Author Topic: EDC Apple Teacake  (Read 5251 times)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
EDC Apple Teacake
« on: August 25, 2011, 08:09:10 am »
There are a few versions of Teacake on the forum but the EDC version hasn't been commented on - has anyone else had good success with this?? I really like the batter. The recipe is for 2 teacakes and has 4 eggs and 250g flour. If you were having a tea party, putting these in the traditional round tins would be lovely but I was catering for a large function so suited me to put in a Lamington tin for ease of cutting up and serving. The mix is big enough to fill lamington tin wonderfully. The EDC recipe has almonds on top but I put apple and cherries (bottle) - thumbs up from everyone at school. Not even any left to take a picture of.  ;)

Offline AussieMum2Boys

• View Profile
Re: Re: EDC Apple Teacake
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 05:21:40 am »
I made this today except I substituted the apple for pear as I had some really ripe pears to use up.. I halved the recipe as I only wanted to make one cake. I admit I did eat some of the batter out of the mixing bowl it was so delicious. Turned out wonderfully. Yum!!
Wife and working mama to 2 gorgeous little boys (3yo L1  and 1yo L2) from Sydney, Australia.

Newbie Thermomix enthusiast and a Seasoned food lover.. a match made in heaven! <3

Follow me on twitter and instagram! @AussieMum2Boys

Offline paperfreak

• View Profile
Re: EDC Apple Teacake
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 01:27:45 pm »
I have always overlooked this recipe, as it didn't seem to exciting, but I made it yesterday as I had a heap of apples going a bit wrinkly. Wow, simple, but everyone loved it. My 6year old even said today that : "it tasted better than icecream, no just joking, close. Ok not as good as icecream, but better than chocolate".

I tried to make a healthier version of it, so I used spelt flour (half wholemeal, half white) and rapadura sugar instead.
I also halved the recipe and put it in a lamington for making squares for the school lunchbox. It didn't look like it was going to fill a lamington tray, but it worked great.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
Re: EDC Apple Teacake
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 02:03:28 pm »
Oh wow, paperfreak - very creative.  I tasted this yesterday when a friend shared it straight from the EDC recipe and it was a real hit at our lunch.  

Made it myself this week and loved it even more.  Found the steamed apple did sink into the cake but it was not a problem - whole thing was delightful and moist, even after a day or two.  Made two loaves.  Very good recipe and I love how it specified Golden Delicious apples.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:57:52 am by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution