Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368828 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #720 on: September 11, 2014, 05:47:34 am »
I think if they (HO-Aust) changed their policy on the transfer of the warranty it would lessen a lot of the angst. Strange that it doesn't seem to be a universal policy ...is it??

stacelee

« Reply #721 on: September 11, 2014, 05:54:51 am »
I hate to say it but I think I will stay away from the happy customer page....I've always told everyone who asks about the machine how much I love it but I am less than impressed with the selling model and my interactions with HQ have never been overly positive.  I'm in the fortunate position that I now have access to a couple of other machines, one of which is a truly commercial machine and that is the way that I'm currently swinging.  I've given my Thermochef to my sister and hopefully will be able to play with the new Robot Cook shortly after Fine Food.  If I don't decide to go that way, I might go the HMP Gastro......my inner geek is still lusting after the touchscreen and the recipe chip but I know that I would use the larger capacity and higher temperature etc more than I would step by step instructions!  If my TM31 is ever unrepairable, I would probably get another one because I do love it....but I would probably look second hand because I really don't want to give HQ any more of my hard earned money.....but the touchscreen is so pretty :P

Offline floweryspring

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 11, 2014, 06:07:00 am »
Stacelee - robot cook??? I was intrigued and googled it  & saw these huge robots cooking in restaurants in china!

I hate to say it but I think I will stay away from the happy customer page....I've always told everyone who asks about the machine how much I love it but I am less than impressed with the selling model and my interactions with HQ have never been overly positive.  I'm in the fortunate position that I now have access to a couple of other machines, one of which is a truly commercial machine and that is the way that I'm currently swinging.  I've given my Thermochef to my sister and hopefully will be able to play with the new Robot Cook shortly after Fine Food.  If I don't decide to go that way, I might go the HMP Gastro......my inner geek is still lusting after the touchscreen and the recipe chip but I know that I would use the larger capacity and higher temperature etc more than I would step by step instructions!  If my TM31 is ever unrepairable, I would probably get another one because I do love it....but I would probably look second hand because I really don't want to give HQ any more of my hard earned money.....but the touchscreen is so pretty :P

stacelee

« Reply #723 on: September 11, 2014, 06:34:18 am »
Its a new machine that is being officially released on the 15 Sept. and will be on the Robot Coupe stand at Fine Food.  It is a true commercial machine....they are not aiming toward the same market as Thermomix...Robot Coupe have been around for over 50 years...they were probably the original food processor company.  This particular machine hasn't been given a lot of publicity, they released it in France a couple of years ago but is only now being released to other markets.  Unlike Hotmix, they are not trying to take on Thermomix but looking towards the commercial catering market.  They have based it on a machine of their own that has been on the market for many years and haven't tried to copy an old patent of Thermomix.  If anyone is curious the link to a press release is here http://www.gohospitality.com.au/c/robot-coupe-australia/robot-coupe-launches-cooking-cutter-blender-n2516586 .

Just for the record....I believe that all catering equipment suppliers that are Robot Coupe dealers will have access to the machine.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 11, 2014, 06:41:56 am »
They look interesting Stacelee. It would be good to have a proper cutter attachment (if I'm reading the promo correctly) rather than just being able to chop and the higher temperature is what I really wish the TMX went for with this upgrade. I woudl have thought it was an easy enough upgrade that many would have liked.

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 11, 2014, 09:39:35 am »
That one looks interesting. Any ideas on price?

What temperature is needed for caramelising?

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 11, 2014, 01:03:13 pm »
Can i ask 2 things.
1 i asked before but just want to clarify this 1. Does anyones lcd creen move in and out when the varoma button is pressed. and also when you put timer on and push varoma, when it reaches 100°C is the varoma light meant to go on at the same time?
TIA

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 11, 2014, 01:57:22 pm »
Can i ask 2 things.
1 i asked before but just want to clarify this 1. Does anyones lcd creen move in and out when the varoma button is pressed. and also when you put timer on and push varoma, when it reaches 100°C is the varoma light meant to go on at the same time?
TIA
Yes my screen does move slightly when pressed.
No the Varoma light will only come on when it reaches Varoma temperature.It usually flashes until the Varoma temperature is reached.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 11, 2014, 01:59:24 pm »
ok. mine moves allot and as soon as the 100°C light went on so did my varoma light.:(

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 11, 2014, 02:09:47 pm »
This problem is still troubling you so I would get your consultant to sort it out.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline HappyDee84

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 11, 2014, 02:37:40 pm »
Can i ask 2 things.
TIA
Yes my screen does move slightly when pressed.
No the Varoma light will only come on when it reaches Varoma temperature.It usually flashes until the Varoma temperature is reached.

Hi guys, first post on here :-) I was just wondering if the above was referring to the TM31 or the TM5? I'm looking to buy the TM5 next month because I have been holding off for 2 years, but the worry of buying the first of a new model plus the unknown price increase after Oct 31 is making me do as much research as possible to make sure I don't regret my purchase!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 11, 2014, 02:42:35 pm »
This is for the TM31 Dee.  Welcome to the forum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 11, 2014, 09:00:26 pm »
Its a new machine that is being officially released on the 15 Sept. and will be on the Robot Coupe stand at Fine Food.  It is a true commercial machine....they are not aiming toward the same market as Thermomix...Robot Coupe have been around for over 50 years...they were probably the original food processor company.  This particular machine hasn't been given a lot of publicity, they released it in France a couple of years ago but is only now being released to other markets.  Unlike Hotmix, they are not trying to take on Thermomix but looking towards the commercial catering market.  They have based it on a machine of their own that has been on the market for many years and haven't tried to copy an old patent of Thermomix.  If anyone is curious the link to a press release is here http://www.gohospitality.com.au/c/robot-coupe-australia/robot-coupe-launches-cooking-cutter-blender-n2516586 .

Just for the record....I believe that all catering equipment suppliers that are Robot Coupe dealers will have access to the machine.

DS calls it a THERMOMIX on steroids  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 11, 2014, 11:41:51 pm »
I have had my consultant over and she has done a service claim for me but thermomix has sent her an email asking to send video evidence of all thats not write instead of sending someone to pick it up or come look at it..

Offline HappyDee84

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 11, 2014, 11:57:54 pm »
Thank you so much JudyDawn  :)

I wonder if anyone can answer this question - one of the ladies at work saw the TM5 in action on the weekend, they were doing a huge cook up for a charity event and needed to use it to cook some pasta. She saw it boil right over the jug and over the unit, which has freaked her out from buying one. Could this have been user error (i.e., are there specific instructions on the amount of water/pasta you should put in?).

I have never owned a thermomix and I'm looking to buy the TM5 next month, just trying to do some research because $2k is such a lot of money for me!

Thank you  :)