Author Topic: Just had to share ...  (Read 6623 times)

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
Just had to share ...
« on: January 17, 2011, 09:41:50 am »
This morning for my breakfast I had a home-made bap, toasted, with home-made butter and home-made marmalade.

I've had a breadmaker for years but never produced successful results using my mixer or by hand but using the TMX I am making the most gorgeous bread.  The marmalade recipe is from the Thermomix website - I cooked it for rather longer than suggested and its a fabulous bronze colour and a really great solid set!

I always thought there was some mystery to jam and marmalade making but its really easy peasy ... :)

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
Re: Just had to share ...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:46:16 am »
Nik what a great feeling!

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:22:40 am »
Congratulations Nik - there is something so wonderful in being able to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:33:25 am »
Nik I had the same feeling when I made Chelsea's wraps. I had never thought that they were something you could whip up in your own kitchen, let alone so easily. I haven't tried the jam yet but am off Heaven Berry picking tomorrow so maybe I will.

Oh and Heaven Berries are the special name my son has given to the organic blueberries that we get from my girlfriend's sisters place. He doesn't like blueberries but he can't get enough of Heaven Berries!
Kerryn

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:39:20 am »
Nik, it is a lovely feeling when you have made something (in this case, everything) from scratch and my DH takes delight in telling visitors that I made everything on the table when that is the case and when he adds 'and even the butter' people are quite impressed and probably think, why would you make butter.  Why, because we can  ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 10:55:13 am »
It is a lovely feeling.  The first week I had my thermie I can remember sitting down to a simple but delicious lunch of homemade bread, homemade butter and homemade apricot jam.  I was so hugely impressed with my thermie (and myself). It just amazed me that I had produced them all from scratch. :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 04:53:58 pm »
Great news Nik that you are having such wonderful results in the TM. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 05:35:53 pm »
Thanks for all the encouragement - I am really enjoying my cooking and baking at the moment.  Am also seriously enjoying my eating too  :-[  Shall be trawling the board for healthy eating suggestions in a mo - particularly breakfasts as I really must lose weight before our big holiday in August!

Nik

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 06:41:41 pm »
Ooh, me too! Need to look good in my swimming cozzie for my trip to Fiji later this year. Must remember to stop eating naughty things, made in my TM, but of course!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 02:00:21 am »
I have been on the lookout for healthy recipes on here as well. There are way too many lovely cakes, desserts, creamy pastas etc. Sigh - LOL!!!

Good luck with your weight loss ladies.  I have just lost my 3rd kilo (4 more to go)! I am feeling really wonderful.  I have so much more energy and am sleeping really well at night now. My plan has been to cut right down on my servings (low calorie meals) and not to snack at all between meals.  I was pretty hungry (and crabby) for two days but my tummy quickly adjusted. I was just eating too much food and not exercising enough.  :)

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 02:25:09 am »
Nik which marmalade recipe did you use? just made my first batch of jam in my TMX now I'm off and running!

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 07:45:58 am »
Nik which marmalade recipe did you use? just made my first batch of jam in my TMX now I'm off and running!

I used this one

http://www.ukthermomix.com/recshow.php?rec_id=42

Nik

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 08:45:29 am »
great news nik...i always wanted to makeall my own food stuffs pre THX but it always seemed so complicatd and time consuming so rarely bothered...until i got the thermoimix...it is definately a huge plus to own one and finally make all the things i wanted to make and so much more!!  Have been buying alot less premade goods also which is great for several reasons, financially among others but the most important to me that my kids and DH are eating more naturally ie less sugar, salt, preservatives and who knows what else they put in premade foods...love it!!  good luck with conintued enjoyment of thermomix cooking  :) :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 11:23:04 am »
Well done Nik - your enthusiasm is infectious!!!!!!!  I hope that Chelsea's weight loss success is as contagious!!!!  :)  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 12:27:39 pm »
Well done Nik - your enthusiasm is infectious!!!!!!!  I hope that Chelsea's weight loss success is as contagious!!!!  :)  :D

Yeah me too - have a good 2 1/2 stone to lose (around 35 lb)

Nik