Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521716 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #6600 on: December 28, 2012, 04:36:19 am »
Online shopping makes it so hard to resist. At work today but got an email from Lululemon advertising some things they had on sale so just had to take a look and bought a new top, and Benon online also sent an email and there were things I just couldn't resist in my size. I had better stay away from the shops.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: December 28, 2012, 04:57:31 am »
Jamberie I lost my DH's wedding ring on Cable Beach in Broome about 37 years ago. He took it off to go net fishing and gave it to me to look after. I had to shift up the beach as the tide came in and I must have dropped it. We never found it. I wanted to get DH a new one but he would rather not have one as he works manually so much and things get caught in it  and nearly rip his finger off.

I went shopping this morning, gosh what a lot of people. I bought a lovely Royal Doulton apron. I love their china and have heaps of it.  I also bought some gorgeous pillow slips from Bed Bath and Table.
Will post photos a bit later when I am on tapatalk.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: December 28, 2012, 05:33:42 am »
Oh no Cookie! My DH was sooo scared to tell me. I don't know what he thought I was going to do. I'd been thinking to myself for a while that he could do with a more contemporary band but I never said anything because you can't just go and buy a new band can you?? I wasn't really concerned and we wne tshopping the next day I jokingly said to DH, well if he gets a new one than so do I -he didn't argue and asked me to find something  ;D
When we spoke to the sales person at the coast, she didn't batter an eyelid, it seems to happen all the time...and as we were being served another man was looking at wedding rings and he was up to number 10 or so! -bricklayer!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: December 28, 2012, 05:39:58 am »
sounds like you are feeling better Kim.

Hows the house hunting going.

No shopping yet for me.

Just putting things out of my mind for the moment robyn.. Butthings seem to be better and alot of visitors sodoing alot more cooking.. dad seems to have had a turn around regarding cooking which is nice as it relaxes me and they enjoy me cooking... will have to post a lovely recipe i made today.. root veg salad.. yum.. Cant do much else so a bit of retail therapy.. Going down to see some friends onthe gold coast for nye.. Cant do much else.. Everything is shut down until after new year.. No house hunting for the moment.. Everything on hold..see how things go  in jan..it will all work out in the end..hopefully sooner rather than later..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: December 28, 2012, 05:57:28 am »
I worked with a guy who lost his wedding for the 4th time...

My DH wears his on a chain as he's an electrican and not happy wearing anything on his hands.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: December 28, 2012, 06:31:02 am »
I actually lost mine a couple of years ago  :(
I took it off on a long haul flight from Europe as I could feel it getting tight.
Stupidly put it into my pocket and when we stopped over in Singapore it was no longer in my pocket.  :(
Lovely DH took me shopping and bought me a new one and a matching 1carat diamond engagement ring as he said he couldn't only replace one so both  :)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #6606 on: December 28, 2012, 06:54:30 am »
What a convenient place to lose it MF!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: December 28, 2012, 07:09:39 am »
How sweet of him MF.  I don't feel so bad about losing my DH's now after reading about all the others.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: December 28, 2012, 07:25:33 am »
Ha ha Jamberie :)

Actually I was really worried about telling him but he was fine about it and said he had got more than his money's worth out of it with a wry grin on his face  ;)
Don't know if it was sarcasm or not LOL.
Lesson learned and I will never do that again on an aircraft  :o

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: December 28, 2012, 08:16:09 am »
Was naughty today and bought a handbag without even leaving the house.  Have been weighing up to buy it for some time now but at $90 off who could resist ;D

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: December 28, 2012, 08:56:50 am »
Anyone had any success taking back a quality brand pan??? My pan is just over two years old with a lifetime guarantee, it has lost its non stick (wont say the brand but it was about $350 so not a cheapie)  just read the lifetime guarantee conditions and it says LOL
Not to be used on high heat,   DOH.....it is a frying pan, oh well might see if they will take it back, came from David Jones and they are usually good abut returns.

mcmich

« Reply #6611 on: December 28, 2012, 08:57:22 am »
An end of year treat Kimmy. We all deserve one of those.
As I found 3 pr of new shoes today cleaning up the store room, can't really go shopping tomorrow as planned.
Will go on Sunday with my dear friend from high school (also a Michele) we met when we were 12yrs old and 40yrs later are still best friends. We are going to Macquarie Centre - haven't been there for years.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #6612 on: December 28, 2012, 09:06:44 am »
GHM, I totally agree with your comment about high heat and fry pans. The same thing happened to me . Rang the local distributor and they asked me to post it at their cost and it was replaced without batting an eyelid.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:14:49 am by courton »

mcmich

« Reply #6613 on: December 28, 2012, 09:08:34 am »
Maddy was going shopping today. Can't wait to see what she comes back with.  :D

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: December 28, 2012, 09:20:37 am »
Maddy was going shopping today. Can't wait to see what she comes back with.  :D
LOL... Me too!!! Shopper extraordinaire!!!!!