Author Topic: Hi - Nicola in UK  (Read 5201 times)

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
Hi - Nicola in UK
« on: November 01, 2010, 07:28:13 am »
Hi all, as the subject says, I'm Nicola and I live in the UK (South Coast)
I've been looking at the Thermy for a while now (I have almost every other kitchen gadget ....) and at the weekend bit the bullet and ordered one.  I'm so excited it comes tomorrow.

I have three boys (8,5 and 2), the older ones are on the autistic spectrum so I like to give them an additive free diet as possible.  The oldest is medically underweight so also needs a very high calorie diet, however their behaviour is very challenging and finding the time to make meals from scratch is getting harder and harder.  Never mind finding the time for biscuits and cakes.  (although lets face it, its the clearing up that's really the problem!) <G>

Anyway looking forward to getting Thelma tomorrow (can I call her that?) and hoping that you people can help me out on my learning curve.

Good to meet you all

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline Rogizoja

• View Profile
Re: Hi - Nicola in UK
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:15:35 am »
Hi Nicola in UK, welcome to the forum.  I'm also in UK - Rob, demonstrator in Windlesham, just down the road from Thermomix UK HQ. You can name your Thermomix anything you want and Thelma sounds good to me. Mine is called Bimbo (my wife says I should have at least one girl in the kitchen whose buttons I know how to press!) Another name I like is Whitney - makes sweet music sometimes with a loud voice.

I know you'll enjoy using Thelma to produce tasty, nutiritious food for your boys. Keep coming back to this forum - it's a great place for insprational ideas.  Have fun.
If music be the food of love, play a tune on your Thermomix for your loved ones.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:20:09 am »
Welcome. I'm sure you'll find Thelma very helpful.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 08:25:20 am »
Hi Nik and welcome to the forum.I'm also from the U.K, Buckinghamshire.Great news that you have ordered your TM, you will have fun cooking from scratch to help your family's dietary needs.There are wonderful people on here who will help you with any problems.Good luck tomorrow when Thelma arrives. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 09:53:21 am »
Welcome N1968 - with regular use I am sure you will find your TM as indispensable as we do. We hope you find this forum helpful and inspiring. We also look forward to trying out any converted recipes if you find the time  :)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 09:58:52 am »
Hi Nicola, welcome to the forum.  You will love it here as we all do and the TMX will be able to solve some of your problems in the kitchen - eg washing up, making cakes and biscuits so quickly and the speed at which you can whip up your meals and know exactly what is in them.  Have fun with your Thelma.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 12:37:19 pm »
Welcome Nicola. Hope your TMX really helps your time poor status.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 01:20:22 pm »
Thanks for the great welcome everyone.

I'm so excited its untrue!!

I forgot to say that we are also caravanners, although we've stopped for the Winter.  When we start again in the Spring I shall probably be taking Thelma with me as there's only so much you can eat from the BBQ.

We have a full hob and oven in the 'van but that's far too much like being at home ....  ;D

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 01:30:18 pm »
Hi Nicola

Welcome to the Forum - it's an amazing place to be and I've found everyone on here so helpful.

It's great that there are more UK Forum members on here - maybe we should think of having a UK get-together!  :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 11:04:24 pm »
Welcome to the Forum Nik, hope you have great fun with your TMX.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 04:56:53 am »
Hi and welcome Nik. I'm sure the Thermomix will be able to help with the cooking and cleaning up.
We are also caravanners (Perth Western Australia) and love travelling around. I always take my TMX. It make sthe cooking so much easier.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 08:53:55 am »
Hi Nicola,  Welcome to the forum.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 03:24:21 am »
Belated welcome - looks like you'e been busy here  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.