Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 371035 times)

Offline thenorthern

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #570 on: September 08, 2014, 11:23:12 am »
I also agree re the video.  He was overly negative and carried on a bit unnecessarily.  I do agree that the core of it has not changed and new and old owners alike should be pleased, but I think he was being a bit reactive and unfair to the new machine.  The ultimate sentiment that they're both great machines is very true though.  I think his complaints regarding the extra time it takes to get a recipe going is silly because it'll be negligible once he and others get the hang of it.  I was also a little slow getting to know the TM31, but now it's near second nature. 

I feel good about my TM5 that's on it's way, but I have used a TM31 and it was what made me fall in love and want to order in the first place.  I think all the negativity is a shame.
Soon to be owner from Melbourne, Australia.

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 08, 2014, 11:48:38 am »
This is from a facebook page called https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thermomix-unhappy-customers/354228048077604

Please support this petition by going to the following and joining. This petition will be forwarded to Thermomix AU and Corporate Communications Germany-

https://www.change.org/p/thermomix-au-address-the-issues-surrounding-the-misleading-way-thermomix-au-have-handled-their-customers-and-provide-a-fair-and-satisfactory-resolution

Offline zebby

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 08, 2014, 11:51:52 am »
Thanks for sharing this page Itcook.

I love my TMX and have had it for 5 years but I am so cranky with how TMC in Australia have handled this new machine - they have outright lied to new customers and it simply isn't good enough.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 08, 2014, 01:06:33 pm »
Welcome to all the new and past members who have come to the forum recently with the model changeover. We hope you stay with us and join in on our topics. This is one place that you can always get the latest news and rumours, prompt support, unbiased opinions, lots of kitchen knowledge, and friendship at your fingertips :-* and also the best recipes.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #574 on: September 08, 2014, 01:47:20 pm »
Well said CP.  :)

Offline Leontine

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #575 on: September 08, 2014, 02:08:27 pm »
It's funny how I must hear about it on a Australian forum while I'm living in the Netherlands next to Germany the home of Vorwerk ;) sadly I'm also a new user I got mine 11 th of August. But I'm very happy with it although I would like to have the opportunity to wait for the new model. Perhaps I'll try to sell it and buy the new one but probably that costs me too much....

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 08, 2014, 02:10:24 pm »
I saw on Facebook that the new butterfly works in tm31!
Denise

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 08, 2014, 02:24:45 pm »
I saw on Facebook that the new butterfly works in tm31!
That will make a lot of people happy I hope, as that is a HUGE bonus. I wonder then about the MC and steaming basket?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 08, 2014, 02:25:51 pm »
The blade is only off in auto mode for rice/yoghurt. That's a bit sucky. I'd like to be able to turn the blade off when doing stews/curries because I don't like the meat breaking down.

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 08, 2014, 02:27:00 pm »
Hmm I was told the butterfly would not work well with the old TM. Will check it out tomorrow.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #580 on: September 08, 2014, 02:29:34 pm »
I'm rather peeved that the GL in our area said I can't re-train as there're two already undergoing training.
 Apparently, there's been a consultant not 40km from our town who's been selling for 6 months. No one has heard of her. I've had people in my town asking about the new machine and will I please train again. Unfortunately, those that live near large towns have no desire to travel unless there's a guaranteed sale.

Oh, and if you can't turn the blade off manually, I'm not sure I'm that interested any more....
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:35:46 pm by meganjane »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 08, 2014, 02:35:48 pm »
That sounds wrong meganjane. Can you speak to the branch manager? Maybe your training can be done at another GL if you don't mind the travel time if she has no training on? We were told that existing ambassadors they are doing some special resign up for this launch. Sounds silly to me.

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 08, 2014, 02:36:29 pm »
I'll double check meganjane when I get mine but that is what the answer to me was when I asked.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #583 on: September 08, 2014, 03:23:50 pm »

Quote from: Meagain
Starts at 37º,40ºonwards in 5º increments (for some reason also including 98º) up to 120º
40RPM to 10700RPM
Induction

Hi Meagan  We were told at training today that 98 degrees is there for simmering.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #584 on: September 08, 2014, 03:45:40 pm »
Now this comment from Helene's blog is VERY interesting...
"
Cathy 5 September 2014 at 11:41 pm (PERMALINK)   

I just ordered my Thermomix on the last day of August. They had a special deal with a free bag and kitchen set. I have received an email from Thermomix with the options of me purchasing the new model for the introductory price of $1,989 with standard host rewards and qualifying demo. or Continue with the purchase for model 31 with standard host rewards, and the advertised promotion at a rebated price of $1689. Apparently they will continue with demo’s until the end of the year for the 31 Model.
So I can choose which model I would like, but I’m not sure which one I will go with just yet, plus if I go with the new model, my consultant may not know how to operate it for my demo. "

Astarra, the comment "Apparently they will continue with demos until the end of the year for the 31 model is not correct.  I think whoever wrote that confused demos with cooking classes.  There are still cooking classes using TM31 but also some featuring Thermomix model 5, as it's a chance for everyone to see the latest.  When Nico Moretti comes, we know he will be demonstrating with TM31.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:47:14 pm by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution