Author Topic: Pumpkin Fruit Cake  (Read 23499 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Re: Pumpkin Fruit Cake
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 02:27:56 pm »
I have a pkt of potato flour and a pkt of wheat germ in the pantry just sit there one day i will remember why i bought them. any ideas what i could use the wheat germ for? Can i add it to a bread dough?

LOL  Let me know if you find out why you have that potato flour - I'm in the same boat! 😄😄
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 06:06:00 pm »
Caroline , could it be for the lemon feather cake   ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 09:17:58 pm »
Caroline, have you seen paperfreak's postings of cookbook contents and ingredients in the childboard "Cookbook Contents"? under Recipe Book Recipe Reviews.
This is the very reason she is making these lists, type in your ingredient(s) and recipes containing them will be highlighted in yellow. I checked all the books she has done so far and the only recipe I have found using potato flour is Sue's Famous Chocolate Cake on page 75 of GF cooking. You must put "potato flour" for the search to work properly as she explains in the preface to her lists.  This is the first time I have used the list but it was a great exercise in how it does work so if anyone has an ingredient in their pantry and wonders why they bought it, I suggest you check out these lists to see if you can come up with the answer.  The work involved in these lists is a credit to paperfreak and if you use any of these books frequently, it has to be a very useful list.
For recipes on the forum, all you do is go to the home page, type in "potato flour" and recipes will come up with these words highlighted.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:20:50 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 10:31:50 pm »
Caroline , could it be for the lemon feather cake   ;D

I think it could well be 😄
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 10:32:22 pm »
Thanks Judy, I'll take a look at that.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 01:48:09 am »
The Lemon Feather cake is lovely.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2012, 02:48:01 pm »
Just made this cake again today. I wondered why I had written '2 beaten eggs' underneath. Now I know, it's because I wasn't sure last time.
I should have checked here first and could have saved using a couple of eggs. Never mind...
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand