Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 371042 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #690 on: September 10, 2014, 09:54:35 am »
I Love Tm - i guess you are bit far from Melbourne, Australia to become my consultant  ;D

Michelle, I read somewhere that it's up to the company if they agree to transferring the warranty - not sure if that's correct or not.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 10, 2014, 10:17:32 am »
I checked this situation with UK Head Office yesterday because I was under the impression that the warranty couldn't be transferred.  I was wrong and certainly in the UK any warranty left to run is transferred to the new owner.

Nik xx

HO says "sorry" in an update to an article on news.com.au ..... http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/thermomix-tm5-launches-in-secret-and-customers-are-not-happy/story-fneuz5ql-1227052897047

Why is it that warranties can't be transferred if  machines change hands? Is that restriction legal I wonder?

I can't see why you can't transfer the warranty - you can on cars.
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 10, 2014, 10:32:17 am »
Well said Gert, if we can Suss it out , they should of been up front and said a new one was on the way.

Lordy give me strength. I cannot believe  the naitivity of some people.  This is like a nightmare of stupid. Are we Australians  thus?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #693 on: September 10, 2014, 10:33:55 am »
ACA did do a segment on it. Probably forced TMX HO aust to provide the "sorry" announcement.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 10, 2014, 10:39:23 am »
Did see it...no revelations that hasn't already been expressed.
Was shocked ACA ran a story that didn't revolve around fat sucking underwear & weight loss...wait a minute, there was a weight loss story  :-))
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #695 on: September 10, 2014, 10:40:19 am »
 :D Maddy! I'm so over the whole thing right now. Sick of it clogging up my FB feed!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 10, 2014, 11:01:51 am »
I Love Tm - i guess you are bit far from Melbourne, Australia to become my consultant  ;D

Michelle, I read somewhere that it's up to the company if they agree to transferring the warranty - not sure if that's correct or not.

Thanks Wonder, I bought an 8 month old Toyota corolla and the warranty was transferred.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #697 on: September 10, 2014, 11:10:46 am »
Well it certainly gives us something to read. Love your honest cookie and Nikkit 😘

Wonder, I have a consultant that is in Lara. She would be happy to sell you one without a demo. Pm me if you want her details.

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 10, 2014, 12:06:48 pm »
Here is the segment on ACA tonight
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8904015/cult-kitchen-appliance-thermomix-whips-up-anger

And no you cant transfer over the warranty. My friend sold hers to another friend and if anything goes wrong she has to contact the friend she bought it from to get it fixed. :(

Offline Shellbo

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 10, 2014, 12:17:29 pm »
And what amazing  advertising this is now for thermomix. An enormous number of people going public about this great machine and the bad way the company launched a fantastic new model

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #700 on: September 10, 2014, 12:25:46 pm »
And what amazing  advertising this is now for thermomix. An enormous number of people going public about this great machine and the bad way the company launched a fantastic new model

Lol, yes that is so true. There is nothing wrong with the product at all. Just the company for the way the announced it :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 10, 2014, 12:31:00 pm »
I actually don't think Thermomix will be overly concerned. I think they knew there would be a backlash and planned for all current lovers of the TMX to upgrade during the next two months while the price is lower and then over the normally very busy Christmas/New Year period the initial hype will have died down and new buyers will once again be buying. I'm sure they weren't expecting quite the degree of bad exposure but think they will be happy with all the free publicity it's bringing them. They will have spread the name further then they've managed in the last few years. Just my thoughts.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 10, 2014, 12:45:53 pm »
I agree Wonder. It is all publicity.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Shellbo

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 10, 2014, 12:58:11 pm »
Has anyone compared the noise of the two? I'm wondering if there is much of a difference??

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #704 on: September 10, 2014, 03:05:18 pm »
According to ACA, it's a 'cult kitchen appliance'. Ooh! I'm a part of a cult!   :D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand