Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521649 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #3465 on: June 18, 2012, 09:18:54 pm »
We need to support our dear Maddy...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3466 on: June 18, 2012, 10:21:31 pm »
If your not happy, you have 60 days satisfaction guarantee I think, then the warranty of course.
Interested to hear your update Mcmich......certainly would be easier having both hands free for the rolling/ cutting.

......which I must confess to another purchase that turned up today  :P

I know I bought a manual pasta machine a couple of weeks ago, but I thought this would be easier for rolling the dough out with the KA, with both hands.
.....unfortunately my big flaw is buying before thinking  :P the other will get used though  :)

So Maddy, are you saying you wish you had purchased the KA attachment first?  The reason I am asking is because I am considering purchasing an attachment for my KA?

Sharon
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: June 19, 2012, 01:28:25 am »
We need to support our dear Maddy...

LOL  :P

So Maddy, are you saying you wish you had purchased the KA attachment first?
Sharon

I think I am  Saying that ;D  lol.
It is a more expensive option, but if you already have a K.A.....it probably makes more sense...particularly when you have both hands free to work with the dough.  Julie O has one too I'm sure.
You can buy a bundle of attachments on sale at different times, but I'll stick with just the roller first and see how we go.
The cheapest I found at the time was Online at your home depot.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3468 on: June 19, 2012, 01:33:10 am »
Yay just ordered my iPad 3. Picking it up Thursday :D
Can't wait.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3469 on: June 19, 2012, 01:56:46 am »
Thanks maddy, just purchased the set of three rollers and will see how that goes and then maybe purchase the press set as my lot love macaroni, yes JulieO's review clinched the deal  :D

Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: June 19, 2012, 02:38:50 am »
yes JulieO's review clinched the deal  :D

....she clinches them for me too  :P

just purchased the set of three rollers and will see how that goes and then maybe purchase the press set as my lot love macaroni

Good job, I'm sure you'll be happy with them.
I have been mulling over that pasta extruded set for well over 12 months now....uncharacteristic of me I know, but will probably review that after making fresh pasta  :P
 B.T.W., I think it works out quite a bit cheaper to buy the extruded set from amazon  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #3471 on: June 19, 2012, 03:55:51 am »
I've used the old Atlas pasta rollers for many years with no problems.  I did get a motor for it a few years ago - AFTER I tried the attachment for my KA mixer.
The KA attachment broke the second time I used it - you can't use stiff dough at all and mine broke with the fettucini cutter.

So I went back to using the Atlas and got the motor for it so I could use two hands.   For quite a few years I had a live-in housekeeper and she would turn the crank while I inserted the dough and manipulated it.

I bought the motor on eBay for $56.00.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: June 19, 2012, 04:34:32 am »
We have the Kitchen Aid pasta attachements as well as the extruder one. We find the roller/cutters fantastic - quick and easy to use and it's great not needing to turn the handle as well as guide the dough. DH uses them mostly and he really isn't interested in cooking but would never let us buy lasagna these days, jsut too quick and easy with TMX and the kitchen aid attachments. We haven't used the extruder attachment nearly as much and find it much more fiddly and I think you need to put in the practice to get the good results. If I had a bit more time at home I would definitely give it a go.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: June 19, 2012, 06:37:03 am »
I have all the KA pasta attachments; roller, fettucine cutter, spaghetti cutter, extra wide fettucine cutter, angel hair cutter, ravioli and pasta press attachments.  :-))

Have been using the first 3 for about 4 years, the rest about 2.  I love them all and they all get used depending on what I'm making.
I did the same as you Maddy, bought a cheapo manual one to get the basics down and it allowed me to find out if I wanted to pursue it further.  I did and bought them when I saw good prices both here and overseas. It's second nature now and takes no time to whip up.

I love making pasta for some reason, find the whole process relaxing.  I make sure we have one pasta related meal each week.  :D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: June 19, 2012, 07:21:20 am »
Julie, which basic pasta recipe is your favouite?
Have noted your spinach one too  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3475 on: June 19, 2012, 07:24:55 am »
WHY AM I READING THIS THREAD!

Sorry to shout, but now after reading about the KA pasta attachments, I really want them!! I'm meant to be saving the pennies. But, it the long run, it will save pennies, right?? ;D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: June 19, 2012, 07:35:04 am »
You girls crack me up.

It is like looking at a Lakeland  catalogue in UK, seeing and wanting things you didn't know you wanted.

However I am safe I think as all pennies and a lot of pounds went on  *: and then extra bowl.

Happy shopping!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: June 19, 2012, 07:49:33 am »
Yay just ordered my iPad 3. Picking it up Thursday :D
Can't wait.

You win today's shopping YAHOO!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: June 19, 2012, 07:51:36 am »
WHY AM I READING THIS THREAD!

Sorry to shout, but now after reading about the KA pasta attachments, I really want them!! I'm meant to be saving the pennies. But, it the long run, it will save pennies, right?? ;D

You have got to stop. Be strong. Delete! Delete!

Gert Wait,.... What,an I doing here?
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

stacelee

« Reply #3479 on: June 19, 2012, 08:20:03 am »
I want the sieve attachment for my Kenwood but I'm being strong!