Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521673 times)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9720 on: August 11, 2013, 04:13:36 am »
Bedlam there are only the three of us looking forward to washing all the king size sheets together it gets delivered on Tuesday.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: August 13, 2013, 01:37:42 am »
Where did you buy that cake pop stand maddy?  I could get DD one of those.

My anal obsession with purpose made stands led me to fishpond
http://www.fishpond.com.au/Kitchen/Nordic-Ware-Cake-pop-kit-Cake-pop-pan-for-12-pops-24-sticks-EZ-Deco-pen-set-decorator-frosting-bag-Recipe-Booklet-and-3-tiered-display-stand-with-domoe-lid/9999038478342
unfortunately it came in a hole kit package, so it bumped the price.....yet Amazon sold the stand alone, but only through an alternate seller, with expedited shipping....at $189  :-) :o :o :o
let me see what's it like, and tell you If it's worth it  ;)

I picked up this icecream book

I really like it.....and there's lots of extra recipes for sauces, cones & other things
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: August 13, 2013, 04:58:13 am »
I too bought an Aldi yogurt maker. I made yogurt using the EDC recipe but increased the milk to 1200ml. I used an organic plain yogurt as my starter and used the Scenic Rim milk from my local butcher. The result was the best, creamiest yogurt I have ever made. I can't get enough of it with Tenina's graneusli and berry lime coulis. I think the yogurt sets better because it is easier for the warmth to penetrate around the little pots. Love it.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: August 13, 2013, 07:00:08 am »
I too bought an Aldi yogurt maker. I made yogurt using the EDC recipe but increased the milk to 1200ml. I used an organic plain yogurt as my starter and used the Scenic Rim milk from my local butcher. The result was the best, creamiest yogurt I have ever made. I can't get enough of it with Tenina's graneusli and berry lime coulis. I think the yogurt sets better because it is easier for the warmth to penetrate around the little pots. Love it.

Thanks for the notes Brumington. I made the yoghurt too, just using the recipe in the aldi booklet...not delighted with it (not too bad though), I'll try the EDC recipe with your tweaks and see how I go.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: August 13, 2013, 07:11:45 am »

Thanks for the notes Brumington. I made the yoghurt too, just using the recipe in the aldi booklet...not delighted with it (not too bad though), I'll try the EDC recipe with your tweaks and see how I go.

I always cook it in speed 3 to avoid the milk catching on the bottom.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: August 13, 2013, 11:23:34 am »
Karen if wonder doesnt find the aldi yoghurt maker i can have a look here.. Will be heading that way tomorrow.. If i see one ill grab it anyway.. I could always hang onto it if wonder manages to get one.. :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: August 13, 2013, 11:46:46 am »
Thanks so much for the offer Kim - but Wonder got me a yoghurt maker and brought it to Chookies on Sunday.  I used it for the first time last night - and it was fantastic!  I used "faffa's best yoghurt recipe" method in the TMX, and just poured it into the jars for the yoghurt maker rather than into the thermoserver.  Then I set it going for 10 hours, and it is just beautiful.

I had made yoghurt previously in the thermoserver, but it was pretty hit and miss whether it worked or not, and I got sick of having to use up the milk from the failed batches, and of not having yoghurt when we needed it.  I think that for $15 the aldi yoghurt maker is a winner.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: August 13, 2013, 11:48:15 am »
Forgot to mention I also picked up an Aldi yoghurt maker, after stumbling across this blog for lactose free yoghurt (made in the aldi maker)
http://recipegeek.com.au/blog/2012/09/08/lactose-free-yoghurt-lumina-yoghurt-maker/
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: August 13, 2013, 12:33:22 pm »
Oh glad you got it karen.. For some reason inmy head i thought she was talking about the ADL weekend.. Need to go to bed lol....

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: August 13, 2013, 12:49:51 pm »
Maddy, thats the blog that made me want to buy the yoghurt maker. I only ever use either Liddells or Aldi lactose free milk for yoghurt as DD has a reaction to milk and yoghurt but can tolerate the lactose free ones. She prefers the yoghurt made with lactose free milk to any other yoghurt. i think its a bit sweeter than when made with standard milk but makes great greek yoghurt once strained. i havent used my yoghurt maker yet as i had just made a big batch but have used the jars a few times as they are the perfect size for my work afternoon tea.

the blog also has a link to coconut yoghurt which im going to try.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9730 on: August 14, 2013, 10:06:33 am »
Um. Today they had a Dutch Pancake Maker. Yes.  I bought one.

Still deciding on the Cake Pop Maker. $17. Thoughts shopping friends???
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: August 14, 2013, 12:25:50 pm »
Went and had a look today... No yoghurt maker they had all gone... I have a very expensive one but wanted to see what the aldi one was like.. Lots of pop cake makers though !!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: August 15, 2013, 02:17:47 am »
Downloaded Alyce's new book - I like it! Lots of lovely recipes that I will definitely use
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: August 15, 2013, 02:44:50 am »
I didn' realise that was available yet, might have to have a look tonight although I really don't use cook books much these days.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: August 15, 2013, 05:59:01 am »
Wow you've all been busy on here!
 DH just bought a very secondhand ride on lawnmower.