Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368906 times)

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #540 on: September 07, 2014, 11:07:13 am »
Great review Chookie ,thanks

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #541 on: September 07, 2014, 11:21:21 am »
Thanks for the nice comments of the review girls.   Would have liked to do more but had to fit it in between visits and meals for Fathers Day. 

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 07, 2014, 11:22:02 am »
Thankyou for the review :)

Someone said that you can't turn the blade off during manual cooking. It only works in auto mode. Is that correct? Because that would really annoy me now. The blade off feature is the one feature I was really excited about.

This would be good to know as it's one of the features that interests me too.
Kylie

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 07, 2014, 11:23:16 am »
I think it would be timely for Thermomix to reconsider the transfer of warranty on their machines.  With the release of the new model there are people wanting to sell machines that only a few months ago they were warning  against buying secondhand because of lack of warranty.  Some of the machines are only a few months old.  

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 07, 2014, 11:40:16 am »
Chookie, thank you for your wonderful review. Although I certainly don't need a new thermie I feel very envious and love the look. Perhaps when I move into a new house it would be a nice addition.
It cook, although I have never noticed it before mine also moves slightly when I press the varoma.
Denise

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 07, 2014, 12:18:17 pm »
Great review Chookie considering it's Father's Day and all! I'm happy with mine but am considering  another TM31 :)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 07, 2014, 12:47:24 pm »
Certainly was a great review, Chookie!  And on such a busy day!  Thank you:)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 07, 2014, 12:54:58 pm »
 How's this: when making yoghurt it heats the milk and yoghurt culture, then sits at a constant temperature without blades turning overnight.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 07, 2014, 01:16:58 pm »
I just wanted to pass on my appreciation.  I have so loved checking in on this thread since it started - as a new model rumour in June - to a TM5 reality in September!!

Thanks everyone, but special mention to Cookie1 for starting the thread; MM for letting it stay alive; Gert for being so well informed, Turando for being open with information as it came to hand; Faffa for the new specs so quickly; Helene for the latest on her blog, and thanks Chookie for despite it being Fathers Day, posting us a great side by side comparison, complete with pics  :)

We have had our TM31 for 4 years and we love it.  I can understand the confusion and disappointment of those purchasing (unaware) so close to a new model being released, and hope if you approach HO you may get some satisfaction.

But as pointed out in Thermoments' side by side video comparison (posted on Helene's blog) the TM31 is still a wonderfully brilliant machine!  

So if you have a brand new TM31 you are not sure you like yet, try not to stay disappointed, but instead maybe engage with the generous people on this forum and learn more about the miracle machine you have on your bench top.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:12:54 pm by O4aTimtam »
Helen from Willetton, Western Australia   |

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 07, 2014, 01:20:18 pm »
Thanks Chookie with all being said it's nice to read an honest review.

I have had mine just over 12 month & for me there is not enough to warrant changing. Also my DH hates touch screens so he is more than happy to use the TM31 plus I'm not big into having the latest ... I have only had one car and it's 18 years old thinking at 20 years I might upgrade 😉

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 07, 2014, 01:23:13 pm »
That's a cool trick CP.

Thanks for your review chookie. As always your honesty and down to earth approach is refreshing.

It's a personal choice to buy a tmx and it's a personal choice to upgrade to a new one. Being informed of the differences helps. I feel lucky to be able to own one tmx and maybe, if I win tattslotto, I will one day own a second. Until then I'm going to happily keep on cooking in my tmx31. For those that do upgrade and those that don't, happy cooking xox

Offline Cbt1

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 07, 2014, 01:36:57 pm »
Apparently in Canada the new TM5 has been announced but is not available in North America until
2015.  This then gives customer a chance to consider their options.  Why isn't the same happening in Australia?

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 07, 2014, 01:59:39 pm »
Apparently in Canada the new TM5 has been announced but is not available in North America until
2015.  This then gives customer a chance to consider their options.  Why isn't the same happening in Australia?

I guess its a decision that has been taken by the distributor.  Here in the UK, Thermomix used to be distributed by an independent distributor but its now been taken over by Vorwerk.  That's the same as in the rest of Europe as far as I'm aware but I don't know the situation in Australia.

Someone further up the thread mentioned that some demonstrators had been named and shamed for selling TM31 with a new model so close and, I gotta say, that makes me really, really uncomfortable.  Its very unlikely that they did know unless they were consultant demonstrators (and I'm only guessing that they knew in advance so they could prepare to support their team) and you can't expect a consultant demonstrator to tell a customer something that she can't share with her own team.

Lots of technology items have releases that are shrouded in secrecy, I think that what has caused the upset with Thermomix is that new models are released so rarely whereas new iphones (for example) are released quite regularly.

I can't wait to see the new model tomorrow :D

Nik x
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline arafalov

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 07, 2014, 02:13:11 pm »

Well, I am one of those potential customers and I am quite annoyed. I like the new model, but waiting 3 months for it would be a real pain. I might as well then do something else entirely and see if 5.1 (with computer bug fixes) comes out another 6 months after that.

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 07, 2014, 03:03:20 pm »
You know what I thought was really impressive? That the TM31 is old in terms of technology yet still such a great machine even now that even the TM5 which is a new model still doesn't have any significant upgrades in my opinion in terms of functionality. I think it is really impressive that they made the TM31 and kept it still relevant till today and probably for a while to come. That's really impressive for when it was first invented!