Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 371285 times)

Offline turando

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #795 on: September 14, 2014, 12:38:07 pm »
It made sense to have the consultants get them first. They need them to demos to sell them. And it needed to be ready for them on the launch day if they expect them to 'earn' their machine during September. I speak as a consultant so that is my perspective.

BTW the payment email you get is not being processed by HO. We are now inputting all the details into the online system and the email is going out to customers. So it still hasn't necessarily been processed by HO even though payment is taken out. That's what I assume anyways.

Offline PaulsTinopener

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 14, 2014, 12:46:49 pm »
To the "shopping" in Germany: yes and no  ;)
You can buy spare parts in the online shop, also the books and the brand new chips. You can't buy the TMX online at the Vorwerksite. I have heard, that the is a huge store in Hamburg, where you buy the TMX directly, but I am not sure if that information is correct. Sometimes you can buy the TMX directly on special fairs. But the "normal way" ist, like everywhere else, you buy it at the TR.

For those buys, who ordered the TM31 but never received one (like me) Vorwerk made the offer, that you pay 90 Euro more and the order is transferred into an order for the TM5. We were told, that we should be preferred withe the delivery. But to be honest, I doubt that. At the hotline I was told, they start shipping at the 22.09.14 And it will take 10 -14 days to be at my home. As far I have seen postings in the Internet it seems quite a lot of people got different information. I will let you know, when my TM5 finally arrived. Ordered at the 15.08.14...  :-))

Vorwerk made a special offer, ordering a TM31 before the 22.08.14: you get a second bowl and 2 books for free. But only when you have your cooking event within 3 months after ordering. We, who have ordered in that time, get that offer transferred to the TM5. So, after I made my cooking with the girls, I will get a second complete(!) bowl for the TM5 for free and 2 books as well. Which is quite nice  :) :)
There seems to be no special offer for those who bought and received the TM31 shorty before the new one. What is not nice.

My problem will be that cooking-event as my TR didn't answered my last mail... The whole process, luck of information etc and the not communikation with that TR(she has sold the TMX, so why should she bother?  ;D) is starting to anoy me quite a lot....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:48:45 pm by PaulsTinopener »

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 14, 2014, 12:48:29 pm »
Hello everyone.  It's been a long time since I was on here, and it's lovely to see all the familiar names again.  I guess this new model has everyone excited, I know it's got me intrigued too.  Can someone please verify if it is quieter than the TM31.  A really honest opinion please.  I am sooooo tempted, not so much for the ability of the chip, but the noise factor.
Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #798 on: September 14, 2014, 12:51:09 pm »
Lovely to hear from you again. Welcome back. From memory, Chookie did not find much difference in noise levels.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #799 on: September 14, 2014, 12:52:15 pm »
Turnado, it might be an online system but TMX au dictates the terms and conditions of payment.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #800 on: September 14, 2014, 12:53:20 pm »
PaulTinopener, are you saying you got a free bowl with TM5? Wow! You got a good deal!!!

Offline PaulsTinopener

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 14, 2014, 12:57:38 pm »
Yes, I am getting a free bowl and 2 books. After the event. Which might become a problem with perhaps having no TR anymore :)

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #802 on: September 14, 2014, 01:04:15 pm »
What is TR?

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 14, 2014, 01:06:11 pm »
Hello everyone.  It's been a long time since I was on here, and it's lovely to see all the familiar names again.  I guess this new model has everyone excited, I know it's got me intrigued too.  Can someone please verify if it is quieter than the TM31.  A really honest opinion please.  I am sooooo tempted, not so much for the ability of the chip, but the noise factor.
The TM5 is noisy when grinding grains.The signal when a program or method is finished is quieter but I live in an old cottage and not open plan living where noise does travel more.I would attend a Demo to can assess the noise level yourself. I hope this has helped you.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 01:25:32 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline PaulsTinopener

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 14, 2014, 01:11:40 pm »
TR= Thermomix Representative

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 14, 2014, 01:43:52 pm »
Thankyou courton and Chookie,  I'll have to book in to a demo and see for myself.  Exciting times ahead.
Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 14, 2014, 02:25:24 pm »
courton: What I mean is don't take the payment being taken as an indication that anything is happening at HO with the order.

I didn't find it 'significantly' quieter. I ground up some chocolate pieces before and it was super loud as it normally is. Can't remember if it was quieter than doing the same thing in the TM31 but I really don't think it's a huge difference between the two. For normal things like mixing etc it may be a little bit quieter.

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 14, 2014, 02:26:18 pm »
My 6 year old did say 'oh that's nice' to the sound when the time is up lol.

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 14, 2014, 02:39:01 pm »
PaulsTinopener
Where are you from??
Is that for everyone that offer that purchased the thermomix before 22-8 around the world or just where your from?
I havnt heard of this deal at all.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #809 on: September 14, 2014, 03:06:12 pm »
From what I've read, those who purchased a TM31 just prior to release of the TM5 will receive a second bowl and blade set for free.

I had my demo today and the TM5 is awesome!! I love the guided recipes and the way it just starts and stops when it should. The indicator signal is delightfully melodic and so much quieter. Can't wait to get my machine!!

I took my older sister along and she's very sceptical. She went there with the notion that there was no way she would ever buy something like that. Within 10 minutes she wanted one.  :D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand