Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 370774 times)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #600 on: September 09, 2014, 01:44:37 am »
Chookie, an apology for incorrect info about butterfly has been lodged on FB.
Denise

stacelee

« Reply #601 on: September 09, 2014, 02:39:15 am »
They have definately upset a lot of people....there is now a Thermomix Unhappy Customers page on facebook and there are some very negative comments on their facebook page.  It will be interesting to follow the fallout on social media regarding their lack of openess and how they respond.  I'm trying to resist temptation....I've been told that I'm allowed a different model :)...but this one is so new and shiny :P

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #602 on: September 09, 2014, 02:52:31 am »
Chookie, an apology for incorrect info about butterfly has been lodged on FB.
Bedlam,  no need to apologise.  The butterfly was the first thing I looked at. 
I have since been told officially that none of the extra bits fit the 5.  Didn't try the basket , but it looked the same.  However if it isn't exactly right,  it might touch the blades.  I did try the Varoma and it almost fitted, but not 100 percent. Which is not good enough for a steamer.
Michele,  very nice to see you back. 
Can't wait to have another play.
Someone asked about the time to reach a temperature.  We did test this and with the soup ,  they both reached the same temps at the same time.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 09, 2014, 02:55:00 am »
How lovely to hear from you Mich and Lee. Thanks for the photos Lee. Bedlam thermomix Australia Facebook is pure vitriol.

I have ordered mine. DH said it was a good idea and of course I couldn't resist. The lovely Meagan is doing it for me.
I watched the YouTube of the comparison this morning. Actually I couldn't stand the noise in the background, the ums and the poor preparation to do it and turned it off before the end.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline zebby

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 09, 2014, 03:13:09 am »
What a shame the butterfly and varoma don't fit. Speaks volumes really!

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 09, 2014, 03:19:58 am »
Lucky, lucky you Cookie and Mich 😃

Maddy, I'm not having THAT conversation with myself. Just can't afford it 😢 My 31 is still a marvellous invention 💗 So I will just have to watch my friends play with their new toys from afar 😁

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 09, 2014, 03:37:40 am »
I understand people being peed off being blatantly lied to but really we all knew here there was New model . The consultants are in the Thermomix business and as such they should have seen and read the signs. So really no matter how much they protest  I  do not believe for a minute they did no know. It defies logic. And if there was one or two that were nay Sayers and in total denial then they probably should not be selling the machine.  

And of course why would Vorwerk make a new machine with interchangeable parts?  It is their business. Their  marketing  certainly needs updating and the direct selling method is very  much out of date these days. At least they have finally entered the social media age. When they enter the US market things will change again. There will be chips and chips and chips for sale. I think the chip is a brilliant marketing tool and it locks out everyone else. Just business and a very good business.

Gert

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 04:16:30 am by judydawn »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

stacelee

« Reply #607 on: September 09, 2014, 03:59:42 am »
Anyone noticed how many "Guests" are currently on the forum.  There has been a link to this discussion posted on the unhappy thermomix customer's page.  It would be nice if some of the guests become members....maybe the helpfulness of this forum might reduce some of the sting of the new machine.  I know that reading through here really helped me get the most out of my machine 4 years ago.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #608 on: September 09, 2014, 04:21:50 am »
Just curious. Is it TMX Aus who followed the method of selling  TM31 without letting customers know about the new model  or has this happened in other countries also?

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 09, 2014, 04:32:08 am »
I have ordered mine, last Thursday, I was told up to 2 weeks to get it here.

http://www.mamamia.com.au/rogue/thermomix-new-model-2014>

The back lash on social media is huge.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 04:42:16 am by judydawn »
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 09, 2014, 05:10:59 am »
Leesmac,  in your avatar you appear to have 2 TMXs already. Is this your third one? I loved reading your detailed description of your encounter with TM5 BTW.

I must change that avatar actually.  It was a period of a a few weeks when we had two, due to a repair of my own and a loan of one from my group leader.  Hopefully Ed doesn't eBay the old one too quickly so we will once again have two, it really is handy.  In fact we did contemplate purchasing a second hand tm31 or tm21 as an extra but somehow that idea fell away.

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 09, 2014, 05:13:14 am »
Well i had my consultant come and have a look at the mooving lcd screen when varoma button is pushed and also why its not heating correctly. I made shepherds pie 2 nights ago and placed potatoes in varoma and put it on for 20min but it never reached the varoma temp. so potatoes were still hard.
My consultant also tried putting the temp on 100°C for 10 min on soft spoon and the temp didnt start going up until it was 6min to go. then it stayed at 37° C until she put speed up to 4 and the temp went up which was really weird.
my consultant said its only 3 weeks old. It gets picked up tomorrow.  I have a reason to be mad on so many levels now. But its not just those 2 thing wrongs with it theres a few. when speed is turned up and liquid is in its making a reving sound and the blade rubber is loose. lol It can only happen to me. :(

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 09, 2014, 05:13:27 am »
Just curious. Is it TMX Aus who followed the method of selling  TM31 without letting customers know about the new model  or has this happened in other countries also?

I mentioned this last night actually to my group leader.  Evidently they stopped selling the old model only a couple of weeks ago but only the new one is available now. I think it got.a bit lost I in my awful German, as I was trying to ascertain whether people were unhappy.  I will put on my monocle and investigate further.....

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 09, 2014, 05:17:58 am »
ItCook, perhaps you will end up with the new model afterall.  Surely that would be a win situation for you?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 09, 2014, 05:20:04 am »
yes it would but by the sounds of it they will only repair. Im going to push the fact its only 3 weeks old though and my consultant is helping. I wanted to take it away with me on holidays but it will be in probably getting repaired :(