Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521198 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9495 on: July 17, 2013, 08:05:32 am »
BZB you will be busy now!

Brumington I love those bags. Jo what are you like at scoring goals?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #9496 on: July 17, 2013, 08:20:55 am »
Oh I am a secret NBA star, Cookie! Of course, it's only set at about 2m high, so maybe not  ;)
We already have a b/ball hoop attached to garage at the adult regulation 3.05m height, but DS hasn't got a hope of getting it in there. Now he can actually practice and feel he's getting somewhere  8)
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9497 on: July 17, 2013, 10:19:31 am »

my neighbour swears by it....will give it a go....couldn't be any worse than a roller!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9498 on: July 17, 2013, 12:02:37 pm »

my neighbour swears by it....will give it a go....couldn't be any worse than a roller!

I'm about to do some painting too (my whole house :o)  so I'm interested to hear how they go... My dad used to use something similar for edges but I found he sometimes made stripes with them... I think it was human error though!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #9499 on: July 17, 2013, 09:59:23 pm »
Brummington love the bags can you find prices for them?

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #9500 on: July 17, 2013, 10:08:16 pm »
Brummington love the bags can you find prices for them?

This is where I bought them from. If you choose your size from the drop down menu the price is displayed in the blue box underneath.  Freight is free.

https://www.hardtofind.com.au/8520_uashmama-black-paper-washable-bag

I paid $34 for a large.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: July 17, 2013, 10:38:07 pm »
Thanks Brummington  :)

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: July 17, 2013, 11:34:51 pm »
Hi  Brummington,
The bags look gorgeous - but I am a little confused as to what they are used for.  Do you use them to actually store the bread in (like a bread bin), or are they more a way of displaying / serving the bread at the table when you are ready to eat it?

At the moment, I just store my homemade bread in a plastic bag on the kitchen bench.  Doesnt look glamorous, but stops it drying out.  If these bags are good for actually storing the bread in, then I am very interested!

Karen in Adelaide

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: July 17, 2013, 11:46:18 pm »
Thanks Brumington. I was thinking over the weekend I might have a look at some of the shops listed on their stockists page but that website looks great.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: July 18, 2013, 12:06:17 am »
Hi  Brummington,
The bags look gorgeous - but I am a little confused as to what they are used for.  Do you use them to actually store the bread in (like a bread bin), or are they more a way of displaying / serving the bread at the table when you are ready to eat it?

At the moment, I just store my homemade bread in a plastic bag on the kitchen bench.  Doesnt look glamorous, but stops it drying out.  If these bags are good for actually storing the bread in, then I am very interested!

I like the look of the bags. Karen if I stored my bread in a plastic bag it would be mouldy in a day here. I use a microfiber cleaning cloth and it is good for about  5 days if the bread lasts that long. The crap wettish bread from the stores last only a day here and I have to keep it in the fridge where it grows dry and nasty so the bags seem a good solution.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: July 18, 2013, 12:20:05 am »
Just had to have it so bought it. ought a new handbag from Peters too. I am not looking at this thread again!

Gert

Oh wait I said that a few weeks ago.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: July 18, 2013, 12:25:28 am »

My dad swears by this too! I will be very interested in your thoughts too Maddy as the new house needs some paining done ... I don't much like the colour scheme but it is liveable.  Moving day is tomorrow  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: July 18, 2013, 12:57:15 am »
Karen I'm thinking more as a decorative touch. I make the Parmesan bread sticks a lot for visitors and always looking for something to stand them in and the smaller of these bags look like they would be perfect.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: July 18, 2013, 03:01:34 am »
Love the look of the washable bags for bread..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #9509 on: July 18, 2013, 06:53:49 am »
Just received the August/September Donna Hay Magazine. This is the last of my subscription.
I was very excited when I opened it - a thicker, heavier duty cardboard cover.

I'm now up to pg 47.
33 of those are advertisement pages.
6 are the editor's letter, Donna's list of needs and wants (which I love) and contents pages.
8 pages of recipes.

Will see what the rest of the magazine brings but am seriously considering whether or not to renew my subscription.  :-\