Author Topic: Coconut Fudge Balls with photos  (Read 8311 times)

Offline chicksta44

• View Profile
Coconut Fudge Balls with photos
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:32:38 am »
This recipe is from Janella Purcell's (Good Chef, Bad Chef) personal website which I have modified for the TMX. This is my first upload so fingers crossed! I guess it could be in the raw, diet and snacks category or even Christmas for that matter, so feel free to move it to where you think it best should be. 

Name of Recipe: Coconut Fudge Balls
Number of People: 20 balls or there abouts
Ingredients:
300g dates, pitted and fresh
170g pistachios raw (walnuts, pecans, macadamias or almonds are OK also) for this recipe I used pistachios, almonds and macadamias
35g desiccated or shredded coconut (I used shredded as it was ll I had)
4-5 drops of rose water
1-2 tbsp raw cacao powder

Preparation:
Place dates, nuts, coconut and rose water in TMX and pulverise on speed 8 for 30-40 seconds until a smoothish paste (see pic).

Take paste out of TMX bowl and roll into balls using dessert spoon so you get them about the same size. Roll in cacao powder and your done. :)

Photos:

Tips/Hints: Whipped these up in about 15 minutes in total.  Put 5 or 6 balls into small plastic bags and tie off with your favorite ribbon and put in your Christmas hampers. Good for a healthy snack for those on diets. Gives you the chocolate fudge fix without the extra sugar. Enjoy!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Coconut Fudge Balls with photos
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:51:59 am »
Thanks for your first recipe conversion Lisa - they sound lovely.  I sometimes watch Janella's show whilst having lunch.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:59:46 am »
Awww yum!! What a good idea as a pressie - a little bit like the Lara bars we make.   ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 01:17:03 am »
Great combination of dried fruit and nuts. You could vary them according to the taste you want. Thanks.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline chdv

• View Profile
    • Aussie in a Swiss kitchen
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 05:42:59 pm »
Yum, I think I'll try these using Crio Brü (after making a brew to drink). I'm always trying to think of ways to use the grounds after brewing. Thanks!

Cheryl
Cheryl

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 07:45:01 am »
sound yum...on the list!

cheryl where do you get crio bru from??? the only place I found that will send it is from the states and they want to charge 100 dollars postage which is just ridiculous???
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 05:28:42 am »
Frozzie, Tenina sells it. I'm not sure how you would go about getting it though.  Try www.criobru.com.au
I love just eating the grounds, they taste lovely.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:32:07 am by cookie1 »

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 06:30:32 am »
thanks cookie but oz wont send it to europe and the states does but they want to charge 100 dollar postage fee (ouch) and I emailed them and asked if they sell anywhere in europe and they send they will do in fall 2012 or hope too :((( so if I want it before I need to order it from the american website grrr ...i could always just order it and send it to my parents from the aussie site and get them to send it just wanted to avoid 2 lots of postage!!  when tenina gets her new big book out (which by the way tenina  I hope is soon lol) i might ask her to put some in the package for me!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 07:41:23 am »
That sounds like a good idea.

Offline chdv

• View Profile
    • Aussie in a Swiss kitchen
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 11:41:09 pm »
Frozzie, I ordered a huge amount from the US. I can't remember how much the postage was, it was definitely not 100$! My girls and I have pretty much stopped drinking coffee at home. Sometimes when I'm at work I'll give in and have a coffee, but otherwise I'm drinking Crio Brü or green tea these days. My youngest daughter is convinced it helps her concentrate at school.

My son is coming home for xmas, (he's in the US at school), so I'm madly ordering stuff for him to cart over for me. Crio Brü is something I still need to order. I also ordered "The Flavor Bible" (which probably weighs a ton) - I'm sure he won't be impressed when he tries to fit everything into his suitcases!

I just checked my Crio Brü order - I didn't pay any shipping, as I my order came to over $190 / over 180$  - and you have free international shipping. If you do decide to place an order, email them first and ask about the 10% discount. He offered this to me, but I had already placed the order. Fortunately I can use the discount for my next order, which I should go take care of now.

Cheryl
Cheryl

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 03:23:47 am »
Frozzie, Tenina sells it. I'm not sure how you would go about getting it though.  Try www.criobru.com.au
I love just eating the grounds, they taste lovely.
Are these like the raw cacao nibs?  I buy the nibs to munch on.  Yummy crunchy texture and have a lovely bitter aftertaste rather than the sweetness of chocolate.
I have just planted 20 theobrama cacao beans (Cocoa Beans) and hope they all grow so I can make my own cacao nibs and unsweetened chocolate to coat my home grown coffee beans.  The ultimate indulgence.   :D
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 07:02:47 am »
Frozzie, I ordered a huge amount from the US. I can't remember how much the postage was, it was definitely not 100$! My girls and I have pretty much stopped drinking coffee at home. Sometimes when I'm at work I'll give in and have a coffee, but otherwise I'm drinking Crio Brü or green tea these days. My youngest daughter is convinced it helps her concentrate at school.

My son is coming home for xmas, (he's in the US at school), so I'm madly ordering stuff for him to cart over for me. Crio Brü is something I still need to order. I also ordered "The Flavor Bible" (which probably weighs a ton) - I'm sure he won't be impressed when he tries to fit everything into his suitcases!

I just checked my Crio Brü order - I didn't pay any shipping, as I my order came to over $190 / over 180$  - and you have free international shipping. If you do decide to place an order, email them first and ask about the 10% discount. He offered this to me, but I had already placed the order. Fortunately I can use the discount for my next order, which I should go take care of now.

Cheryl

ok thanks cheryl..will have to check that out...id prefer to buy more and have no international shipping than pay a butload for it!  Idont know why it is that the US is the only country that overcharges for postage..often they say they are deliverying by intl courier (only choice) but it still arrives by normal post?? however locally its often free or next to nothing!  I have a girlfriend who used to live in the states and still goes there often so might ask her to order me some the next time she is over there as well and grezat about your son and too bad for hyis luggage lol...he owes you im sure  ;D ;D ;D