Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521843 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #5205 on: October 03, 2012, 06:04:41 am »
Today I ordered 2 more solid sheets (Excaliber) for my dehydrator and also a pack of 8 mesh sheets (already have 2) for when drying smaller things.  :)

Tomorrow we are getting the tallest, biggest pine tree you could imagine,  plus 4 other trees removed from our property.  I'm always worried whenever we get a strong wind as the pine tree would fall on our house.  It also makes a lot of mess when the little things that grow into pine cones get blown off the tree and find their way under our veranda, it's a constant clean up job.  It is worth the few thousand it's costing to get them removed, stumps and all.  :D

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: October 03, 2012, 06:08:18 am »
Hope the trees come down ok Julie.

We have had quite a few trees removed over the years, it is very expensive though

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: October 03, 2012, 06:14:55 am »
That's a big, noisy, messy job Julie but one worth doing before they do come down on the house. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: October 03, 2012, 07:37:47 am »
Tomorrow we are getting the tallest, biggest pine tree you could imagine,  plus 4 other trees removed from our property.  I'm always worried whenever we get a strong wind as the pine tree would fall on our house.  It also makes a lot of mess when the little things that grow into pine cones get blown off the tree and find their way under our veranda, it's a constant clean up job.  It is worth the few thousand it's costing to get them removed, stumps and all.  :D

be nice to open up the space too Julie.
One of Hubby's previous jobs was tree lopping.  We had so many here, and some of them were quite dangerous as well.
unfortunately you could say he is chainsaw happy, and  removed 2 trees he shouldn't have...he wore my wrath for many days!  :P
that chainsaw doesn't touch any wood now unless I say so  ;)
I can't believe when we first moved here, he wanted to chop down a giant willow tree down the back...instead I insisted we build a BBQ area around it, and its now a wonderful spot to entertain....Men  :-)) LOL
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: October 03, 2012, 07:51:29 am »
Just come home from food shopping with Miss 11 and Miss almost 16 and somehow managed to do "the wander" through the shops. Melted the credit card on clothes and shoes for Miss 11 the fashionista, and even Miss 16 was in the mood and has new jeans and shirts. I scored a pair of sandals for summer.
Then we did food shopping and then had to visit the new Masters store near here. I think that may be my new favourite shop! I rang hubby and have banned him from it - he loves shiny things to add to his shed ('cos he loves it when other blokes come into his shed and go 'phwoar, you got one of them...nice!').
I think I may have to stay home for the rest of the school holidays, or leave the girls at home if I have to go out...they are expensive!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: October 03, 2012, 09:05:43 am »
Sounds like a lovely spot Maddy.  :D 

They are cutting the 4 just outside our fence tomorrow, then either Friday or next week depending on how far they get, they have to take down some of our fence so they can get to the big one.  I don't really care about the noise or mess while it's being done, just want them gone, though I know we will miss the shade in the summer.  Still, can't have everything.  ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: October 03, 2012, 10:32:47 am »
I am so good at the moment......
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline shan_k

• View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: October 03, 2012, 11:07:24 am »
My tupperware arrived today (also from Malaysia!) - am very happy with it :) should have a new steam mop arriving this week too....I need weeks like these to distract me from work which is very hectic right now. It seems rather sad though to be excited about cleaning out my pantry and mopping the floor!
Claremont - Perth, WA

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #5213 on: October 03, 2012, 08:46:24 pm »
JD I have a stainless steel bead chain that I wear around my neck whenever I leave the house for any reason. It has my "Medic-Alert" information and my name and address on a tag and I also have a house key on it.
I have been known to absent-mindedly click the automatic lock on the back door just going outside to one of the sheds or the garage.
Having the house key around my neck is much safer that carrying it in a pocket and if I'm in an accident or collapse while out walking, my emergency info is right there.

I won't trust a key outside any other way.  Magnetic vehicle key "safes" are no longer safe either because thieves now use strong, rare-earth magnets on sticks and run them under the edges all around vehicles and the magnets are so strong they will pull the key safe off the underside of the car.

No matter what people invent to foil thieves, they manage to find ways around them.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: October 03, 2012, 09:35:19 pm »
JulieO hope all goes well today with the tree cutting.

Marie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: October 03, 2012, 11:28:35 pm »
JD I have a stainless steel bead chain that I wear around my neck whenever I leave the house for any reason. It has my "Medic-Alert" information and my name and address on a tag and I also have a house key on it.

But what happens if you collapse inside and there is no-one else around Andie - how are emergency service or friends going to get to you?  That's my problem - if anything happens to me and my DH is in bed, he cannot get out to help me.  He has a phone at the side of his bed so could call someone but how can they get in if there is no key outside for them?  That's my quandary.  I was told they would smash the door down but I would prefer they walked through the door than did that.  Leaving a key with neighbours would only work some of the time as they go away a lot and relatives are not that close either.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #5216 on: October 03, 2012, 11:36:09 pm »
There is probably no perfect solution in your case Judy. Emergency services may have to break the door down anyway if DH can't remember the combination to the key box.

mcmich

« Reply #5217 on: October 03, 2012, 11:38:40 pm »
I have thought of something. What about a medi alert where you press the button and it goes to a call centre that will ring the ambulance if needed and you would leave the combination with them? Don't know what the fee is for that?

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: October 03, 2012, 11:41:51 pm »
no I didn't buy this....but it made me smile

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: October 03, 2012, 11:42:22 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D