Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9029056 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #22320 on: April 22, 2014, 04:52:52 am »
That looks tasty and a cheap nutritious meal.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22321 on: April 22, 2014, 04:57:36 am »
Only 161 cals Gert.  Whole recipe is supposed to serve 6 but I think 1/2 recipe will serve 6 in this house so even less calories for me - although not with the added Parmesan LOL
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:31:11 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #22322 on: April 22, 2014, 09:07:16 am »
Watched Poh's Kitchen today. They cooked gnocchi, Gorgonzola and walnuts. Inspiration!

I have from the pantry a packet of long life tiny gnocchi which is out of date, an out of date crock of  Stilton cheese in the fridge and a half used packet of pecans from the pantry. Not only that but in the freezer was some cream now defrosting. Yup. Tomorrow's meal done and dusted.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #22323 on: April 22, 2014, 09:47:53 am »
Gert, you are inspiring me to keep going with cleaning out my freezer.  So far I have used up pork (pulled pork) from forum, turkey drumsticks (did those in pressure cooker) sausage rolls, but as far as the pantry goes I took a look, then shut the door again.  My trouble is I see a recipe and think yes I will make that, then buy the ingredients, then forget what I bought the ingredients for so they end up in the pantry.   ??? ???

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22324 on: April 22, 2014, 09:51:21 am »
My trouble is I see a recipe and think yes I will make that, then buy the ingredients, then forget what I bought the ingredients for so they end up in the pantry.   ??? ???
Me too Marie :-))

Fantastic cooking everyone 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #22325 on: April 22, 2014, 09:54:35 am »
my pantry is so full, I found 8 cans of coconut cream.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #22326 on: April 22, 2014, 11:32:53 am »
Gert, you are inspiring me to keep going with cleaning out my freezer.  So far I have used up pork (pulled pork) from forum, turkey drumsticks (did those in pressure cooker) sausage rolls, but as far as the pantry goes I took a look, then shut the door again.  My trouble is I see a recipe and think yes I will make that, then buy the ingredients, then forget what I bought the ingredients for so they end up in the pantry.   ??? ???

Exactly right . Do. I need 8 different vinegars?

Gert

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #22327 on: April 22, 2014, 11:34:21 am »
my pantry is so full, I found 8 cans of coconut cream.

OMG I feel ill? I have only 2 left thank goodness. I eat coconut anything and I have to be within 20 minutes of a loo.

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22328 on: April 22, 2014, 11:40:34 am »
Since buying the thermomix I now have extra flours, different rices, different sugars and I'm sure other things as well. I enjoy using the different bits and pieces. I know what I have in the pantry pretty well. That doesn't mean it is tidy though.

Today I made a biscuit base for a cake, a mousse to put in it and a cake for the top. It is going to be a giant Tim Tam I hope. Tomorrow I will assemble it and put the ganache over it. Hopefully it turns out.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22329 on: April 22, 2014, 11:47:43 am »
Today I made a biscuit base for a cake, a mousse to put in it and a cake for the top. It is going to be a giant Tim Tam I hope. Tomorrow I will assemble it and put the ganache over it. Hopefully it turns out.
Wow Cookie that sounds a very decadent recipe :D :D :D
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22330 on: April 22, 2014, 11:51:46 am »
I've done a bit of cheating CC. Like using low fat products and not as much chocolate as the recipe.  ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22331 on: April 22, 2014, 11:57:11 am »
Very wise Cookie :D :D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #22332 on: April 22, 2014, 11:57:54 am »

Gert
I can't think of eight vinegars. White, brown, rice wine, white wine, balsamic, apple cider......what are the other two?

Today the Cadbury crunchy bunny from Easter got it. I crushed him up and folded it through a batch of EDC icecream. I'm sure the children won't notice, right?

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22333 on: April 22, 2014, 12:11:04 pm »

Gert
I can't think of eight vinegars. White, brown, rice wine, white wine, balsamic, apple cider......what are the other two?

Sherry and red wine :D :D :D Could add raspberry  :D :D :D :D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #22334 on: April 22, 2014, 12:18:11 pm »
Oh my CC, your on the ball. Well done. Have just checked my pantry and I own 6 of them 😛