Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521528 times)

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9450 on: July 11, 2013, 09:52:47 am »
Drink it Gert. My DD is a bit of a tea fanatic. I would have bought probably 3 or 4 of them.

Stacelee I don't feel so bad now.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

stacelee

« Reply #9451 on: July 11, 2013, 11:59:00 am »
Gert,

I've invested in a lot of T2's tins and their magnet labels to go on the front.  The tins seem to keep the tea very fresh for a long time, not that most of our teas last very long.  The only ones that don't get drunk very fast here are the fruit flavoured ones that are really better chilled.  We only seem to drink them over summer.

I justify my tea collection by the fact that noone would query me having 3 dozen bottles of wine sitting around and it is a lot healthier to have three cups of tea a day then three glasses of wine and a box of tea is about the same price or cheaper than a decent bottle of wine (I've even converted my husband to my way of thinking).  My waistline is definately thanking me for giving up the wine.  I'm now eyeing off the "bling" coasters that T2 have on their website.  My son wants some coasters for his bedroom so I might just have to give him my boring cork ones and buy some blue bling ones for my daughter and I.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: July 11, 2013, 12:31:22 pm »
Those coasters are adorable, and also very expensive  :-)) I had my eye on some Japanese silk ones
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: July 13, 2013, 09:14:48 am »
After making CP's bread with the bulgur in I just had to have a look at the book it came from. It looked amazing. I then realised I still had a voucher from my birthday so I didn't need to even feel the tiniest bit guilty with my latest purchase.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: July 13, 2013, 10:18:17 am »
It's a lovely book Cookie.

After hearing CP talk about it, I ordered it from Booktopia. My DH brought it home from our PO box yesterday afternoon whilst Judy was here having coffee.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: July 13, 2013, 10:47:31 am »
It's amazing how many times I'm there with Katie when her DH comes in from work via their post box and hands her another cookbook.  ;D  It is a lovely book Cookie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: July 13, 2013, 12:14:12 pm »
had a little chuckle  :D but yes, it's a really lovely book. Made me realise that  when it comes to cooking I do enjoy the baking side perhaps the most
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: July 13, 2013, 12:22:27 pm »
I certainly love the baking side of cooking the most. I adore do breads too. But of course that is still baking.  :-\

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: July 13, 2013, 11:31:44 pm »
I love baking more than any other type of cooking.  It's not unheard of for me to have made a magnificent dessert but no dinner 😉

mcmich

« Reply #9459 on: July 14, 2013, 09:13:34 am »
Just home from a lovely day in Sydney. Not cheap shopping with children even when they are 23yrs old.

Went to the Nespresso shop. A great shopping experience. I had ciocattino latte (one their new flavours) and browsed the shop.
Then I went down stairs to the self serve section - Sydney is the only shop in the Southern Hemisphere to have this section.
I chose all the new flavours and some old favourites then was helped by a very handsome young man in a suit  8)  to the checkout where you just place the bag in the weighing machine, scan your nespresso member card and swipe your handy card. Just loved the personal attention and service.  ;D

Then onto Paddy's Market and the factory outlets upstairs. Bought DS a jumper and DS and his girlfriend a pair of converse sneakers each only $50 a pair. With lunch it was a bit of an expensive day but I had so much fun.  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: July 14, 2013, 09:19:12 am »
Sounds like a great day Michele, if you really enjoyed yourselves it doesn't matter how much it cost.  It's not something you do everyday and it's nice to splurge occasionally.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: July 14, 2013, 09:22:13 am »
What a wonderful day you had shopping with your family Michele. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

mcmich

« Reply #9462 on: July 14, 2013, 09:52:51 am »
Sounds like a great day Michele, if you really enjoyed yourselves it doesn't matter how much it cost.  It's not something you do everyday and it's nice to splurge occasionally.

You're so right Judy. I had a lovely day. The train trip, lunch and spoiling the children. Just a lovely day.  :D

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: July 14, 2013, 10:18:29 am »
That sounds like a lovely day Mcmich, so glad you enjoyed it.  Sometimes its days like that, that are the best.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: July 14, 2013, 10:35:07 am »
That sounds like a lovely day Mcmich, so glad you enjoyed it.  Sometimes its days like that, that are the best.

Couldn't agree more!!