Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521362 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #7005 on: January 14, 2013, 11:01:56 am »
Love the colours and also the price.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: January 14, 2013, 11:03:48 am »
I'm sure they will Jamberie, hope you don't have to wait long for them to arrive.

I've already got mine,  I bought them from The Reject Shop (a discount shop, not reject goods) a few days ago and just waiting until I wash them before I use them....but I might be waiting a while, depending on when I do the washing  :D
I use microfiber cloths in the kitchen and for cleaning they are great, I have two bamboo fibre tea towels they are fabulous so absorbent .

I'm glad to hear they are good as I also bought some for my mum & she's super fussy!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: January 14, 2013, 11:06:57 am »
I didn't realise you had bought them, thought you were only telling us you had seen them in the Reject Shop Jamberie. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #7008 on: January 14, 2013, 11:11:19 am »
Judy, it is meant to be really good for cleaning glasses..no lint.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #7009 on: January 14, 2013, 11:23:00 am »
I didn't realise you had bought them, thought you were only telling us you had seen them in the Reject Shop Jamberie. 

They are a little bit smaller than regular tea towels but as they dry so quickly I guess they don't need to be too big. The pink ones are face-washer/flannel sized but have a very light mesh on one side to help with tougher marks.

But I still like the polka dots more!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: January 14, 2013, 12:12:26 pm »
I wouldn't mind a couple just for glasses, it is so hard to get them lint free, especially those you have trouble getting your fingers into.  They look quite OK to me Jamberie.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #7011 on: January 14, 2013, 12:17:52 pm »
I think they were about $4 for 2 or 4, I can't remember exactly, so I figured I couldn't go wrong at that price. Have you got a Reject Shop near you?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: January 14, 2013, 01:49:10 pm »
I'm not sure Jamberie, I know there is one near my SIL and I can check out the shopping centre when I pick my glasses up next week sometime.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: January 14, 2013, 02:02:49 pm »
Hi Courton, can you post the ebay link for the tea towels???

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: January 14, 2013, 02:18:18 pm »

They are a little bit smaller than regular tea towels but as they dry so quickly I guess they don't need to be too big. The pink ones are face-washer/flannel sized but have a very light mesh on one side to help with tougher marks.

But I still like the polka dots more!

Yay off to the Reject Shop I go ... I have 4 like the pink ones and would love more :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #7015 on: January 14, 2013, 05:42:50 pm »
I've been using microfiber towels for many years.
They were first marketed for washing cars - because of the super absorption  then someone had a bright idea and began selling them at dog shows for drying wet dogs after washing or if they got wet in the rain - or their feet got wet from dew-laden grass.
I had some of these and found they were perfect for drying my hair, and I still use them as my hair is very long.

Only after all that did they become a household item for windows, drying china and glasses, etc., and they were usually a not-too attractive bright yellow - what we here call "school-bus yellow"  or an off white that always looked a bit dirty because apparently the early stuff did not take some colors evenly. 
They are very popular in professional kitchens because they do dry rapidly so less energy needed when they are laundered.

They wear well, I still have some of the first ones I bought nearly twenty years ago (the yellow ones) which are stained and a bit ratty looking but still absorbent. 
The older ones did stain easily and regular bleach would not take out the stains but the oxygen-type bleaches (Oxy-Clean) would.  Tea and coffee stains are the most persistent and have to be washed out with cold water as rapidly as possible or they are permanent. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #7016 on: January 14, 2013, 08:35:50 pm »

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: January 14, 2013, 08:44:58 pm »
I was given 2 dark (almost black) ones for Christmas, I had never heard of them before.  Mine are the Ladelle brand and I think they do dry better than others I have tried.  They dry glasses very well.  I love them and will be looking for more. Mine do look different from those in the photo. Will see if I can get a photo of mine.  I was also given some bamboo ones but I am finding that whilst they dry well they go quite stiff when wet. 

Marie

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: January 14, 2013, 09:03:45 pm »
I bought the black pizza machine :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: January 14, 2013, 09:10:53 pm »
Yippee Robyn.
I was wondering how long it would take you  ;D
I am going to make a Fritatta tonight. Wondering how it will compare to making it stovetop then oven..
Hope you are enjoying your holiday