Author Topic: Demo  (Read 11191 times)

Offline Kayemaree

• View Profile
Demo
« on: November 12, 2018, 10:49:28 pm »
Hi all
I am about to have my first Demo - Hubby is very reluctant on a thermie through.
What can I do to get him across the line ?  How many demos did you have before purchase ?

Kaye 

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: Demo
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 11:09:21 pm »
Kay,
My husband got sick of me talking about it and did it for me.  We have never looked back. Now there are even more recipes around. That was 8 years ago.  It is hard to justify the money until   you are benefiting.
To be honest I think they try to be to quick with the demos and don’t develop the flavours, heaps of great recipes here once you commit.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 10:50:30 am »
I was fortunate in that my DH tasted creamed rice from the thermomix and was immediately sold and nagged until I had a demo. 
About 6 or 7 years after I bought my first thermomix I did a review about how much I had saved just by making my own bread. I had more than paid for the machine.
I love the fact that I make everything from scratch and for soups and similar things they can be wizzed up quickly.
Is there anything your husband enjoys a lot? Maybe the thermomix makes it.
Good luck. Have a look through the recipes on here and think about what he may enjoy. I learnt so much from this forum and the lovely people on it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 02:45:18 am »
My DH had reservations, but I hauled him along to a demo and he saw some, though not all, of the benefits immediately and was happy for me to buy one.  He has since become a real convert and uses it a couple of times a week - we have two - the other one is up in the country and it gets a real work out every weekend when I do my week's cooking in a couple of hours.  For us, time saving and versatility were huge selling points.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.