Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 371358 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #750 on: September 12, 2014, 11:58:57 am »
Especially as a new blade bowl set rrp is $400...AND no need to have another demo! That to me is better than a discounted initial price.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 12, 2014, 12:15:49 pm »
I reckon it is too. Very hard to draw a line in the sand and please everyone.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 12, 2014, 12:27:10 pm »
Yep what a great deal. I finally bought my second bowl set in august and paid $395. Like everyone else my 2yo tm31 is now worth less than it was before the new model came out. You won't hear me complaining. My machine is priceless to me. Well done HO. Hoping this pleases people and we can get back to normality.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 12, 2014, 12:50:21 pm »
I agree with you all. It is certainly a very good offer. I think the longevity of the TM 5 should be fine Hally. There is no reason why it shouldn't be. I think there will be a lot of noise if there isn't. They are similar machines in many ways.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 12, 2014, 01:01:15 pm »
The free BBL set offer is great and I think going back to 1st of July is good too rather than just August. I really think people need to calm down a bit. I don't bother reading anymore most of it as it just seems like no-one is happy. Apparently a customer of mine who I sold to last December was upset at me a bit. She didn't msg me but someone else told me. I think that's a bit ridiculous.

One thing to consider also is that if TM had announced the new model months in advance it would have killed their sales. Whilst that may not affect Thermomix itself it would affect the incomes of many of their consultants whose sole income is their TM business. Not everyone has a second income to fall back on. It's kind of a lose lose situation either for consultants or customers.

I know Canada has announced it months in advance but do they have consultants like we do?

Offline Shellbo

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 12, 2014, 01:15:41 pm »
A good outcome from thermomix...obviously some people will still complain, but they will regardless.
Why didn't these people do a bit of research beforehand, and they would have seen there were very strong whispers of a new model. Surely if it's going to be such a disaster to have an old model you would wait and see if the whispers were true.
I would love to hear some feedback on the new model for those that have had a chance to play with it....

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 12, 2014, 01:22:11 pm »
I agree with you all. It is certainly a very good offer. I think the longevity of the TM 5 should be fine Hally. There is no reason why it shouldn't be. I think there will be a lot of noise if there isn't. They are similar machines in many ways.

I think the bowl offer is fantastic, once you  have 2 you realize how 2 is so much easier.

Just worried about the computer parts, I find things with computers in don't seem to stand the test of time, or it could be me the user.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 12, 2014, 01:40:04 pm »
Shellbo, Cornish Cream in the UK seems to be the only person who has had her T5 delivered.  She's  made a couple of things in hers so if you click on her name you can check through her postings to see what she's done.

Achookwoman used one last weekend and cooked the same things in the TM31 and the T5 to compare differences,  Perhaps try and find her postings too.  
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 02:56:16 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 12, 2014, 01:53:48 pm »
Just came back from a demo for the new TM. To be honest the things that have changed I don't particularly like. I've owned my TM for 5 years, use it constantly and am very happy with it.

The whole process seems to take longer. There is a safety timeout when the machine finishes and it is annoying when you are used to quickly opening the machine and now there is a small delay. The consultant kept having trouble with placing the lid on, so it would error, and have to be repositioned.

The screen would take a little while to get used to - now with the knobs and buttons it is so quick. I am not used to screens in the kitchen, and they need turning on, waiting so you can program it. We had recipes using the chips, all fairly straight forward, but not a function that is really necessary. DH pointed out that in the future you could save favourite recipes to your chip and all the family could easily cook. This would be very handy if multiple family members used the TM.

For us I could not see any reason to upgrade. The new machine does not have any more functions that I want or need. To me the screen is plain unnecessary, However, my 2 nieces and daughter will be buying one. Technology is wildly attractive to them  ;D bottom line, a great machine regardless of the model.

Offline thenorthern

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 12, 2014, 02:36:45 pm »
I'm also interested to see the longevity of the TM5 - I've ordered one and just hope any problems will happen during the warranty period. However, the TM31 has a computer in it, too, with a screen and buttons and a dial that all fail people (error messages, screens moving etc) so I'm not particularly concerned about that. The unit isn't logically more susceptible to a fault in that sense, the touch screen itself aside. Power surges, errors etc are still a problem in the old model... The mechanical arms, however, could pose a problem if they wear. Although I have never really loved the way the lid locks onto the TM31, I always felt like that mechanism could break too. So I guess what I'm trying to say is I HOPE it will be fine.

I absolutely cannot believe the way people are behaving in the comments of Thermomix announcing the extra bowl for new owners. People are getting ridiculous. Someone is always going to be unhappy, that was the problem with launching it at all - someone missed out the day/week/month before, even if they gave a year's notice. Now people are unhappy their June purchase doesn't qualify. They will never please everyone and the entitlement to a gift by so many people who missed out is amazing to me.

Sorry to be such a negative nancy. I just can't wait for my TM5 and while admittedly I'm one of the lucky ones, I'm getting second hand embarrassment being a thermomix owner.
Soon to be owner from Melbourne, Australia.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 12, 2014, 10:50:21 pm »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 12, 2014, 11:21:44 pm »
It is a good article, Maddy.  Thanks for the link . . .(must admit the disclaimer made me smile . . . ;) )

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 12, 2014, 11:25:32 pm »
great article Maddy.

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 13, 2014, 01:36:15 am »
I agree with it entirely maddy, thanks for the link.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 13, 2014, 01:45:49 am »
Interesting, just saw 3 TM5s on ebay, which state the recipes are in Spanish, so maybe the chips do come in different languages??
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/THERMOMIX-TM5-WITH-ALL-ACCESORIES-AND-TRANSPARENT-VAROMA-NEW-2-YEARS-WARRANTY-/400769890643?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item5d4fbf3953
:D