Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 370774 times)

Offline Leontine

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #555 on: September 07, 2014, 03:07:04 pm »
TM5 side by side with TM31: http://youtu.be/sS7CYtOupd4

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #556 on: September 07, 2014, 03:49:37 pm »
Dear all,

Do you know anything regarding:

• Temperature precision (1 or 5 °C increments) and to what max temp,
• Higher blade speed/RPM,
• Heat source, induction?

Those are my only big issues with the TM31

All the best,
J

Starts at 37º,40ºonwards in 5º increments (for some reason also including 98º) up to 120º
40RPM to 10700RPM
Induction
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Fenix

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #557 on: September 07, 2014, 04:09:02 pm »
TM5 side by side with TM31: http://youtu.be/sS7CYtOupd4

ugggggh I just wanted to punch that guy in the face, what a negative nancy..... we get it.... it's HEAPS similar.

People who paid full price two weeks ago definitely have a valid point that it's frustrating because:
a) Now the TM31 is $300 cheaper
b) The option of the latest model would have been nice

I definitely agree that they seem very very similar and even though I'm a tech nerd I do wonder about the longevity of those locking arms and a touch screen display in the kitchen. But it's still a no brainer that as a new purchaser I'd go the latest model, if anything goes wrong I'll rely on the warranty :)

If you were really counting your chips then there's no better time to pickup a TM31, it's 90% the same machine for probably 30% less $$$

Offline liturg

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 07, 2014, 09:25:15 pm »
Dear all,

Do you know anything regarding:

• Temperature precision (1 or 5 °C increments) and to what max temp,
• Higher blade speed/RPM,
• Heat source, induction?

Those are my only big issues with the TM31

All the best,
J

Starts at 37º,40ºonwards in 5º increments (for some reason also including 98º) up to 120º
40RPM to 10700RPM
Induction

Thank you for the information, Meagan!

I find it really strange that they have kept the precision at 5 °C, because it cannot be a question of technology. Seems like they don’t trust that the consumers can handle the many more options?

Also a big disappointment with the blade speed. This means that one still needs a high speed blender for some purposes – would have been nice if the TM5 could replace it.

Induction sounds promising though – has anybody done a comparison in heating speed?

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 07, 2014, 11:04:47 pm »
Chookie, thanks so much on what was a busy day for you, to document and photograph the machines working side by side.  I enjoyed your review.  :D

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 07, 2014, 11:13:59 pm »
Leonine, thanks for the video, perhaps the new buyers of the old model will now not be so disappointed .

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 08, 2014, 12:24:05 am »
That bloke in the comparison video.... :-))  the consultant in the background who couldn't show her face...  :-))
I think they couldn't wait to make the video as soon ss they got it out of the box as he didn't seem capable of talking about much more than a couple of basic things. Bells and whistles, bells and whistles over and over - not prepared at all about giving a really thorough comparison as a result of lack of knowledge.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 08, 2014, 01:10:24 am »
Was good to see them side by side in that video. I am not too keen on anything bigger, plus I have the carry bag for tm31. Will wait and hear what people think of the noise difference (sounds like no major difference). I am interested to see how well the robot arms last too.

The recipe chip at first didn't interest me at all, although DH thinks that's very cool. But thinking about it, I reckon my son would love following a recipe step by step on the screen, and maybe he could cook me dinner for a change!!

There are a few second hand tm31s for sale over here on trademe, which there NEVER are. Told my sister to have a look :)
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 08, 2014, 01:38:15 am »
I would have love to see the 2 machines doing the same things on the video - i really want to know if there is enough noise difference to warrant getting one, have DH tell me to get one, or to stick to my original plan of a second TM31. 8)
:D

Offline floweryspring

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 08, 2014, 04:54:08 am »
Thanks cookie! We are moving back to Melb. Just sold our tmx in US. Will be back there in Oct. Will definitely let you know if I decide to go for HMP instead of the tmx.

Just want to say my HMP has never given me any grief, neither has my TM31.

I will do a honest review,  on it.

In have such a big kitchen, and if a new HMP comes out,  I will upgrade aswell.
Its just like upgrading to a new car.. :) new products come out all the time, so 10 years in between is pretty good.

INAID I'll sell my TM31..

Obie if you had to pick either tmx or HMP which would you pick? We are planning a move back to Aus so have to do the whole selling tmx in US and buying in Aus again. I hope I am allowed to ask this Q!

I also have a HMP as well as my TM31 and without  doubt I would have the TM31. I have had a bit of trouble initially with my HMP but it is all fixed now and everything has been fine for ages. I just don't seem to use the extra functions of the HMP. I thought I would but I don't. Are you moving to Western Australia? I will sell you my HMP for $1000 less than I paid and it has only been used about 30 times. I bought it for when we travel (we take the TM31) for DD to use as she loves the TM31. However she doesn't like it at all. Please feel free to pm me if you have any specific queries re the HMP.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 08, 2014, 05:02:55 am »
Will I buy the new TM5, no I am very happy with 2 TM31s.

Having just had to buy another car due to computer problems in dhs car, I am happy with the good old dial on my trusted TMs.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 08, 2014, 05:08:11 am »
Can i ask a question about others Tm31.
I got mine 3 weeks ago and do feel very cranky we paid full price when they are now $300 cheaper.Sad
But can someone do a test for me with their machine.
Can you put on the timer first and then push the veroma button. Does the inside LCD screen move in when pushed?
Mine does and want to know if its normal or not. I have my consultant coming over next week to have a look but want to see if others do it. It mooves when you push the scales button also but not as much as the varoma.
TIA

Never noticed before, but yes it does.  Just a little, and also a really tiny bit with the scales or the 100degrees buttons.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Chellerin

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 08, 2014, 05:09:59 am »
I've just been told that any orders before the 20th august get the old machine any orders after the 20th get the new machine.
Chelle

Melbourne, Australia

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 08, 2014, 09:33:06 am »
Apparently in Canada the new TM5 has been announced but is not available in North America until
2015.  This then gives customer a chance to consider their options.  Why isn't the same happening in Australia?

I would not be surprised if this is because they are introducing the Thermomix into the USA. At the same time.

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #569 on: September 08, 2014, 10:58:07 am »
CP, I reacted the same way as you did. I found him irritating and not adding much value other allowing us to see the two machines side by side.