Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368811 times)

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #660 on: September 09, 2014, 10:05:15 pm »
Oh golly Paulstinopener, I was not aware of that, apologies all.  That didn't seem to be the feeling at my group meeting yesterday.  But then my German is awful so perhaps I missed that... :( Well this is perhaps more of a disaster than I realised.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #661 on: September 10, 2014, 01:01:17 am »
You can't compare this mess of a launch to cars and iPhone launches. Most other brands build up the excitement of the next model before the new ones hit the stores. In fact, technology brand hypes up their products/software even when they are not ready. Think Microsoft with their beta launches.

Many brands offer their older models at clearance prices. Consumers are aware that they are buying a product that is going to be obsoleted, and make a decision to pay less or wait for  something with higher specs.

Grace, what were you thinking?!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 10, 2014, 01:23:42 am »
Essie I also have a HMP and a thermomix. You will find that Obbie and I have different opinions on the HMP. Whilst there is nothing wrong with the HMP I find the lack of scales annoying and I prefer the operating system of the thermomix. I have also ordered a TM5.
It depends what you want to use the machine for.
As Gert said HMP doesn't appear to have the back up that thermomix does.
Personally (and please don't shoot me down in flames) I am getting sick of the entire TM5 who ha. I feel that individuals who have been treated badly (and some have) should be able to make an agreement with Voework. My feelings only and please don't shoot the messenger.
I'm fed up. The facts are there and we have to work it out best for ourselves. Off my soap box.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 10, 2014, 01:27:32 am »
Love your honesty cookie, great post.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 10, 2014, 01:37:47 am »
Yes cookie, you're right. That's what it all boils down to - each purchase is individual and it needs to be taken up with your supplier for a resolution.

Is it correct that the UK have a special offer of 2 bowls with the new machine, plus it's only £1500?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 10, 2014, 02:06:57 am »
Grace, what were you thinking?!

$$$$$$$ She is a business woman after all!

Personally (and please don't shoot me down in flames) I am getting sick of the entire TM5 who ha. I feel that individuals who have been treated badly (and some have) should be able to make an agreement with Voework. My feelings only and please don't shoot the messenger.
I'm fed up. The facts are there and we have to work it out best for ourselves. Off my soap box.

Well said Cookie. I'm with you on this one. The whole thing has been a debacle and no matter what had happened or how it was launched - there would still be some unhappy people out there.

Put Ingredients in the top of either machine, twiddle dials, press buttons, stick your finger in your ears...either way they both still cook food.

Best I get off that soap box too Cookie!  ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 10, 2014, 02:08:49 am »
Now, this is interesting regarding the price of the TM5 after 31 Oct at $2500 (tho I don't know where they got their 'facts' from...)
http://www.essentialkids.com.au/forums/index.php?/topic/1137506-new-thermomix-model-released/page__st__25__hl__+thermomix#entry16520198
:D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 10, 2014, 03:01:18 am »
I wouldn't be surprised by that figure. You can't expect to pay the same price as the last one for the latest technology.  Just the same as you wouldn't pay the same price for a TM21 as you do for a TM31 even though both are made by the same company and heat, chop and mix.

I did raise my eyebrows at the comment that someone made that they haven't used their machine much at all and will probably sell now, as the meals she's made in it have been pretty bland.  .  Classic case of someone blaming the appliance for what she puts into the bowl.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 10, 2014, 03:12:01 am »
Nodding in agreement with your post Cookie.

So why isn't the RRP information available??  That secrecy isn't helping their image I would have thought.
I want to make the decision whether to purchase now or wait.  It's either a stupid plan or a brilliant one...will people rush in with orders for the introductory price now, in fear of a massive price hike?? 
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 10, 2014, 03:19:16 am »
Maddy, i think it's to get those current owners who are looking at upgrading to buy. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking I'll upgrade at a similar price to my original outlay, but for the higher price there just isn't enough differentiation to entice me.  Just looking now for someone who is having a demo I can attend.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 10, 2014, 03:32:31 am »
I've been invited to one down here on the 10th October....but really....I cannot wait that long!
Why not have one yourself Wonder?.....maybe I should too, what am I talking about?  just ignore me....talking to myself again  :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 10, 2014, 04:11:52 am »
I agree with you Cookie.  I am also over all this negativity that's flying around.  While I feel sorry for people who have just purchased, once they start using their machine they will see for themselves how great it is.  It's such a shame that HQ has handled the new launch so badly as it could have gone so smoothly.  I just hope that they see how bad it's been handled and rectify the issue.  I agree wholeheartedly with what Tenina wrote - you have a great machine - enjoy it!!!!!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 10, 2014, 04:27:11 am »
Maddy, I really don't have family or friends who are at all interested or who still don't think I'm crazy for buying the TM31, so I see it as a waste of a consultants and my time to have a demo when I know there won't be any sales out of it - apart from mine of course.  I'm hopeful of an invite to a demo, or that a consultant who is happy for a sale without a demo will contact me. The only thing I will really miss is not having two bowls again.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 10, 2014, 06:39:33 am »
I'm a demonstrator (now advisor) in the UK and I can promise you that, on the ground, demonstrators knew nothing about the new product until Friday evening.  As far as I'm aware the product was launched globally at the same time.

I would bet my life that team leaders new in advance but I dare say it wasn't too long a lead time.  For operational reasons they would have to have known in order to hit the ground running to support their team.

I spoke with a customer today that bought her machine in August and she's a little disappointed but reasonably pragmatic as the UK were offering a really great deal during August which she really wouldn't have got with a TM5.  I certainly haven't seen the backlash in the UK that seems to be happening in Australia.

We're not offering an introductory price on the TM5 here in the UK tho so perhaps that makes a difference.

I'm hoping my machine comes tomorrow.  I've only seen one briefly.  Can't wait ;D

Nik x

All very well when you are a hop skip and a swim from the source but the lead in time was much longer here and  we knew months before the release date. Some chose to believe it and others did not.

You don't get a machine from France in overnight post.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #674 on: September 10, 2014, 06:47:53 am »
More people should have joined forumthermomix and a they wouldn't be upset now!!

I've just put my order in. I've also emailed the area Branch Manager to ask about consulting. They're all flat out re-training everyone, so I don't expect to hear from her for a while.

Going to see it in action this Saturday!!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand