Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521217 times)

mcmich

Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #3720 on: June 30, 2012, 12:41:33 pm »
Nice buys nazar. I will have to check out the muffin pans.
What craft do you do?

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: June 30, 2012, 01:23:17 pm »
 l brought some scrapbooking paper and stickers from kmart
also l do card making and are trying to finish a l spy quilt l start for my son that l start too long ago to remember
l try my hand at lots of crafts but find l dont get around to them these days except for the one mention above

have a look at the ww catalogue   theres about 8 different sorts  there  l was so tempted but thought l would be good
l think there on sale  until wed
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:55:32 pm by nazar »

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: June 30, 2012, 08:00:33 pm »
Went to the cash n carry, bought 20 lemons, washing soda, white vinegar, salt, sugar, beer for DH, kitchen towel, 3 duck breasts, a cucumber and a box of butter for freezer.
Then i went to the hardware store to get borax substitute and sunlight soap for the washing powder. And to our farming friend who sells his milk, as our cow is out in the field with her calf so not being milked at present.

Tomorrow I must get a spray thingy from the garden centre sale for miracle spray.

Nothing exciting, but  been a busy  *: bee.

mcmich

« Reply #3723 on: June 30, 2012, 08:11:00 pm »
l brought some scrapbooking paper and stickers from kmart
also l do card making and are trying to finish a l spy quilt l start for my son that l start too long ago to remember
l try my hand at lots of crafts but find l dont get around to them these days except for the one mention above

have a look at the ww catalogue   theres about 8 different sorts  there  l was so tempted but thought l would be good
l think there on sell until wed
Thanks Nazzar, will go and have a look today.
I do card making too. Couple of months ago did the invitations for a friends wedding.

mcmich

« Reply #3724 on: June 30, 2012, 08:11:54 pm »
Went to the cash n carry, bought 20 lemons, washing soda, white vinegar, salt, sugar, beer for DH, kitchen towel, 3 duck breasts, a cucumber and a box of butter for freezer.
Then i went to the hardware store to get borax substitute and sunlight soap for the washing powder. And to our farming friend who sells his milk, as our cow is out in the field with her calf so not being milked at present.

Tomorrow I must get a spray thingy from the garden centre sale for miracle spray.

Nothing exciting, but  been a busy  *: bee.
DJ are you going to make the washing powder from the forum?

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: June 30, 2012, 09:11:50 pm »
Yes I intend to, and miracle spray.

Have you made them?

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #3726 on: June 30, 2012, 09:16:40 pm »
Having some fun with my new iPad.
Had already ordered a case "skin" for it and some screen protectors (not easy getting all the bubbles out) but then thought I would get one of the screen covers and mentioned it to one of the guys in my computer club this morning.
He recommended this cover with keyboard combined and says for the price it is a great deal.

So, as soon as I got home from the meeting, I ordered one - in red  as white tends to get grungy and I have enough black stuff.

He also suggested I get this, and since I can also use it with my MacBook Pro, I ordered one.  There are times when I do need the larger screen of the MacBook.
Also helpful when I am ensconced in my recliner and need to read in some of the larger and heavier books I have.

I opted for the iPad 64 with Wi-Fi because I don't really need 3G or 4G because I already have a broadband remote modem.

I'm still having some problems with figuring out what I did when the screen goes the wrong way I expect.  
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: June 30, 2012, 09:44:57 pm »
My iPad still does weird things, or maybe me, the driver, does weird things!

It was Xmas present.

Love it but getting recipes off here into anything else just too challenging!

Enjoy andie

mcmich

« Reply #3728 on: June 30, 2012, 09:51:07 pm »
Yes I intend to, and miracle spray.

Have you made them?
Have made the washing powder and found it quite good.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: June 30, 2012, 10:32:48 pm »
I absolutely love my iPad for taking out and going away, it's really great for checking email and the forums etc, but much prefer my MBP for when at home.  :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: July 01, 2012, 12:31:40 am »
Having some fun with my new iPad.
Had already ordered a case "skin" for it and some screen protectors (not easy getting all the bubbles out) but then thought I would get one of the screen covers and mentioned it to one of the guys in my computer club this morning.
He recommended this cover with keyboard combined and says for the price it is a great deal.

So, as soon as I got home from the meeting, I ordered one - in red  as white tends to get grungy and I have enough black stuff.

He also suggested I get this, and since I can also use it with my MacBook Pro, I ordered one.  There are times when I do need the larger screen of the MacBook.
Also helpful when I am ensconced in my recliner and need to read in some of the larger and heavier books I have.

I opted for the iPad 64 with Wi-Fi because I don't really need 3G or 4G because I already   a broadband remote modem.

I'm still having some problems with figuring out what I did when the screen goes the wrong way I expect.  

Andi go to settings scroll down to use side switch  there you will see you can use that switch to lock the rotation or to mute the sound. It does both but only one at a time. Tick lock rotation to the position you choose.

Did you know that you can also untype what you have just typed by shaking the iPad from side to side?

Download iPad secrets app for all the useful tips straight from the horses mouth

I bought the Zagg folio as it had a hard light weight case and fits in my handbag.

I needed the 3 G because there are very few places you can get free wifi here.

Sounds like you are having fun.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #3731 on: July 01, 2012, 02:03:36 am »
Mcmich, please let me know when you receive your Tupperware and if you happy with it. I also ordered from a Malaysian site last year but had to get PayPal to intervene and get my $$ back since it was a no show.

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: July 01, 2012, 03:02:59 am »
Gert, thank you for the reply.

Good news the coffee maker is working really well and we just enjoyed a nice macchiato :)

I think the problem was in the air intake system. As a last result we replaced the part that looks a little like a screw. It came as a spare with the other bits and pieces when we bought the machine. This is the only one that is not numbered out of the four pieces when the system is dismantle. Surprising enough it is not mentioned in the manual, then again it is translated from another language.

Cheers,

Desi

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: July 01, 2012, 03:25:33 am »
Gert, thank you for the reply.

Good news the coffee maker is working really well and we just enjoyed a nice macchiato :)

I think the problem was in the air intake system. As a last result we replaced the part that looks a little like a screw. It came as a spare with the other bits and pieces when we bought the machine. This is the only one that is not numbered out of the four pieces when the system is dismantle. Surprising enough it is not mentioned in the manual, then again it is translated from another language.

Cheers,

Desi

Good one Desi must have a look see if I have one. Thanks heaps for that and so happy it is working. Best ever coffee!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: July 01, 2012, 04:28:40 am »
Went to a jewellery party yesterday & bought 2 necklaces & a ring. Went to put the necklace on to go out last night & it broke!  Now I have to contact the seller to get a replacement/refund - what a pain.
Melbourne, inner north