Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521398 times)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #2265 on: April 04, 2012, 07:01:55 am »
Just bought a baccarat roasting pan...stainless steel on the outside non stick on the inside and with the ability to be used on the hot plate! Yay!!!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: April 04, 2012, 07:16:12 am »
  The best coffee and Pizzas are at Frangos,  the cafe on the corner.  Have a great time just walking around and looking.

Thanks for the tip chookie!....I will be hanging for a good latte by Saturday morning :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: April 04, 2012, 08:21:37 am »
Maddy, we live just down the road from Daylesford, but never go there.  Which is the place with the sale, I might just head down and have a look around.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: April 04, 2012, 08:55:53 am »
Maddy, we live just down the road from Daylesford, but never go there.  Which is the place with the sale, I might just head down and have a look around.

The Lark shop

4a Duke Street,
Daylesford
www.larkmade.com.au

Might bump into your Marina  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

mcmich

« Reply #2269 on: April 04, 2012, 09:13:32 am »
If I were forced to go camping I would pack a chef, a sommelier, a king sized bed, a handy man for all erections such as the circus sized tent, the cooks tent, the maids tent, the loo tent not to mention my spa tent.

The kitchen hand would need to bring all the crockery and crystal. A string quartet for some soothing  music and to drown out the critter noises would be a must. Oh and my DH. He loves camping. Thank goodnes we have the same taste in camping gear. Bless him.

Have fun and I hope it does not rain.

Gert
That's my idea of camping. Love sleeping under the stars as long as there are five of them.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: April 04, 2012, 09:15:32 am »
Exactly right too mcmich!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: April 04, 2012, 01:31:19 pm »
If I were forced to go camping I would pack a chef, a sommelier, a king sized bed, a handy man for all erections such as the circus sized tent, the cooks tent, the maids tent, the loo tent not to mention my spa tent.

The kitchen hand would need to bring all the crockery and crystal. A string quartet for some soothing  music and to drown out the critter noises would be a must. Oh and my DH. He loves camping. Thank goodnes we have the same taste in camping gear. Bless him.

Gert
That's my idea of camping. Love sleeping under the stars as long as there are five of them.  ;D ;D ;D

it's called GLAMPING girls!!

My dear late mum always camped in style. She had everything including a kitchen sink that dad made her and running hot water (a rather larger urn) lol
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: April 04, 2012, 02:03:21 pm »

Gert

My DW considers considers camping a hotel with no room service.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: April 04, 2012, 02:06:36 pm »

Gert

it's called GLAMPING girls!!

My dear late mum always camped in style. She had everything including a kitchen sink that dad made her and running hot water (a rather larger urn) lol

My parents "camp" in a 36 foot 5th wheel caravan complete with queen size bed, full kitchen including microwave and porcelain toilet. Dad tows it with a Ford F350 that feels like riding in a truck it is so big.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: April 04, 2012, 02:46:17 pm »

If I were forced to go camping I would pack a chef, a sommelier, a king sized bed, a handy man for all erections

Gert someonewhere about here I held my breath for what you were going to say...

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: April 04, 2012, 02:53:24 pm »

If I were forced to go camping I would pack a chef, a sommelier, a king sized bed, a handy man for all erections

Gert someonewhere about here I held my breath for what you were going to say...

CP I have to say I was wondering what Gert was going to say next.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: April 04, 2012, 10:27:17 pm »
Hope you all enjoy easter holidays, and camping.
Maddy, looking forward to photos of shopping next week.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: April 05, 2012, 12:16:06 am »
I was the same with the Gert comment but she is a stirrer so would have chosen her words carefully.  It's lovely to have you back as the 'old Gert' again Gretchen - whilst you were absent there a while back I missed my daily laugh.  :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: April 05, 2012, 12:49:46 am »
I was the same with the Gert comment but she is a stirrer so would have chosen her words carefully.  It's lovely to have you back as the 'old Gert' again Gretchen - whilst you were absent there a while back I missed my daily laugh.  :-* :-*

Aw shucks. :-))

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #2279 on: April 05, 2012, 12:56:17 am »
When I was quite young, married to my second husband, who liked camping and fishing in the mountains, I did the tent-camp thing but most of the work was done by guides, although I did most of the cooking. (Mainly because I don't trust anyone to cook things the way I like.)  And I enjoyed fishing.

Years later when I was really into showing dogs, I had a 40-ft motorhome, actually a professionally converted bus with a full bathroom and regular size tub, a full kitchen, washer and dryer and lots of closets - it was designed for full-time living, with two air conditions on the roof and a 12.5 vV Kohler generator that could power everything.  If I was on really long trips, I towed a small car behind so I wouldn't have to load everything up to make a run to a grocery store once I was parked at the show grounds.  
It was a great way to "camp" and I enjoyed it and often had riders along to share expenses.  It was a lot cheaper than staying at motels.  I often traveled with a gay guy who wouldn't let me do any of the heavy work of setting up the exercise pens for the dogs and he was a great cook too.
Of course, now with the price of gas and diesel, the cost savings would not be as much.

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/