Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 370956 times)

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #645 on: September 09, 2014, 10:21:32 am »
Well that will make the unhappy people even more unhappy (and rightly so)

The consultants had to know what was happening at least a few weeks in advance - they didn't just wake up Saturday morning to find a TMX 5 on their doorstep.
I think some did and some didn't. I read somewhere that someone's MIL sold her TM31 beforehand and got the TM5 on the Sunday, so she must have known to know to sell it beforehand.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 09, 2014, 10:26:08 am »
Katie, i emailed, and rang my consultant to order, on Thursday, They did not know anything, but said ok, took the order, and  placed the order yesterday here, once it was released.

alot of consultants kept in the dark, training had to be done, to order, for  consultants, some knew, some didn't
still alot of bad backlash from customers,  now it is all over so many news sites, so much bad publicity.

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 09, 2014, 10:49:58 am »
Yes the bad publicity is shocking. So many people unhappy. TMX HO haven't handled it very well at all.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #648 on: September 09, 2014, 10:55:18 am »
TMX Australia has clearly mishandled the launch.  To organise a nation wide launch ( a mammoth task) and to pretend until the last minute that it was all rumours was naive marketing.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:58:21 am by courton »

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #649 on: September 09, 2014, 01:55:32 pm »
Must go and check out the tmx fb page. It's been very badly handled. I don't know where they they pulled that strategy from. But it's not good marketing practice.

On a plus side I'm buying another tm31. 2 months old and barely used as she has been overseas for the last month.

On a frustrating side I can't access my PM's. Silly TT!

Offline liturg

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 09, 2014, 01:55:52 pm »
Visited a meeting today and talked to the rop regional leader (european market). She confirmed that

• Max speed/Turbo has not changed – 10.700 RPM said to be a myth
• Heat source the same, not induction, also a myth – means same amount takes as long as with TM31, however a full pither takes longer since it is 10 % bigger

Must say I am a bit disappointed by this.

Also tried out the yoghurt program, and the blades were constantly spinning …

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 09, 2014, 03:26:35 pm »
Whilst there may have been some consultants who knew before others I do believe most did not know weeks in advance. I know I found out the week before and that was due to other reasons she told me which I'm grateful for but by that time it didn't matter as all new orders were going to be upgraded anyways. Speaking to some of the consultants I know they also did not know. Some totally didn't know and some knew a few days/week before. I think it depends on how close people were to their GL and how much they would tell. Some were very upset as they had upset customers on their hands and one had even sold to a good friend.

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 09, 2014, 04:03:55 pm »
Firstly can I say how grateful I am to this column. I have been tossing up between a TM and a HotPro Mix. It was this discussion that alerted me to the rumours (which proved to be true) and meant that I have been able to hold off my purchase.. So thank you all for your research.

I wonder now if you have any clues about the new price of TM after 1 November. I have asked both quite  senior consultant and HO directly, they will not release  the info.  I am wondering if you have to pay slightly more but get additional gifts...your thoughts, guesses? They have proved to be correct so far...  :)

Also I do not know anyone with the HotPro Mix, do you? What are their thoughts  about this as an alternative to TM?
Many thanks

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #653 on: September 09, 2014, 05:35:02 pm »
Hi everyone,
This is Sad to read.  I have been googling and reading all the negative press about Thermomix Australia.  It doesn't appear to have been handled so poorly here in Deutschland but I am keeping my ears open.  I would have been mortified had I sold a machine to someone one week before the new one was launched.
Those of us fortunate to have a Thermomix of any model know they joy they bring us.  It is sad that so many people are feeling such negativity and anger towards the company. From what I understand, Vorwerk stopped selling TM31 a couple of weeks ago with this in mind.

Let's think for a moment about cars.  How often do you buy a car and the next thing you know it has been superseded by the next model? It is life I suppose and no one is shouting at VW or Toyota.  I know of people who bought a new car towards the end of one month only to find the price slashed the following month.  It is sad but it does happen.

I do hope Thermomix Australia survive this, I am sure they will.  All publicity is good publicity and if nothing else, it will get more people talking, reading, researching and no doubt buying the TM5.

Xxxooo

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 09, 2014, 08:05:01 pm »
Well that will make the unhappy people even more unhappy (and rightly so)

The consultants had to know what was happening at least a few weeks in advance - they didn't just wake up Saturday morning to find a TMX 5 on their doorstep.

Exactly. Everyone is trying  to cover  their asspisdistra . People won't stop buying the Thermomix has great trusted technology , is unique and the service is there. Plus it is not made in a Chinese factory. The HMP is a great machine  but I fear not having the back up.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 09, 2014, 08:10:12 pm »
TMX Australia has clearly mishandled the launch.  To organise a nation wide launch ( a mammoth task) and to pretend until the last minute that it was all rumours was naive marketing.

Think about that one courten. Grace Mazur is the "company".  And naive in the extreme but you pay peanuts for  marketing people and you get monkeys.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline PaulsTinopener

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 09, 2014, 08:30:31 pm »
Hi everyone,
many greetings from Germany!
Leesmac, by now I would like to say after reading the german fb, it sounds in Germany as bad a here (apart from that we haven't had the whole thing in the news by now) Quite a lot of new customer are rather annoyed. I have bought mine on 15. August and was told as well, there is no new model. (I didn't believed because of the rumours I have read before, but it really doesn't matter to me.) My TM31 was not delivered and, as far as I know, it will not delivered at all.  First there was a delay from 1 week, then from 2 and it ended with a letter, saying there so many TM ordered, they can tell me the delievery date not before the 15. September. And I should not phone them. Ok, and now I am waiting for the magic mail/letter telling me the date my TM5 will arrive.

I have heard about "but cars and iPhones..." quite a lot by now. Yes, when I buy a new car and I leave the parking lot, I loose quite a lot only money within the first 100 meters. BUT, I normally know, when a new model will be hitting the market. Same with the iPhone.

I have the VR100, the small robot that hoovers the rooms without me being around (cool thing by the way ;)) and I know that there will be a new robot next week at Vorwerk. I have seen him already on TV.

So Vorwerk, you have done it with the VR100, why haven't you done it with the TM31/TM5? Now quite a lot customers (as it seems worldwide) are angry and quite a lot are thinking to sent their brandnew TM31 back within the first 14 days.

OMG! :-)) :-)) :-))

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 09, 2014, 09:26:32 pm »
I'm a demonstrator (now advisor) in the UK and I can promise you that, on the ground, demonstrators knew nothing about the new product until Friday evening.  As far as I'm aware the product was launched globally at the same time.

I would bet my life that team leaders new in advance but I dare say it wasn't too long a lead time.  For operational reasons they would have to have known in order to hit the ground running to support their team.

I spoke with a customer today that bought her machine in August and she's a little disappointed but reasonably pragmatic as the UK were offering a really great deal during August which she really wouldn't have got with a TM5.  I certainly haven't seen the backlash in the UK that seems to be happening in Australia.

We're not offering an introductory price on the TM5 here in the UK tho so perhaps that makes a difference.

I'm hoping my machine comes tomorrow.  I've only seen one briefly.  Can't wait ;D

Nik x
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 09, 2014, 09:35:16 pm »
Essie I have  HMP and a Thermomix, you can PM me. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 09, 2014, 10:02:43 pm »
I haven't read this thread since Saturday so not sure if anyone has seen this article which I came across today.  I also received an email from my consultant this morning who apologised to all her customers and said that she had had no prior knowledge of the new model.  Perhaps Voerwerk were trying to emulate Apple by keeping everything under wraps then making the big release announcement. 

Despite all the hype, I am really happy with my good old TM31, which changed my cooking life totally, and feel no need at all to upgrade.

It is sad and disappointing for those of you who purchased in August and feel 'ripped off', and rightly so.  I think TMX has not handled this whole affair at all ethically, but it seems that is what we must expect from big business these days ... some say it is psychopathic behaviour and I am tending to believe them.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.