Author Topic: Chocolate Chip Cookies: Recipe Review TM5 UK Cookbook page 354  (Read 3586 times)

Offline I Love TM

• View Profile
Chocolate Chip Cookies: Recipe Review TM5 UK Cookbook page 354
« on: November 29, 2014, 09:47:56 am »
I made these last night using the recipe chip again.  They were extremely easy to make and were a tasty, soft-with-a-crunchy-outside cookie.

They didn't come out looking as good as in the picture - they ended spreading into quite odd shapes.  I would recommend rolling them into a ball rather than just shaping with 2 teaspoons.  They also flatten a lot while baking.

I have frozen some of them to bake fresh when we have visitors sometime so will update when I serve them.

For the chocolate I acutally used an old Easter egg i found in the back of the cupboard (reduced after Easter!) It was ideal.  
Linked CC
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:48:47 pm by Cornish Cream »

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Chocolate Chip Cookies: Recipe Review TM5 UK Cookbook page 354
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 07:55:06 pm »
I might give these a try today. I enjoy cooking with the chip. I'm thinking it might be a treat for kids if I freeze already rolled biscuit dough for them to cook when they feel like a hot biscuit

Offline I Love TM

• View Profile
Re: Chocolate Chip Cookies: Recipe Review TM5 UK Cookbook page 354
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 11:39:54 am »
I have served the batch that i had frozen, and make 2 new batches since then!  I love this recipe.  The frozen ones came out the best of all.  I defrosted them for a few hours, but they were still chilled enough to keep their shape slightly better.  I like to cook them for 9-10 minutes and leave to rest for around 5 minutes.  My visitors loved them and most people had 2nd helpings!

If its for serving to company, i would hand chop the chocolate as it looks a bit better.  Or use bought chocolate chips.