Author Topic: HELP!!!!!!  (Read 8519 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: HELP!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 04:53:51 am »
I have had problems also.  I now store all pantry items in heavy/thick plastic containers.  If there are moths already inside,  it keeps them there.  To get rid of them,  the moth traps are excellent.   In our cold climate , we see more in the hot weather. 
In the remainder of the house I have little organza bags with a mix of natural herbs.  They seem to work. 
I will post the mix if anyone is interested.   

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 05:44:34 am »
 yes please  a chookwoman  when the weather warms up that is  when l have a problem
l have to be careful when buying bulk stuff from the heath food shop too and l check for webs
as l have  brought them allready infected before  its annoying
l have started to valcum seal  any extra bits which dont fit into my jars  for longer term storage

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 08:15:17 pm »
When I buy ANY grains, seeds, nuts or flours, I put them into the freezer for at least 48 hours and some I store in the freezer until ready to use them.
Corn grits and corn meal is especially problematic because the eggs of the critters are so tiny that putting the meal through a sieve won't catch them.  

I also have a lot of problems with hulled millet if not kept in the freezer.  Freezing does not kill the eggs of the moths that infests it and they will hatch a couple of weeks after it has come back to room temp.

I have a freezer just for storing this stuff because I use a lot of grains and nuts and it's better to spend the money on a freezer than to repeatedly toss out grains with bugs or rancid nuts.  If you add up and compare the amounts, you will see my rationale.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 09:53:40 am »
My screen on the forum is so TINY I can barely see it. I don't think that it was like this before 3 days ago and think I must have clicked something somehow perhaps late one night when I may have had a glass or two of wine....hmnn.... does anyone have a tip that may increase it?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2011, 10:03:50 am »
Have you checked the zoom size under the View menu? It should be at 100% (or larger if you like).

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2011, 01:03:04 pm »
Hope you can sort it out CP!

I use glass containers as much as possible in my pantry. I find that moths can get in and under plastic lids. When we had a moth outbreak about 10 years ago, moths even got into the glass of my clock!
I like Nay Nay's idea of the cotton balls with essential oils on them. Cedarwood EO would also be a good addition.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2011, 11:27:41 pm »
Have you checked the zoom size under the View menu? It should be at 100% (or larger if you like).

On my laptop everything else is normal, and its set at 100%. When I reset it to 125% it put all my emails etc into a different font (for the blind), but the forum still stayed tiny. If there is a View menu on the forum I can't see it

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 05:54:09 am »
If you right click up at the very top above where the address bar is you should be able to selct menu bar etc. If the menu bar is showing then you should have file, edit, view, fabourites, tools and help menus showing. The zoom is under the view menu. I also think the shortcut to change to 100% is Ctrl & 0. Then if you want it larger you use Ctrl + and Ctrl - for smaller. Hope this helps.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 06:13:15 am »
you are a little ripper! Just did the control + 0 and it worked!!! I was beginning to think it was all in my head and that I have been squinting like this all the time - oh I love you, you clever little thing  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 07:16:57 am »
Glad that I could help. So many on this forum have helped me, it's nice to be able to give back.