Author Topic: Aaargh help! Varoma temp not being reached ...?  (Read 4766 times)

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
Aaargh help! Varoma temp not being reached ...?
« on: March 21, 2011, 07:57:11 pm »
I started to make some yoghurt tonight and my method is to use 1.5l of milk reduce down to 1l in the TMX on varoma temperature but tonight although the TMX shows that the varoma temperature has been reached, it clearly hasn't as there's no visible bubbling from the milk and there isn't steam coming out (there is absolutely no way anything would have cooked had it been placed in the varoma tray!) and despite being "cooked" for an hour or so there is also no visible reduction of the liquid.

I've swapped bowls thinking that perhaps my bowl wasn't working great (I'm very fortunate in that I have 2) but no difference.  I've now given up and am practicing the fine art of reduction in a saucepan but I could really do with some help and advice - has my TMX developed a fault?  Please, pleeeeeease say its something i've done wrong!  I did this last week and it worked great.  I've got to go now because I can smell milk all over my hob top .... :'(

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Aaargh help! Varoma temp not being reached ...?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 08:21:26 pm »
Oh Nik,sorry I can't think of anything to help you.Fingers crossed it's nothing serious.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.