Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521517 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9315 on: July 03, 2013, 11:16:54 pm »
We can't wait  to see more of  this no name doggie.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: July 04, 2013, 01:07:55 am »
Have  you tried wearing orthotics in your shoes (best fitted by a physiotherapist)?  I really find walking bare footed or with thin soled shoes terribly uncomfortable and, if my shoes don't have orthotics in them I have to wear sandals or shoes with inbuilt support such as Ecco or Birkenstock or else a good pair of trainers.  I just found this, courtesy of our good pal, Mr Google.

Thanks Marina interesting reading I find the Orthaheel have stopped my pain. There are lots of nice thongs with support in that range. Hopefully mine will be gone before we go to Europe and I have to do a lot of walking  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: July 04, 2013, 01:12:28 am »
Glad he became yours DJ, how long before you collect him?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: July 04, 2013, 01:27:11 am »
Love the look of those shoes.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: July 04, 2013, 03:19:23 am »
DJ he is a real sweetie.

I love fit flops for summer. I also wear croc thongs round the house. They offer support.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: July 04, 2013, 03:27:48 am »
I might get some too, Love the shoes
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: July 04, 2013, 04:14:20 am »
Love the dog DJ.  :)
:D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: July 04, 2013, 04:57:41 am »
This year someone posted the name of a telephone company that they had recently switched to. I can't find this post, so just wondering if anyone has good experience with a good telephone plan? Needs to be able to get good mobile signal coverage. We are wanting to change from Telstra as they are currently charging us an arm and a leg and we think there must be another company out there that offer the same thing at a much cheaper rate. We have everything with Telstra, house, business, fax, internet, and mobile phones.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: July 04, 2013, 05:07:52 am »
We are Aldi mobile pre paid which is fantastic. I've recently switched to Primus for phone and Internet after iinet changed our phone plan without telling us (we increased our Internet download which couldn't then be bundled with the phone agreement but instead of telling us they just put us on a new plan and started charging us an arm and a leg for international calls - disgusting if you ask me).

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: July 04, 2013, 05:11:33 am »
Didn't have as much with Telstra as you have CP, but when I threatened to leave them and go elsewhere they suddenly came up with a much better offer.  May be worth a try before you change.  I would have been up for a penalty for leaving before the 24 months were up but told them that DS's had offered to pay that to get me out of Telstra.  Worked wonders. I told them we had been with Telstra over 40 years and would have thought loyalty should have been worth something.  Just a thought.  Good luck with it.  

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #9325 on: July 04, 2013, 05:11:45 am »
Yes CP mine is much better now that I have been wearing the shoes, i think it is called planter faciatis (spelling is probably wrong)
after I walked around the shops (before new shoes) I could hardly walk when I got home so annoying. It would be good if more shoes were available

Another part of the problem, is inflammation of the ligament attachment on the bottom of the heel - the structure that supports the arch.

Putting a pad in the shoe just adds more pressure on that point.

What you need is a pad that is shaped like a horseshoe - so the outer edges of the heel support your weight and there is an open space for the irritated spot.   There are "gel heel cups"  which are cup-shaped silicone with a very soft center and firmer outer rims.

You can take a regular heel pad and cut the center out.  
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: July 04, 2013, 06:11:55 am »
Cream Puff, I am with Telstra, and I rang the business centre in Cairns, and saved $1200 a year, when I added the internet on, as one single bill for the shop.

They ring me every 2 months, to see If they can help me more.

Business prices are much better than personal prices.

[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: July 04, 2013, 08:32:37 am »
I spoke with Telstra  a week ago about the extremely poor coverage we have for our mobiles at home. They promised it would be a priority and someone would come out within 24 hours to see why it was so bad. That was a week ago.
We need to stay with Telstra at least for our mobiles as the coverage is so much better when you travel. Eg Monkey Mia only has Telstra.

CP a friend went to Optus and he pays a set amount each month for his home phone, fax and Internet. He gets all his calls free (I think). It may be worth checking. I think it is just over $100 or so a month.
What do you pay if I may ask? We pay $140-$160 a month and that includes our home line and calls, fax, Internet with 25 GB , and 2 mobiles on a $20 plan. We get free local calls and both have a free hour on our mobiles. It is a very old plan but I can't find anything better with them at the moment.
I'll be interested to hear how you go.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: July 04, 2013, 02:35:33 pm »
This is what I bought today

Collection after we've moved.

aww DJ, would love to see his face when yu get him  8)

The best sheep dog we have, is the little "given away because I kill chooks" jack russel  :P who has had no training what so ever.
Hubby has trained him to eat with the chickens, and he works the sheep unbelievably!
......We have 2 border collies who have had training.....and they just sit on the motorbike and watch the jack russel do all the work  :-\

Oh, the shopping.......

My last little indulgence before The tractor comes

myer had 40% off, and I said Thank you very much 

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: July 04, 2013, 03:04:10 pm »
Gorgeous sunnies, Maddy.