer is kept in the shed, and when it died, it tripped the safety switch and the roller doors to the shed wouldn't open.  DH couldn't work out what kept tripping the safety switch, and then worked out it was the freezer.  We saved almost everything, except some fish that had defrosted and I didn't want to take the risk.  I had some pesto and some tikka masala curry paste that had softened quite a bit, but I refroze that, thinking that it wouldn't be too risky.  Good luck to any germs that want to grow in that curry paste  ;D ;D
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: January 05, 2015, 07:29:58 am »
The cookbook looks interseting Katie.Like you I admire people who fulfill their dreams.

Good catch on the freezer Karen.I hope you didn't loose too much food on the change over.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.