Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368779 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #315 on: September 03, 2014, 08:07:29 am »
I've been sitting here pondering about the secrecy of the new model. The  special facebook page, details about patents, mock ups of what is "thought" to be the new design, new features etc - these are obviously done by people whose paid job is to leak controlled information so that by the time of release its heavily anticipated and freely publicised. Not all people when searching for information about TM's are seeing what has been posted. The main crux of it for people especially looking on this forum is that people just want to be informed. When a new car, oriThingy comes out or a Kindle etc people who place an order have an idea that the model will be superseded in a year or 5 years time, and they roughly know which month. With the TM its quite a big ticket item for a household and for the majority a one-off purchase. New models don't come out with any regularity.

From a Vorwerk perspective: where do you draw the line at announcing a new appliance and changes in function so as not to be left with superceded/old stock? (especially when you don't discount)
If there was a cut off date, how do you not upset those people that just missed out on the cut off date? (it would be impossible to please everyone).
Advising consultants of what is actually happening means information that is not intended for the open public will get out.

From a customer perspective: why not start advising 6-12 months earlier that there is likely to be new model released in September and they can make a decision to hold off or go ahead.

Its a tough one from both sides, but perhaps a little rougher if seen from a new customer perspective.

Get your purchase agreement out and have a read through. Perhaps find out from Consumer Protection what your rights are if you wish to upgrade to the newer model and your TM has not been delivered or taken out of the box.

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 03, 2014, 08:24:15 am »
Welcome to the Vorwerk way of selling. Remember they used to be in the Tupperware business.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 03, 2014, 09:16:28 am »
I didn't know that Gert. Thanks for some more information.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 03, 2014, 09:27:57 am »
I remember how anxious I felt in the time between having placed the order and having received it.  Such a big financial commitment just because I wanted one. Of course within days of it arriving there were no regrets. I can imagine how everyone that has made that decision is feeling with all the talk of a new model added to the stress of " did I do the right thing".  And it should be a happy time.
Hang in there everyone, I may be silly but I have faith that a large organisation like this will look after it's valued customers.
Denise

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 03, 2014, 09:43:17 am »
I think they used to have 10% or something like that. They have always been in the direct selling business including cosmetics as in home selling. I have not looked at this in a while so don't  know if it has been updated but here is the link.http://www.directsellingeurope.eu/newsarticles/german-powerhouse-vorwerk-continues-grow-and-invest

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 03, 2014, 09:44:32 am »
I remember how anxious I felt in the time between having placed the order and having received it.  Such a big financial commitment just because I wanted one. Of course within days of it arriving there were no regrets. I can imagine how everyone that has made that decision is feeling with all the talk of a new model added to the stress of " did I do the right thing".  And it should be a happy time.
Hang in there everyone, I may be silly but I have faith that a large organisation like this will look after it's valued customers.

I had knots in my belly until I started to use it and then all my muscles relaxed and I just sighed at  how wonderful it is.

Gert

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 03, 2014, 10:23:03 am »
there are other machines out there :)

so much hype, over one brand..
maybe one should look at all options.

new model cars come out, and don't cause this much fuss. :)

where is the care factor from HO.
maybe  wait

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:27:49 am by obbie »
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline kyton

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #322 on: September 03, 2014, 10:52:06 am »
It's the hype that kept me away in the beginning. I stewed over it for ages. Then as nice as the consultant was I hated the high pressure sales tactic so I still put off the buying for another 6mths.
Finally after that time I bought, but from a Vorwerk seller in Germany. They were excellent to deal with, price savings were amazing and there was no high sales pitch.
So as much as I love the machine I hate the sales situation here in Australia. If the new machine is worth upgrading I will once again approach the German seller and crunch the numbers again.
Kylie

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 03, 2014, 11:01:04 am »
I am a consultant and found out last week. I had no idea a new model was even rumoured as I don't visit many online pages.  Luckily for me,

For anyone who ordered after the 20th when stock ran out, you should get the new one. Once it is announced, they will be calling people and asking them if they wish to pay the $50 for the upgrade.

I do think it is shoddy for people not to know. Not everyone who wants to buy one is going to search online forums and since most of us consultants had no idea till recently we would have been telling people no we know nothing about a new model.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:39:44 am by turando »

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 03, 2014, 11:07:06 am »
Turando .
what about the people like me and many others that have only had there thermo for 3weeks is there anything we can do?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:05:47 pm by ltcook »

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #325 on: September 03, 2014, 11:07:21 am »
So here comes the true situation. Thanks Turando. I knew my source was very good but I was waiting for someone else to confirm the details.

How is it sold in Germany Kyton?

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 03, 2014, 11:11:58 am »
For the person who has not had their TM delivered. Ask the consultant to speak to their group leader about swapping it for a newer model one if it is an older model (it could possibly be the new one since she isn't allowed to deliver it yet). You have not taken delivery so should have more leeway.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #327 on: September 03, 2014, 11:12:09 am »
Ok, let me put a curly question out there...what if people who put in an order on 21 August, for example, refuse to pay the extra $50 ...would they still get the new model since they have run out of the current stock? After all, these people were within their rights to refuse to pay the extra $50!!!

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 03, 2014, 11:14:40 am »
itcook: unfortunately i can't think of anything that can be done. I don't know if head office has any incentive for the buyers recently or not. I guess we'll be finding out next week.

I should add that I'm probably not as in the loop as maybe other consultants were as I've been quite sick past few months so have not had much contact with others. But like I said group leaders were not even meant to mention it to us and I have no idea when they found out but I doubt it was ages ago.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 03, 2014, 11:15:39 am »
I haven't been on here for many months because we recently moved across the world to be with a terminally ill grandmother. I had to sell my tmx when I left Australia because of differences in voltage and then couldn't buy one here because they are not available in the US and Canadian consultants were forbidden to sell to US residents so have been missing the tmx very much. Hence, news of a new model is very interesting. I wonder if they will start to market to the US market and what the price will be in the UK and rest of Europe? I always found the Australian pricing to be too steep when compared to its European and UK counterparts, particularly since the strengthening of the Australian dollar against other currencies. Australian pricing very uncompetitive because TMX Australia is a monopoly supplier.
From Perth WA